“Into Arfrica”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Victoria Falls
London, United Kingdom
“Into Arfrica”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My son and I spent two nights in the Club in mid Feb. I agree that the staff were superb. We much appreciated the boutique nature of the Club as against the larger Lodge.As soon as we arrived the staff filled us in on 'what was on offer'. We appreciated the personal hand written 'welcome card' in our room.
While some of the rooms had a limited view of the watering hole it could be clearly seen from the bar/restaurant in the Club and we were encouraged to watch the wonderful African sunsets from there while enjoying complimentary cocktails and snacks, as well as the fridge full of free beer and wine in the room!
The courtesy bus into the town was efficient and collected on time from various stops in the town both in the daytime and the evening (including the Vic Falls Hotel), you certainly didn't feel you'd get stranded in the town.
Claire Wright and her team could not have been more attentive - from finding my sunglasses(left on the bus),looking after my son's wallet (left in the room while we were out),to chasing up the driver for our helicopter trip (well worth doing (as is a day in Chobe)) and even making a dinner reservation for us in another hotel.
The majestic Falls of course never fail to inspire.....
We want to come back !!
Giles T

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Annie T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hebrew first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We took 2 French friends to Vic Falls Safari Club and it was a super experience. The rooms are comfortable, stylish and quiet, the food is fab. But the staff are what singles out this hotel. Lloyd and the rest of the staff were friendly and proactive in making our stay the best it could be. My husband had left one of his medications at home, and, without being asked, Lloyd phoned around pharmacies in Vic Falls until he found one that stocked the right meds. Wow! We'll be back...

Room Tip: All rooms have an angled view of the waterhole and the animals, but it is better to walk up to the m...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank anni w
Goiania, GO
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Great option if you decide for a peaceful spot, with green all over and listening to the birds.
The reception can book excursions if you wish.
Two options of restaurants around, a typical African , that should be visited, and a regular one, in the Lodge next door.
There is a bus every our to take guests to the city.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcelo L
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The best holiday I have had. Totally different to Europe. Your every whim they have it covered. Visit Victoria Falls great. The whole experience fantastic. Claire & all the team at the Lodge thank you for our enjoyable holiday. Hope to see you again.

Room Tip: The Safari Club views over the waterhole. Watch the Elephants come to drink.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Vic Falls Safari Club on Valentine's night and what a way to spend Valentines. To be honest I cannot think of a better way to spend any day never mind Valentines! The staff were not only helpful and polite but efficient and courteous. The rooms were absolutely spectacular and during the late afternoon cocktails and snacks, we were fortunate enough to see a pack of Wild Dogs. We would stay there again today, tomorrow...if we could.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zimbez
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I loved my time at the club!
It was my first time in Zimbabwe and I couldn't have stayed at a better place. The staff are the stars of the show at the Vic falls
Safari club. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. I love it when hotel staff are truly interested in how you are and how tour day went.
The suites themselves are nice and spacious, and it's clear that a lot of thought has gone into their layout. The bathtubs are fantastic and you can never go past a shower like that. Although I did find the shower tiles a bit slippery when wet.
The breakfasts were great and selection was quite varied.
I liked the view of the birds and warthogs from my balcony in a really calm and pleasant atmosphere.
Everyone that stays there has to go to the Boma for dinner. It's a lot of fun and you get your teeth into some tasty local wildlife.
The only problem is that now I'm going to have to wait until I can get back there again :)

• Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Vic falls safari club on our wedding night- amazing place!! Staff were fantastic and so helpful... A definate MUST for anyone travelling to Victoria Falls. I know we will definetly be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple