“Badly located, new and not too friendly”
Review of Masa Square Hotel

Masa Square Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The hotel is big, located in the middle of nowhere. A few cranes in the nearby show the neighborhood is still growing. The rooms are pretty new, big and spacious. We even got a free airport -hotel ride. Had some trouble though with the staff. Instead of having tons of them fidgetting nonsenselss around, it'd be better if you just had a few well prepared. Lights kept coming out and part of the hotel was in total darkness. They do have their own electric supply but it's right below the swimming pool, so in case you wanted to enjoy a night bath, be sure the soundtrack would be pretty unbearable. Avoid rooms facing north. Good for business. The hotel is locate in a mall with not many shops but a movie theatre showing a few blockbusters.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review the hotel. I am sorry to read of some of our shortfalls and of course the (citywide) power cuts do not add great pleasure to anyone's stay.
We take your comments seriously though and the team and I will work on any improvements we can. Every day brings new challenges and improvements. I do hope you will be back.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

What a lovely place to stay....had a bit of a nightmare finding the place as directions are a little misleading (satnav was also confused!) But once we recovered from that drama (it had been a long trip!) it was delightful. We booked online a couple of hours before we arrived which didn't cause any problems at all. The room was beautiful - shame there was no balcony, but never mind. Really clean, new, lovely. Really nice outside area on the roof, bar not set up there, but still a lovely location to watch the sun set. Had a meal downstairs, outside (not hotel restaurant) lovely, really nice chilled atmosphere, music, chatting, pleasant evening. I think this area is certainly up and coming and looks like development will continue. Breakfast was a great selection, service was excellent, staff were the most friendly we experienced anywhere on the trip. Well done. Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review - I am, we are, so thrilled you had a good time - bar the directions which are always a challenge in this town. Do come again soon

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Great hotel in the new CBD. The hotel has a modern setup and the rooms are spacious, neat and very tidy. Staff friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is the standard fare of good quality, Cappuccino's are excellent!

The hotel provides free Wi-Fi and haven't had any issues with using the service. It's not the quickest, but adequate enough to respond to emails and do some browsing.

While there are numerous restaurants in the square adjacent to the hotel, I can not recommend any of them including the hotel's coffee bar. All meals at the various venues to date have been disappointing, and drinks are expensive compared to other venues in Gaborone. The result is that for dinners we travelled elsewhere in Gabs to get a decent meal. The only negative for me so far.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Croixant
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your generally positive review - I am so pleased you like the place. Very sorry you could not find somewhere to eat which thrilled you though. We have new menus coming soon across the hotel, in La Touche de Provence and Espretto as well as our pool deck bar opening soon. If we cannot tantalise your tastebuds next time you come I will eat my hat.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed at the Lansmore for 10 nights on a business trip during March 2013. The hotel is conveniently located near the central business district and the complimentary airport pickup/drop service is efficiently managed by friendly chauffeurs. Being a new hotel, the rooms have spacious modern designs with well-appointed amenities like tea/coffee maker, mini bar, hair dryer, electronic safe, etc. The Wi-Fi internet is fast and works like a charm from the rooms – had excellent connectivity during the period of my stay.

The breakfast buffet was above average with a huge continental spread. The hotel management has thoughtfully put up in-room breakfast menu cards with the option to get breakfast served in the room when you are in a hurry. A couple of times, I ordered a la carte dinner – the room service was a tad bit slow on one of the occasions but the food was wonderful and the portions were large.

The staff is well-trained, friendly, efficient and attentive. During my stay, I met with a small accident and bruised one of my arms badly; upon contacting the front-desk for first aid help, the assistance was prompt with all the right kind of first-aid dressings.

Overall, a very good hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nilanjan74
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your kind review - I am sorry room service was not faster - every day is a new challenge to improve. I do hope your arm is mending well

kind regards

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great reception staff and very quick to assist with any issues. The hotel is very new and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. In time the entire square may be fully let, then this place would buzz with activity. Food at the buffet was above average. All that was missing was a lounge where one could enjoy drinks in comfort. The coffee shop Espretto was functional but not ideal for business conversation and pre-dinner drinks. The hotel is ideally situated for business with multiple companies as this area is a fast developing CBD and most places are close by. transport to and from the airport was punctual, efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review -I am sorry you did not sleep better though. I have noted your remarks about a quiet place for a meeting - please just ask next time - If our coffee shop, Espretto, is too noisy we can often find you a quiet meeting room for a while.
I do hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have stayed at Lansmore on and off for over a year. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are always immaculate. The coffee stations in the rooms have filter coffee from espretto and delicious cookies. For a business trip to Gaborone, this is an ideal location. However this is quite expensive and the breakfast although lovely were also very expensive and not included in the room rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review - I am pleased you seem to like the place - do get in touch though as all our room rates except one or two specially negotiated ones include breakfast. (as well as free WIFI, tomorrow's shirt pressing, VAT etc)

I hope to hear from you - if you have paid for breakfast you should not have I will refund you !

Reviewed 1 May 2013

In my recent trip to Bots, I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. Enjoyed my Stay, the club room was big specious, its a new hotel so you feel good to see everything new. Breakfast was reasonable too, staff was good. I especially enjoyed the hotels at the back side of the hotel. Most of the days they were busy so it was a good place for daily dinner. The taxi service from the hotel can improve though as sometimes it was not available straight away. Other rest was good.

Room Tip: Take Club room, the standard room is smallish.