“Club rooms”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Victoria Falls
Ogden, Utah
“Club rooms”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This property was a welcome relief after spending a week in the bush in safari camps. It was wonderful to have air conditioning, free Internet, a complimentary mini bar with wine, water, and drinks. The rooms are very nice and the property is just beautiful.

Room Tip: They leave little presents on your bed at night. You want a room facing the water hole.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
AfricaAlbidaTourism, General Manager at Victoria Falls Safari Club, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Hi Patty. I'm glad the rooms were as comfortable as we try to make them. Look forward to your return soon.

claire@saflodge.co.zw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Hebrew first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 September 2013

After checking through many reviews on TA, my husband & I finally chosen VFSC for our 2 nights stay in Zimbabwe. It was a brilliant choice!

Our room was excellent! spacious, clean & v comfortable, with a nice balcony overlooking the waterhole.

Service staff in VFSC are first class! We were always greeted with smiles and every request we had were handled efficiently.
Breakfast spread was awesome. It's a pity we didn't set enough time to try everything.
One of the staff, Bland, was extremely sweet. We were having our breakfast & Bland came over and chat with us about our schedule, making sure we got everything arranged for the day. When we need rushed off for our full day tour, Bland came back with this chocolate croissant and offered me to bring it along in case I got hungry later.

The manager Claire, is another amazing person In VFSC. The local tour agency ( which we arranged ourselves) messed up twice and nothing was being done even We complained. When Claire heard about what We encountered, she stood up for us. She called up the agency and demand them for an apology and refund to us. Claire also advised on how to rearrange our schedule to make sure we won't miss out much.
After we returned to our country just last week, I got an email from the tour agency offering to refund my tour payment. If not for Claire's help, there is not even a proper apology, not to mention the refund.

My husband and I have been to many other luxury hotels/resorts all around the world. This is the first time we were so impressed, by the care and services of VFSC staff. We believe to achieve this standard of service, it has to come from the heart.

We will definitely return to VFSC. The next round, we will make sure we keep ample time just to relax in the club. enjoy the great food, great view and the great people around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diana T
Hi Diana,

Wow, thanks so much for the message. It was an absolute pleasure to help you with your situation and I'm glad everything turned out well for you in the end. We loved having you here, and you are right - everything we do comes from a strong passion for our lodges , people, and the environment. Right from the heart.

Look forward to seeing you when you return!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have just spent 3 nights here at the beginning of my Zimbabwe trip and was so sad to leave. From the minute I arrived the staff looked after me with a discreet, polite and friendly attitude. The views are stunning and watching the elephants and buffalo drink at the watering hole whilst sipping a mango juice on the balcony is unforgettable. The rooms are modern and spotlessly clean and the property is built in a way which fits the environment rather than creating a concrete jungle. The location is perfect, a 5 minute shuttle ride to town and 10 minutes to the falls and with a punctual hourly shuttle from the hotel this is easy. I plan to come back here and see the falls in a different and without a doubt this will be my accommodation choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
AfricaAlbidaTourism, General Manager at Victoria Falls Safari Club, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thanks so much for the review and the compliments. Victoria Falls is different every time you see it so please come back and have a look again. March is great - lots of water coming over and a huge spray. Really spectacular. I'm glad our lodge was such a fantastic experience and look forward to having you back again.

Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed two nights at the Club rooms as part of our tour of the area. The room itself was lovely; spacious, modern, clean and tastefully decorated. We had a balcony overlooking the watering hole and we woke both mornings to herds of Cape Buffalo, Baboons and Elephants taking their turns in the water.

The staff were lovely every one. All of our needs were quickly and efficiently met and everyone was friendly and greeted us warmly. I felt well taken care of. It was just a really beautiful and peaceful spot and I highly recommend it for a stay in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there - its fantastic that you saw such great game. Elephants abound at this time of year, and glad you appreciated having them around. They are such elegant and peaceful animals. Yes, the staff love their jobs and happy that this showed.

Look forward to having you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We came to VFSC for two nights in between safaris in Botswana and South Africa. I remember looking it up on TA before we came, and noticed that a lot of the reviews mentioned how great the staff were. I briefly worried that maybe it was a sign that the hotel wasn't that great (facilities, atmosphere, etc.) that everyone felt the need to comment on the staff. Turns out, the hotel is fantastic -- and the staff are just really exceptional. Though we were only there for a short time, I can think of 4 or 5 instances where the staff went out of their way to assist us, provide information, do something they didn't really have to do.

As I said, this is to take nothing away from the facility. Our room was probably too nice. I felt like I should be spending more time in there because it was so nice, but at the same time I felt ridiculous being in my room with so much to see/do outside. We spent one day hitting up the attraction circuit -- helicopter tour, ground tour of the falls, Hotel Victoria Falls tea -- and another just relaxing at the pool/spa/bar. Each day was great in its own right.

We debated whether to do dinner at Boma at length (partly because we had misheard another guest and thought it was much more expensive than it actually was), and ended up being glad we did it. Definitely a unique experience, worth doing -- great food, great entertainment, lively atmosphere. My only complaint is for my fellow guests -- guys/gals, I know you're sort of outside, but you're still in a restaurant. Don't apply your aerosol bug spray at the table. I don't want DEET on my kabobs. Put it on before dinner, or step out of the dining area for the love of God.

Jonathan and team, keep up the great work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Benjamin. Thanks for the great review. We do our best to make sure the experience is top class for all. I'm glad you made it to the Boma too - a fabulous experience and a must-do in Victoria Falls. Thanks for the thoughts regarding the staff. We all love what we do and hope it shows. See you again soon.

pasadena,ca
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The staff were courteous from the moment we checked in. The view was spectacular! Our rooms were comfortable and relaxing. I enjoyed soaking in the tub. We enjoyed our cocktails as we watched the spectacular sunsets. The falls were closed by, ideal location!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ideal location indeed! Thanks for such a fantastic review. It was a pleasure to have you and look forward to your return.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

One of the most enjoyable hotels that I have stayed in. Extremely modern and stylish rooms with great views and a short drive to the falls. Although I have stayed at the Victoria falls safari lodge, the safari club is in a different league and well worth it. Will return.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MTreagus
Hello there. Thanks for such kind words - we are glad the experience was everything you hoped for and more. Nice to see you are keen to return soon. We will be waiting to welcome you.