“Just ok”

Esplanada Grill
Ranked #14 of 176 Restaurants in Luanda
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Il posizionamento sulla mappa è approssimativo-8° 46' 25.88", +13° 14' 54.98"
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

There's a huge amount of hype on this restaurant and it doesn't really meet expectations. The restaurant is beautiful and the setting is great it's a "family@ type of place. The food was good but not amazing. The service was ok. It's expensive and there are better options in the city not far from where this one is located so I wouldn't recommend or revisit.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Well.. had a dinner here with colleagues... Overall good dinner, and really tasty food.

Ordered for irish cream, and wasn't served in my presence, which is not best practice..

Food a bit more pricey than normal as I gathered from my Angolan colleagues.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had heard some good things about this Brazilian style buffet, so decided to check it out. It was just ok. The salad buffet was fine. There wasn't that much of a variety though. The meat, well same thing actually. They had maybe four different meats that they brought around. One was pretty good and the others were ok. I probably won't be back unless I decide to give the a la carte menu outside a try.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with work on a number occasions. Great food and the meal doesn't stop comin but be prepared to pay at 120 a head..

Reviewed 2 June 2014

First of all, the reason why I wasn't a big fan of the Esplanada Grill before, it's because I only have gone to the indoor part of the restaurant which is a Buffet where you pay a price and you can eat whatever you want.
The idea sounds appealing but unfortunately, like many other Buffet style restaurants in Luanda, the price is too high and the food is not that rewarding.

So why did I return there?

Well the reason is quite simple, I have three kids... and the Esplanada Grill has lots of space outside for them to play, including swings, slides and other amusements for children. Those of you with children, understand how important this is: To be able to relax and enjoy a little chat with your other half, while waiting for your food to arrive without being interrupted every 10 seconds...

So, to keep an eye on them while they enjoyed the sun and the company of other children in the park, we ordered outside, on the esplanade. And the menu there, is totally different from the indoors Buffet.

We started with really good Red wine "Sangria": fresh, fruity, home made, none of that processed sludge we find everywhere now.
To eat, I had Curry Prawns. It was delicious... The curry wasn't too spicy, but it was still flavourful and the prawns where huge and cooked to perfection.
I loved it!!
Joana had the Shrimp Risotto. It was very good too.
Same as mine: great flavour with big, perfectly cooked, crunchy Shrimps.
Her words: "Better than the one I had in Florence, Italy"
And to finish this great meal, what better than a good strong black coffee and a "Licor Beirão" sweet Portuguese Liquor based on anise.

As for the kids, they also enjoyed their Pizza...

So to conclude, I must say that yesterday's experience completely changed my opinion about the Explanada Grill Restaurant.