We had a great stay which we thoroughly enjoyed. Its a great small boutique hotel about 20 mins drive outside of Victoria Falls town. With its location, it comes across as a small safari-lodge, an impression fostered by the reserve and waterhole which regularly attracts elephants, zebra, giraffe, babboons and buffalo - however, note that game rides in the reserve cost extra. Breakfast on the terrace was a treat, with a great range of buffet items, good coffee and hot meals cooked to order. The lodge has a comfy laid-back feel, with bar and lounges to simply pass away the time, and a very nice pool and garden to kick back and watch the wildlife and amazing birds. The theme of the hotel is spruced-up Victorian with numerous nods to modern day requirements - pictures and curios relating to Stanley and Livingstone are everywhere and are in keeping with the theme. Rooms are very spacious suites, with ac, tv and tea and coffee facilities present. Dinners were three course, fixed menu but the quality of the cooking was really very good and always with veggie / fish options available as needed, and some really good value, excellent South African wines to enjoy too. As others have remarked, there is a short drive into town for the attractions of the falls, but the hotel arranges three free round trips per stay, and they are really friendly and helpful when it comes to booking attractions or dinner reservations at other hotels or restaurants in town. This is not really a kids hotel - small ones would probably be a little bit bored, but then I suspect that this is not really the clientele they are looking for...for people looking for a really relaxing break away from the hurly-burly of the falls, then this is a great place to consider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation and the Big Five Minutes from Victoria Falls Home to the "Big Five", The Stanley and Livingstone at the Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve is an attraction in itself. Immerse yourself in the abundant sights of Africa just minutes from the Victoria Falls in all her glory. Here the luxurious Stanley and Livingstone Safari Lodge and intimate Ursula Camp spare no expense. 16 opulently appointed private suites overlook the abundant Reserve - and four intimate chalets offer retreat from daily life, amid green manicured lawns and flowing fountain ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Stanley and Livingstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stanley And Livingstone At Victoria Falls Hotel Victoria Falls
- Stanley Livingstone Hotel