“Good but expensive ”
Review of Esplanada Grill

Esplanada Grill
Ranked #10 of 164 Restaurants in Luanda
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Il posizionamento sulla mappa è approssimativo-8° 46' 25.88", +13° 14' 54.98"
“Good but expensive ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with work on a number occasions. Great food and the meal doesn't stop comin but be prepared to pay at 120 a head..

“What Changed??”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

First of all, the reason why I wasn't a big fan of the Esplanada Grill before, it's because I only have gone to the indoor part of the restaurant which is a Buffet where you pay a price and you can eat whatever you want.
The idea sounds appealing but unfortunately, like many other Buffet style restaurants in Luanda, the price is too high and the food is not that rewarding.

So why did I return there?

Well the reason is quite simple, I have three kids... and the Esplanada Grill has lots of space outside for them to play, including swings, slides and other amusements for children. Those of you with children, understand how important this is: To be able to relax and enjoy a little chat with your other half, while waiting for your food to arrive without being interrupted every 10 seconds...

So, to keep an eye on them while they enjoyed the sun and the company of other children in the park, we ordered outside, on the esplanade. And the menu there, is totally different from the indoors Buffet.

We started with really good Red wine "Sangria": fresh, fruity, home made, none of that processed sludge we find everywhere now.
To eat, I had Curry Prawns. It was delicious... The curry wasn't too spicy, but it was still flavourful and the prawns where huge and cooked to perfection.
I loved it!!
Joana had the Shrimp Risotto. It was very good too.
Same as mine: great flavour with big, perfectly cooked, crunchy Shrimps.
Her words: "Better than the one I had in Florence, Italy"
And to finish this great meal, what better than a good strong black coffee and a "Licor Beirão" sweet Portuguese Liquor based on anise.

As for the kids, they also enjoyed their Pizza...

So to conclude, I must say that yesterday's experience completely changed my opinion about the Explanada Grill Restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
“A night that ended quite bizarrely”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After paying almost 1000USD(998 000.00KWZ) for our party we were shocked to be accosted by two staff members, when we were already driving away, on account of not having settled our bill. The money had been counted three times and we had our receipt. Initially, they claimed we owed them 2000KWZ, then it was 4000KWZ and suddenly it changed to 13000KWZ. That it was way after 11pm and we still needed to drive back to our hotel did not concern them, they were sure we owed them this amount of money that kept on changing. Reluctantly, we agreed to count the money AGAIN and it turned out we did not owe them anything. You would expect some sort of an apology or an offer to pay our taxi for the 15 minutes wasted on this drama created by the restaurant management. Nada! Most rubbish and expensive dining experience ever, spent on a dry and tasteless buffet (6 500KWZ) only made bearable by the wonderful and warm waiters who kept on bringing us delicious grilled meat.

Visited April 2014
“Great Brazilian restaurant”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It is such an incredible restaurant. Us, brazilians, that are living in Luanda really have a little bit of our culture there. This restaurant has great typical food and really good quality. I have been there many times and I really cannot wait to go once more. The food i amazing, it is located in Ilha de Luanda right in front of the ocean. For the kids, there is a playground and it is totally safe if there is an adult watching. Don't miss out the opportunity of going there.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BiaMiranda_2013
“What Changed??”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

So why did I return there?

I loved it!!
Joana had the Shrimp Risotto. It was very good too.
Same as mine: great flavour with big, perfectly cooked, crunchy Shrimps.
Her words: "Better than the one I had in Florence, Italy"

As for the kids, they also enjoyed their Pizza...

• Visited November 2013