“Chic, upmarket and exceptional service”
Review of Masa Square Hotel

Masa Square Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed there from 12 March to 26 April 2014.

Friendly staff and management remembered my name!

Enjoyed my stay hugely, other than 2 x faulty fire alarms!!

Well situated for business in CBD and industrial areas in Gaborone. The square offers a variety of good restaurants to eat at in the evenings. Breakfasts are good, with good choice.

WiFi is mixed, depending on your room position.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does NOT overlook the square.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnGH_1960
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Many thanks for your kind review - I am particularly pleased you found the service better than the other offerings in town. Please come again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is one of the better business hotels in Gaborone . The service levels are however better than the rest and a number of the staff really try hard.

Our private functions were also prepared with a extra touch.

I recommend the stay for business purposes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind review - I am so pleased we pleased you. Please come again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed twice.

The immediate impressions are very good.

However whilst the rooms are modern in appearance they have been fitted out cheaply and are showing signs of ageing far more than you would expect in a new hotel.

The wifi is also at best mixed.

For me not the best experience in Gaborone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David H

I am very sorry to see your review and especially that you found your room tired. I am pleased to report that our WIFI has been much improved since you stayed still offering the fastest and only completely free service in town.
Please let me know when you next plan to come to Gaborone and I will handle your reservation personally.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay overall. I found the staff helpful, friendly and hospitable. Would recommended it for business and leisure travel. On site gym and restaurant highly convenient. The hotel is also close to other areas of business which makes it easy for a first time traveller to the country.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind and helpful review - I am so pleased you liked the place and Gaborone in general. I hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I checked in about an hour ago. Having read other reviews on here, after check in I asked for a quiet room. I was told the room I was given was only noisy on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday and I would be able to move later in the week. Now who wants to have to do that? I demanded a quiet room for the duration of my stay and was given a room on the second floor. The catalog of complaints started, the water in the taps is lukewarm, the wifi touch and go, they make reference to a bath robe on the shower door cause there is no guest services manual, the bath robe is not there. The water in the bath is backing up. After three calls to services and one to reception the maintenance guy is in there with a plunger,the floor will undoubtedly be wet by the time he is done oh and room change? Not tonight I am told!!! That's hour one of a six night stay! It's definitely going to be a long week. I am not even gonna comment on the drab decor and chipping paint.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Septembermummy
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I am so sad to see your review and can only now hope that your stay improved after a more than disappointing first hour. We have looked and looked to try to find Duty Manager reports of your grievances but alas can find none. Please do get in touch with me personally. I would very much like to know more and to make amends to you. My email is rupert@lansmorems.com and my direct line +267 7657 5293. I genuinely welcome all feedback however unpleasant to read sometimes. Please do get in touch with me.
Kind regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I cannot start explaining how much I enjoy the stay at Lansmore Masa Square!

They provide everything and more a 5 Star hotel should! I have been there in May, and went back in June, and have decided to make them my official Accommodation for myself, and my Company when ever I need to send them to Botswana!

Excellent and Friendly Service, Awesome Food, The best rooms I have seen in Botswana (Been to a few places before) and feels like home!

and if you want to have some fun, then you just jump up to the 3rd floor and there you have entertainment! And of all the venues to go out at night, I believe they import the DJ's now from SA??? #Awesome

Thanks for going out of your guys way to keep your customers happy! and you surely get them to come back for more!

Best Regards
Dean Gilau
C.E.O of Beep Technologies CC

Room Tip: ROOM 217!!!!!! Suite with Balcony and Pillows are from another planet keeping you rested out!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

What a thrill to read your review - thank you so much. I am so pleased you enjoyed the Absolut bar - we are extending it in September on the back of the launch of Absolut's new Elyx vodka - We shall see you back soon I hope.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The best service with a smile. Awesome entrainment at ABSOLUT at night on weekends. Fully functional gym and a breakfast buffet to die for. When in Botswana no other place like it. My home away from home.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind review - we are all delighted you liked the place - we look forward to welcoming you 'home' soon.