The Stanley and Livingstone
The Victoria Falls Hotel(Victoria Falls)
US$430
US$324
  • Breakfast included
The Elephant Camp(Victoria Falls)
US$1,154
Ilala Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$298
US$289
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
US$234
US$169
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
  • Pool
US$953
  • Breakfast included
Cresta Sprayview Hotel(Victoria Falls)
US$122
US$116
US$274
US$245
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
US$231
US$223
Travelocity
US$505
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate game reservegame drivesblack rhinowatering holelarge sitting roomcape buffaloclaw foot tubgame driverwatch wildlifegame preservewine cellarseparate showersafari tourelephant ridebeautiful lodgespecial thankswater hole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Absolutely breath-taking! My husband and I loved this elegant hotel. I felt like I was in a fairy tale.
The suites were decadent and the facility was immaculate. Royal Dalton tea cups in our living room were just one of the special touches that made out stay feel so luxurious. The villas are beautifully appointed and the staff was very attentive.

I swam each day we were there (very few guest took advantage of the pool) and felt like I had my own private staff. Tomas cleaned the pool of leaves when he saw me headed in that direction,.. he was magical, he anticipated that I was going for a swim. And someone always came right down to see if I need a Gin & Tonic for after my swim. Very, very attentive.

Loved seeing the Black Rhinos up close and personal, and having tea out in the bush on safari was delightful!

I would love to spend another week here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathleenKeller
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just got back from an African adventure and the Stanley and Livingstone at Victoria Falls was m favorite place by far. I had the chance to go on several safaris, and the staff was great. My room was luxurious (massive claw foot tub was amazing) and the staff very attentive. Great stay, it's on my short list to return to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisambuchanan
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed for 3 days in September after being in Cape Town and on Safari.

What I liked: The room (actually it was a suite) was very large. You could see animals from the patio. Staff was friendly.

What I didn't like: The room didn't get cleaned until early evening (which is a little strange because there weren't very many guests. We called for bottled water and ice and it took an hour (I actually had to ask for a manager because I was getting upset that I had to call three times and everyone seemed to be in a fog.) I think what upset me more was that when it was finally delivered, a manager stopped by to apologize and told me he wouldn't charge for the water - which they don't charge for anyway. The hotel is 20 minutes from town and they do provide transportation but only until 7pm. So if you want to go out for the evening, you
need to add $45 for a taxi. Finally, and I realized this too late - I think they offer safari game drives. However, they never mentioned that when we arrived and I never heard anyone let you know that it was available.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad hotel. However, they are charging 5 star prices but not delivering 5 star service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brencara
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place was beautiful, clean and located in an ideal setting! I would highly recommend staying here on your next visit to the Falls! Only a small number of guests are allowed to stay due to the property size. This makes it a very intimate setting, to say the least...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank flyer5963
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nick Lowe ( nick@raniresorts.com) worked well introducing myself and my cousin to this never to be forgotten holiday destination. The only negative we have is that this will now be the standard to which we compare all future stays and Nick, for your information, that will be a challenge!

From the moment we arrived at Livingstone airport our every need was catered to in the most pleasant and professional manner. First to greet us was Munya and staff who proffered hand towels for refreshing ourselves after the journey. At the S n L reception Munya was efficient warm and welcoming, Felix similarly on our first meeting asked a few leading questions in conversation to find out what we would like to see and do during our stay and before we knew it he was back with our itinerary including all bookings and transfers from the S n L to and from each activity.

Our suite was the size of a small apartment, tastefully furnished with all details considered for the comfort and convenience of guests. Each room was cleaned to an immaculate standard, how and when i don't know because we never even saw the staff!! Cleaning as with everything else at the S n L happened seamlessly and efficiently. A quality dressing gown, (wonderfully soft) and slippers awaits guests and every lotion and potion one could desire during a stay is provided including sunscreen. I didn't even need my adapters for charging my iPad or phone, sockets to suit international plugs are provided and working WiFi which is always appreciated. Unseen night staff turned down the beds which were extremely comfortable and dressed with high quality snow white cotton sheets laundered to perfection. The chocolate on each was a nice touch too! Furnishings carpets and fixtures were all impeccably presented with no signs anywhere of any previous use, remarkable for a lodge with such numbers visiting.

We ate scrumptious meals at the S n L. At both the first evening's Braai and our breakfasts the choice and quality of food was excellent. All staff at all times were pleasant, attentive professional and a pleasure to meet. Guides whom we met on our activities were knowledgeable and pleasant company.

Our slice of heaven had to have been sitting on our own private porch area, undisturbed view to the waterhole and beyond to the distant horizon with not a sound to be heard other than the scrunching of dry grass underfoot by animals such as Impala, Zebra, Buffalo, Baboons, Kudu and more who roamed freely in the Private Game Reserve each day and marveling on the famous red sky African sunset each evening.

We truly cannot recommend highly enough this location and specifically the Stanley & Livingstone Private Game Reserve accommodation. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite number 15, a twin bedded lodge however i would be happy to recommend ANY Suite up to and including the Honeymoon Suite which has a Jacuzzi on their porch from which there is (as from all suites) a private and uninterrupted view to the waterhole.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends