“Lanmore Customer service”
Review of Masa Square Hotel

Masa Square Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel ecstatic are very good. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is professional and very polite.Management that supervises those behind the counter needs some improvement. Their customer service is wanting. They need to adopt the personal touch when dealing with their customers and not treat them like a sale.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review on your recent stay. I am disappointed you were not charmed by all you met amongst the team though I thank you for your feedback nonetheless.
I do hope you will be back

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel lacks the charm of the Gaborone Sun but is welcome to have access to a more modern room. Quality of breakfast and room is that of a 3 star but in Gaborone it feels a bit higher. Would probably return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your largely positive feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry if breakfast disappointed you somewhat - we are always looking for ways to improve and take your feedback firmly on the chin.

I hope you will be back to see some improvements and please tell me personally if you do not

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Bu bizcation I mean the Lansmore fits into a new category of hotel that is not quite all business and not quite all vacanation...it caters very well to both categories of traveller. This is a new hotel in the city and built around a small square with shops and restuarants and bars which gives guests a good varierty of entertainment within a short walk. Free wifi is always a plus. Rooms are small but very well appointed with good quality linen, bedding and amenities. The mini-bar fridge was exteremely noisy but that switching it off did the trick so a minor issue. Room servive menu changes but is limited. definately worth a stay...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Rupert E, Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your kind feed back after your recent stay. I am so pleased that in the main your enjoyed your time with us; though my apologies for the noisy minibar!
Please come again soon

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have recently returned from a three night stay at the Lansmore Masa Square.

Having heard from several colleagues that accommodation in Gaborone is not typically too great, I was very satisfied with my stay.

The staff were exceptionally friendly (even the security staff). The room was spacious and clean and as such cannot find anything to complain about for the duration of my time in the hotel.

Having read previous reviews stating that Wi-Fi access was not good, I can state that I had no problem connecting and as such assume that any problems that were previously being experienced have been rectified.

If I had to return to Gaborone, I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your kind review - I am so pleased you had a good time - since you stayed we have upgraded our WIFI again to 10MB during the day (Very fast for Gaborone) and 20MB in the evenings. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

New hotel (celebrated its 1 year anniversary while I was there) in the business district. Staff is extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. There was not a single request I had that was not met with a smile. Rooms are large and well appointed. When I arrived, the safe was not working, but was fixed in no more than 20 minutes. My team had delays both on arrival and on departure, yet the front desk was unfazed and all changes were handled with minimum fuss. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as concierge services (we arranged a great trip to Mokolodi with their help). Breakfast was a great spread, but even so, extra requests were accommodated without a single question.
On the down side: there is construction going on the south-east side, so rooms there are bound to be more noisy. Work starts at 7 AM and ends at 5 PM, so be aware of this, if you like to sleep late. (On the upside, they are moving so quickly, they will probably be done in a couple of months, and you will have another shopping center handy). The other thing is distance from anything else in the city - a vehicle is a must when staying there.
All things considered, it was however a great experience, and a hotel where I'd return anytime.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the SE side while construction of the new mall is underway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your full and detailed review - we are collectively thrilled you had a good time.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Lansmore is a new big business hotel in the new CBD of Gaborone. I found the staff very friendly and tentative.

Mixed feelings given….

Negatives:
The guest public spaces such as the lobby, big restaurant and the Espresso do need some attention. In “attention” I do not refer to maintenance but in the decor and design as these generally do have much of ambience. This creates the impression that the finer touches were skipped and rushed to get Hotel opened.

The Espresso restaurant that's on the Centre's square is very Spartan and feels more like a Corporate Canteen with bright lights etc. Being away from home on business and not wanting to go search for restaurants each night, the Hotel can do a lot better than this to create a comfortable and relaxing restaurant to have a nice meal. In short it needs rounding lacks ambience (also the lobby/ lounge).

The Business Centre in the Lobby is not clever, no privacy with only one desk. I would really expect more from a Business Centre.

Positives:
The service is great. The Staff is great, very friendly and attentive from right trough from the doormen / bellboy to reception and restaurant.

I ordered take away cappuccino on the first morning at breakfast. When I turned up for breakfast on day 2 and 3 they remembered and enquired if I would like the same.

The fitness centre is great for a Hotel facility.

I have shared my views on feedback to the GM.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you (again) for your feedback and honest opinion - I am sorry you do not like the decor - I grant you that minimalist would describe it accurately but the smooth lines and lack of clutter which blight some hotels are meant to create a sense of a reduction of pace and space.

I am pleased that you found the team to be helpful and take care or you. Whilst the decor was not within our control, service is.

Do come back soon

With warm regards

Rupert

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I booked the Lansmore on the recommendation of a local business contact as it was new and in the CBD. Previously, I have stayed at the other major hotels in Gaborone and was willing to give it a try and that it has top billing on Tripadvisor. Yes it's new and in the CBD which is pretty much nowhere near where you want to do business in the city. Yes with any new hotel there are teething troubles as seen from other reviews, but be under no illusion there are still niggling little problems that need fixing. Perhaps I was unlucky, but the free shuttle which is the same service offered as the other hotels was not there to meet me after previously providing flight arrival details and which caused a 25 minute wait, check-in was ok, but please stop asking inane questions all I want is my room, almost lost my yellow fever vaccination certificate carelessly left on a photocopier by the check-in staff. I was given a room key in the key wallet which on arrival at the room wouldn't open the door. The bell boy went to investigate to find out the problem. It appeared that the room key and key wallet were different. Lets have some vigilance! The room was ready but the safe deposit box didn't work and required an engineer to fix and reset it causing further delay to my plans. Turn down service had no shower gel or shampoo which appeared to be a source of hilarity when requested and be told the order hadn't come! A call to reception appeared to secure some and perhaps some effort in coordination would be in order. Internet is WiFi and free if you can get it to work in the rooms. It worked okay in the restaurant but no where else for me. All relatively minor issues (without going into what was available and not available on the restaurant menu), but after a stressful morning and flight they take on a major irritation. In compensation I was offered dinner as a gesture. The rooms were large and new as expected at least the club rooms were, but are lacking in any character as are the public areas. In the rooms get rid of the depressingly dreadful wall pictures. The bed was a good size and provided a decent nights sleep. Flat screen TV but limited number of channels. The bathroom was a good size with bath tub and walk-in shower, but again very spartan. Storage space was good and when working the safe box was large enough to take the biggest laptop! Restaurant was ok but the constant crashing of the exit door to the square was annoying and draughty. Didn't look at the gym or pool so can't comment. Breakfast was okay with helpful and attentive staff with a fair choice of dishes as well as an egg station. There is nowhere to sit in the enormous entrance foyer apart from a sofa and a few chairs by the door. I would stay there again and recommend the Lansmore for a short business stay provided they ironed out the simple issues and put in place a business centre rather than a PC and printer in a corner. Overall it could be better otherwise it will be just like the other hotels but more modern.

• Stayed: June 2013
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Lansmore - whilst there are some plus points I cannot ignore the varied and infuriating hurdles to a brilliant stay that you encountered. I can only apologise at this stage - I so wish you had been in contact whilst in the hotel where I could have been more use!
You have mentioned some very interesting issues which I have addressed with my team. Please make yourself known to me if and when you return. I would welcome the opportunity to make amends to you.
With renewed apologies