“Good, fresh seafood in a simple local eatery”

Continha de Tia Guida
Ranked #54 of 164 Restaurants in Luanda
Cuisines: Seafood
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good, fresh seafood in a simple local eatery”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Tia Guida is not a business-traveler's / expense account kind of place, but it's got good, fresh seafood, a friendly atmosphere, and MUCH more reasonable prices than most of the other Luanda restaurants on TripAdvisor. Granted, it's not a sleek, modern place with marble floors -- instead, we're talking about concrete floors and battered wooden tables. I ate at Tia Guida's twice during my recent trip to Luanda, and will definitely go back when I return. I rated it at four stars because it represents an excellent value (especially in Luanda) -- heaping seafood platters to feed four hungry men, along with drinks and extras, set me back about $20 per person. Compared to the $80 - $100 a similar meal would have cost back at my hotel, I'll take Tia Guida any day. You'll get to see the seafood before it's cooked, select what you'd like, and minutes later it'll be perfectly grilled on the platter in front of you. Again, this is NOT a fancy place -- in fact, it's a dive. But if you like down-home dives, you'll love Tia Guida.

• Visited November 2012