The Stanley and Livingstone
The Victoria Falls Hotel(Victoria Falls)
US$429
US$324
Orbitz.com
US$953
  • Breakfast included
Cresta Sprayview Hotel(Victoria Falls)
US$121
US$116
Hotels.com
US$267
US$245
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$192
US$170
Hotwire.com
Ilala Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$298
US$289
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
US$231
US$211
Hotels.com
US$505
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Batonka Guest Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$316
Travelocity
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$63
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate game reservegame drivesblack rhinowatering holelarge sitting roomcape buffaloclaw foot tubgame driverwatch wildlifegame preservewine cellarseparate showersafari tourelephant ridebeautiful lodgespecial thankswater hole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The surrounding area was very dry in August, and this logde shone like an incredible oasis. The grounds are impeccably landscaped with several ponds and a variety of beautiful trees. It is a stark contrast to the bush that is beyond the fence....
A variety of game come to the watering hole and on my first day, when I was very jet-lagged and tired from the 26 hour trip, I spent several hours sitting out under the trees on a bench overlooking the waterhole. Heaven for an animal-lover like me.
The bugalows are very spacious with a large living area separate from the bedroom. They are setup duplex style, and all have a nice patio with a table and overlook the beautiful grounds, and beyond that the bush. They feel very private, and with only 16 rooms, they cater to all your wants and needs.
The only negative for me was the distance to the Victoria Falls. They have a shuttle 4 times per day to town, or you can take a taxi. I stayed here 4 days, then closer to town for another 4 days, which worked out very well. This was an excellent place to unwind after the long flight.
Their included breakfast buffet is very good, with lots of selections, and you can also order cooked entries. Their set dinner menu offers a couple of selections for each of three courses, and the food was good, but nothing special. Quite pricey too, but for 1 person it is costly to go into town for dinner.
I did the Lion Walk, which is very close by, and also the Chobe day trip, both were excellent.
I am not sure what the current rack rate is, but it was definately much less than the current $372 estimate on trip advisor....

Room Tip: All have great views, rooms away from the lobby/dining area may be a little more isolated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlene_Strong
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We have traveled all over the world. When you look at this hotel's ambiance, local, service etc. it is as fine a hotel and we've ever stayed at. Just visualize sitting on a stone bench, having evening cocktails and watching elephants, giraffes zebras etc. come to a watering hole maybe 100 ft. from you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joel c
Reviewed 20 August 2012

During our 3-week South African tour, we spent 2 nights at Victoria Falls in the Stanley and Livingstone hotel.
15 minutes from the falls and from the uninteresting Victoria Falls town, the hotel is in the bush with water ponds where animals are coming for water. Last morning we had over 50 buffalos, then zebras and impalas in front of us.
The hotel is very very British and the suites are just wonderful.
Food is good but not so exclusive I could read in some comments. But perhaps the best in our 3-week tour.
The service is OK but they are less friendly than people we met in South Africa or in Botswana hotels.
We also noticed that in Zimbabwe, seeking for money (taxes, entree fees…) is everywhere and a bit painful regarding Botswana. Nevertheless, Victoria falls are beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myginza
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The Stanley and Livingstone was the second stop on a tour my wife and I took to South Africa. The rooms were clean and spacious (really a suite). The waterhole outside provided for wildlife viewing and was never the same at any given time of day or time. Baboons and birds were plentiful on the grounds. The food was good. I'm vegan, and they accomodated my requirements. The tour set up a lecture on Stanley and Livingstone. I don't recall the lecturer's name, but he was outstanding! Our only complaint was the airconditioning units which were moderately loud. My wife can sleep through most anything and did for the most part. I'm a light sleeper, and it was a bit of a problem for me. Otherwise, it was a memorable place to visit.

Room Tip: Check out the airconditioning unit prior to accepting a room, if other rooms are available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEP1
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed here two nights while we took a break from the National Parks and visited Victoria Falls. The rooms are clean, well furbished, and very large. The grounds were immaculate and overlook a waterhole. The property sits on several thousand acres where various game have been reintroduced.This isn't a true wildlife experience, but it is fun watching the various game come down to the waterhole to drink. It is a good base for exploring the falls and visiting the town, and I recommend it for those who want to stay at a quiet place. The rooms are a good value.

The breakfast was good and is included with the room. We ate lunch there once ($16 per person) and I was disappointed. Dinner was OK, but for $40/person, I recommend eating in town. They try to push the meals on you, and they also soft sell all their activities, which I think are way overpriced. The downside of this place is their pushing of in house meals and activities, which is why I gave it only 4 out of 5.

Mike