My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in October. As others have written it is in a great location on the bank of the Zambezi with very well fitted out rooms and some of the friendliest staff we have had the pleasure of meeting.
On our first night we enjoyed visits in the Lodge grounds by warthogs, monkees, an elephant, 2 hippos and 3 buffalo. The lodge is a few kilometres out of town but there is a regular free shuttle to the main attractions. The breakfasts and dinners are magnificent with dinner being the highlight as you are entertained by local singers and dancers in traditional dress.
Our only regret is that we didn't spend more nights but it's definitely on the list for next time.
A few tips if you're flying into and out of Livingstone and coming to Victoria Falls across the bridge:
1) At the Livingstone Airport Immigration ask for a 2-way visa (US$80 per person) that covers you for entering Zambia twice ie, once on initial entry and again when you are leaving.
2) Prearrange across-border transfers. We used and can highly recommend Wild Horizons who from memory charged approx US$30 per person to collect us from Livingstone airport, take us through the border crossings on to A'Zambesi and then return on our departure.
3) As the Zimbabwe currency is virtually worthless due to hyper-inflation and many credit card facilities in the businesses are intermittent due to poor internet connectivity, make sure you take plenty of US$ (there are ATMs in the town but I wouldn't rely solely on them just in case).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A'Zambezi River Lodge, is a recently refurbished 4 star Hotel situated on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River, 5km upstream from the magnificent Victoria Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your A'Zambezi River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a`Zambezi River Hotel Victoria Falls
- Mercure Victoria Falls