Victoria Falls River Lodge - Zambezi Crescent
US$282
US$398
US$358
  • Breakfast included
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$234
US$245
US$520
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
US$212
US$185
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Pool
The Victoria Falls Hotel(Victoria Falls)
US$427
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
The Elephant Camp(Victoria Falls)
US$1,154
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational parkgame drivesoutdoor showerboat captainplunge poolland safarissoaking tublion world travelprivate boatsunrise and sunsetfamily suitebath saltsluxury tentsmorning and eveninghippos and crocodileslast stopguided tour
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Zambezi Crescent

Staff
The professionalism, enthusiasm and personal interest shown by all of the staff (without exception) was superb. Lucky and Chrissie made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived at the lodge. Patrick was immediately on hand to offer me a drink and inform me of the lunch plans. From then on, Shane, George, Clever and all of the rest of the team made sure that my experience would be unforgettable - the game viewing and guiding, river cruise, bush walk, food and overall hospitality were superb

Lodge and Facilities
The team has created a true oasis on the banks of the Zambezi. The main lodge is comfortable and you are free to join the larger group of guests or spend some time privately. Accessing the Internet via the free wi-fi access was also a pleasant surprise (especially being able to Skype my family from the banks of the Zambezi). The rooms are spacious, comfortable and have all the necessary amenities one would expect (e.g. bath, two showers - one outdoors, clean water, large beds, couches, stocked fridge, aircon, fan, etc).

The food was a definite highlight - all the main meals were well prepared, of the highest quality and offered a variety for all tastes and guest preferences; high tea was excellent; and the snacks on the sunset cruise and game drives were great.

Activities
George and Shane must definitely be two of the most experienced game rangers I have met - their knowledge of birds, trees, animals and "signs of the wild" were incredible. I was definitely not prepared for the massive variety of birds that one can spot on the river and in the surrounding bush and I learnt a lot about them and their habits from the team. We got to see Sable, Porcupine, Genet and Serval on our night drive. Buffalo, Hippos, Waterbuck, Warthog, Baboon and Vervet Monkeys are abundant around the main lodge. We were also fortunate to see many crocodiles, hippos and elephant on the sunset river cruise as well.

Overall, my stay at Zambezi Crescent certainly rates as one of the best lodge and bush experiences that I have ever had. I cannot wait to share it with more family and friends in future - well done to the whole team for an out of this world experience!

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Diane G
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our first camp on our holiday, and the experience was amazing. The lodge was quiet and tranquil. The staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay was memorable. Chrissy the manager on duty did a great job of coordinating everything, her attention to detail was so appreciated. She truly helped us maximize our short time at the lodge. One of my favorite experiences was our evening cruise on the river. White was our boat captain and he provided great insight about the river and ecosystem. That night back at camp after dinner, we learned that a herd of Cape Buffalo was moving through the camp. White loaded us and a couple of other guests up in the Land Rover and we did an "impromptu" late night game drive. The staff overall was so amazing and nice. The accommodations were beautiful and spaced perfectly apart. I would highly recommend this lodge, it is away from the hustle and bustle of town. The staff did an amazing job to ensure we maximized our time at the lodge. We stayed in tent #4, the views of the river were great and there was always wildlife present. While we were at the lodge we took advantage of a game drive in the park. The park is beautiful, the wildlife was not as plentiful as other places but definitely worth the time. We were also impressed by the meals, the presentation and service was very good.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad tent, i would highly recommend number 4. It was quiet and the animals were very "active" at night outside. The tents are very comfortable, we were there in the winter and fully leveraged the heater at night and air during the day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights sept. 2013. It was almost unbearably hot...a staffer at the hotel told us sept and October were called the suicide months! However the tents have air conditioning and that really helped. As all the reviews have said, lovely tents, great beds, nice decks overlooking the river. The staff was good and George the general manager was terrific..he really made our stay. He made arrangements for us and was always checking in. He also rescued my friend who was stuck at the airport. We were celebrating birthdays and they made a huge fuss over us. We only had time for one game drive and didn't see too much but Zimbabwe is not a zoo and it is always hit or miss. But George was our guide and very knowledgable. Food very good and I liked not being closer to town as it was a quick drive and would rather be in the park versus town. Early morning boat cruise was a lot of fun as well. Highly recommend the very expensive helicopter ride over the falls...we took the 27 minute ride ...sounds very touristy and it is but amazing views. We saw elephants swimming and using their trunks as snorkels as well as herds of sables, a rare antelope. the only reason I am not giving a full five star rating is that I stayed at truly amazing places in Botswana and Kenya. But this lodge I am sure will get there as long as George is there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank attytrav.
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Although we stay here for one night but it was enough time to explore the Falls. The room was big with great view of the river. The food was excellent, the staff was very friendly and nice. We didnt do the drive since we know that the hotel is located in the park and would not allow us to do off road driving. We did boat ride instead, we got to see the hippo, crocodile and all the birds this amazing river has to offer. We would return again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Courtney L
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel was a bit of a surprise for us. We booked at the advice of our travel agent because our first choice hotel was full. We were a bit concerned about staying away from the main town area but were looking forward to the location, right on the banks of the river. We weren't disappointed. The location was beautiful. The hotel definitely has some growing pains. We had a bit of a mixup with our pickup from the airport and ended up waiting over an hour to get our ride to the hotel. When we finally did leave the hotel, we were put on a bus and had to make multiple stops with ours being the last stop. When we finally arrived at the boat dock, we missed our boat and were picked up in a jeep instead. It was a bit of a frustrating experience. But the accommodations are beautiful and much larger than expected. A family of 6 could have easily stayed in our "tent" with room to spare. Because the location is away from town, you rely on the food at the hotel. I had given advance notice that I am vegan and gluten-free but unfortunately, they were unable to accommodate me with anything other than vegetables and fruit. But the food for those without dietary restrictions seemed to be plentiful. There are lots of nice touches... however they need to do a better job of making their guests feel welcome and comfortable and not an imposition, especially at these high rates.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family