The Victoria Falls Hotel
US$282
US$398
US$358
  • Breakfast included
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$234
US$170
Pamusha Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$150
US$128
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Pool
US$267
US$245
US$520
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
US$212
US$185
The Elephant Camp(Victoria Falls)
US$1,154
US$1,190
US$1,154
2,652 results
All reviewsjungle junctionlivingstone roomhigh teagrand old ladystanley terracelivingstone restauranthistoric hotelold world charmcolonial timesstep back in timebygone eragrand dameterrace restaurantpublic roomsrovos railcolonial styledeluxe room
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Victoria Falls Hotel is a classy, sedate hotel that is steeped in history. It has that old world charm of an Africa of days gone by. The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Sometimes service was a little slow for meals, but one only has to look around at the views to appreciate the atmosphere and ambiance you are surrounded by, and relax! Vic Falls is conveniently located within walking distance of shopping options and many tour operators. The hotel will provide an escort to these locations if you are uncomfortable walking on your own. There are several desks in the main lobby offering a variety of guest services and a well stocked gift shop with reasonable prices. Every evening there is entertainment at their main restaurant, Jungle Junction. It's buffet style, food is plentiful and there's great variety. You will need a reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I usually don't write negative reviews and this hotel is very nice with a good staff. I didn't pay for the room directly because I was with a tour. Since Zimbabwe is now a dollar based economy prices of everything are higher than Botswana and S. Africa, sometimes more than double. I'd say if you want to see the falls, come stay one night and then push onward. Again, the hotel itself is just fine. The food was good and the room was small but adequate

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bobinlakeway
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Spend two nights at the Victoria Falls Hotel.The hotel is over 100 years old but well kept, The view from the gardens are magnificent but you need to walk to the national park to see the Victoria Falls which are amazing, On our walk there we seen baboons, one elephant, dear and lots of birds. The breakfast buffet had lots of variety, the dining place is build like a courtyard. Met many people from different nationalities. Our room was small but comfortable. Employees are friendly and helpful. We walked to town but we were bothered by vendors, they don't leave you alone, have to learn to say no and pretend you don't speak English, it helped. Baboons are all over the place and they leave you alone. We took a river cruise on the Zambezi river, we saw elephants, rhino, crocodile and a variety of birds.
Two days in Victoria Falls is enough but to visit the falls is a must see.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chefrene_12
Reviewed 21 September 2013

A Super experience - a colonial hotel in the middle of Africa. Wonderful position, looking down the garden, along the ravine to the clouds of water vapour / spray thrown up from the Victoria Falls. Monkeys run around the garden, while wild boars graze away. Evening dining outside while watching local dance shows. Dress up for old fashioned dinner in the dining room. Afternoon tea on the terrace. The bedroom was a little tired, but the this was a genuine colonial hotel, in Africa, & that all adds to the experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel lived up to expectations. It is in a fantastic location with views over its own grounds and down to the bridge at the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. The spray rising from the falls is clearly visible even in September when the water is not in full spate. My room was a bit tired and looked out over a part of the inner courtyard which was being worked on, so was not perfect, but I liked the colonial charm. You sometimes have to accept that an older hotel won't be completely perfect. It would have been nicer if the mosquito nets were not blood spattered - but then, I didn't try complaining. I found the service was good and the staff were helpful carrying my case (no lift) and booking trips/advising what was best to do in the time I had. The breakfast was especially good in a very pleasant setting with choice of sun or shade,and everything a buffet breakfast should have. I took High Tea as part of the package I had booked and arrived towards the end of the time slot - the cakes etc seemed a little dry as though they had been standing out all afternoon. Nice choices of cakes etc though. I walked to the falls from the hotel which was a bonus. Overall, I would definitely choose this hotel again if I return to the falls.

Room Tip: Like everyone else, I would have preferred a view towards the falls. I was in Room 150 which would be fine once the works outside are finished.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo