Masa Square Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$183
US$123
Travelocity
Travelodge(Gaborone)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclub roomlansmore hotelbusiness districtrooftop barthird floorhotel is moderncoffee shopbusiness hotelroom servicebreakfast buffetreception staffbusiness triprooms are largestandard roomairport shuttleenjoyed my staygaborone sun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this modern comfortable hotel. Some rooms have small windows, but all are spacious and well-equipped. The hotel appears to be new, part of a small self-contained office/retail complex.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback - I am so pleased you had a good time with us - please come again soon

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here only a night after an international flight and I found the atmosphere warm and gentle. The furniture is elegant and complete, full of optional. The bathroom is clean, well-furnished. The reception is ready and gentle. I tasted also the restaurant where I chose refined dishes at an economical price. The only problem are the pubs in Masa Square, noisy and disturbing if you have the chance to stay in a room in front of the square

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the pubs in Masa Square!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review - I am so pleased you had a good time . I am sorry you were disturbed the vibrant piazza that is Masa Square - we shall make sure you have a room in a quite location next time you come - I hope this will be soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

There's a little, simple spa in the shopping area attached to the hotel. Tendai is fantastic masseuse. Petite woman and packs a punch (I had a deep tissue massage and feel like a million bucks).

This is a normal massage, folks -- no double entendre here, pls.

Hotel itself is modern, well equipped. Lots of natural light in rooms, modern furniture, decent amount of international plugs. Good work space for business travelers. Decent gym. GREAT service at the restaurant and by management -- very customer service oriented. All staff very friendly.
Bathrooms have a design flaw and there is water flooding onto the floor when you take a shower, they need to fix this in all rooms/ renovate. Wifi is good comparable to other hotels but it's not great throughout the country.

Room Tip: On Fridays and Saturdays this place is hopping with a bar and three restaurants that have the city's hip and trendy mingling. If you want to party, this is a good place. If you want quiet, make sure to ask for a high room away from the noise.
2  Thank like_good_hotels_8

Thank you for your kind review - I have passed on your comments about your massage and I am sure Tendai will be thrilled. I am especially pleased that you found the hotel team warm and friendly - thank you. Please come again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have been here for two weeks and will be here for about three more weeks for work. The staff are all awesome. My room is always clean when I am done working with a couple bottles of water every day.The breakfast is great, with a hood variety of food. The Absolute bar on the third floor is a great place to hang out for a drink. Even the gym on the third floor is always clean. The lunch and dinner menu is good with reasonable prices. The only negative I can think of us that the laundry service is very expensive and if you are a light sleeper you may not want a room overlooking the courtyard area. But it seems the sound travels through the outside walls easily no matter what room you have. All in all I love staying here.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want to bring ear plugs if your room is facing the courtyard or the main street.
1  Thank Bill K
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Another wonderful review - thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post it - I hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel wifi is weak, often very congested, and since it's unsecured (anyone can login), your computer is visible to other guests using wifi. Absolute security nightmare. Do not conduct business here if at all possible. Ethernet ports in rooms do not work.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JKV_R
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I am sorry to read your review on our wifi system - that you found it congested is a bore and unusual though I apologise nonetheless. We have the fastest and only completely free wifi in the city. We have trialled the avoidance of passwords for no other reason that to make life easier for our guests in house.

There is no question that you can be hacked or your work or communications seen by other users (though with some effort you can 'find' other users) whilst you are on line. My only wish was that as this caused concern for you during your six night stay you had mentioned it to me or one of the team. It is only with feedback from our guests that we can improve and adapt.

With apologies for your concerns