“Good service, good food”
Review of Cafe Portugalia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Portugalia
Ranked #40 of 111 Restaurants in Gaborone
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Every time I've been there the service has been the best thing. Always welcoming, friendly, the right level of attentiveness. The food's good for brunch or lunch, I haven't been there in the evening. Don't be put off by the awful local right next to a car park and by the entrance to Game City Shopping Center, it's not intrusive once you're inside.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten having loved for over twenty years in Gaoborne. The starter was spiced sausage brought to the table on a flaming plate. I discovered that the flames were methylated spirits which ought never to be used and made me feel physically sick. The steak was tough, badly cut, full of sinew and closer to incinerated than medium rare as ordered. The waiter, when one could attract his attention was clueless and the manager(s), who were sitting with friends at an adjacent table, couldn't have cared less that there was a highly disgruntled customer next to him. I wold never go back there or recommend anyone esle to do so.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Ive eaten here a few times and have always enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. Its also good value and has a good seafood selection. The outdorr seating area is better than most and is slightly shielded from the carpark (most places you feel like you are sitting in the carpark)

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I visit two times and had the sea food platter and it was ok. The third time I visited was really awful. The fish was extremely salty. The kitchen tried to prepare the dish again, but my guess was the fish was pre soaked in salt before cooking. It was inedible. Better go to Rodrizo is my recommendation......

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Fantastic tasty dishes, great prices, and the management staff is wonderful. I love everything I eat here, but my favorites include the grilled calamari, the kingclip, the peri peri chicken, the giblets and the cataplana. One of the best dining options if you are eating out in Gabs!

1  Thank travelfans_7182