“Good value for money”

Peermont Mondior Gaborone
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Gaborone
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I normally stay here for business. It good value for money and the service - VERY GOOD. I highly recommend this hotel. I stayed here more than 8 times and my last visit was a a total of 9 nights.I wish they had a fitness centre however my ovarall stay was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lulu R
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for supporting the Mondior Gaborone and for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive recognition from our guests and I will most definitely share your comments with our team. Please do let us know when you are back in Gaborone again so that we may assist to secure preferential day tariffs at a close by gym for you.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Johannesburg
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a great hotel, which I stay in often. The reception staff are by far the friendliest in any Hotel. The rooms are also great and spacious, with a small kitchenette and fridge.
However News Café seems to have gone into a full conferencing mode, whereby they take over the whole inside area and then the hotel guests are forced to sit outside. We were even asked during breakfast to move outside as the conference guests were about to arrive !!!
They really need to do something about this soon, as it is ruining the entire Hotel experience, and will make me consider staying at other resorts in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KTMFAN
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for supporting the Mondior Gaborone and for taking the time share your valuable review following your recent stay. I was so pleased to read your comments about our reception team. I have carefully read and noted your comments about the News Cafe. The experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service the News Cafe team provide and we apologize that you were asked to dine outside. Your feedback was shared with our team and we look forward to an opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here for the third or 4th time and I really liked the hotel even more this time than at any other time. The staff is very friendly and the room s are just so nice spacious and comfortable. Its juts a pity that the Wi-Fi is limited but this is more a function of the country than the hotel.

My earlier stays were nice, but it looks like the staff is settled and the service is so much better. If you are driving into Gabs from South Africa, the hotel is also easy to find.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre or pool, which would have been great, but I will stay here anytime. it w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Magatho M
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for supporting Mondior Gaborone and for taking the time to post a review of our property. On behalf of all the management and employees at Mondior Gaborone we would like to thank you sincerely for your kind comments. These will be shared with our team so that we may use this opportunity to praise our employees and create a positive awareness of caring guests.

We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This my first time in Gaborone and Botswana and I selected this hotel based on reviews and price. The room was clean and quiet overall, and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant that shares the parking had good food, a reasonable selection, and great service. I would stay again. My only complaint is the Internet service which is fairly slow and expensive. I need access for work and being limited to a single computer was limiting as well. To be fair they have a letter in the room explaining the Internet limitations. In the end I was able to get what I needed done but slowly...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kim H
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of our hotel. I am happy to report that we have since increased our bandwidth and fitted additional Wi-Fi routers to provide a faster service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in July which must be the perfect time to visit Gaborone as the weather is a pleasant 18 degrees for much of the day though a bit chilly in the evening as it is, of course, winter there. I made the booking for me and my colleague online and as promised the driver was there at the airport just to receive the two of us. Upon arrival the check in was swift and convenient though the room rate had gone up from 770 Pula (around 90 USD) to 1145 Pula (135 USD) since our reservation is for a lazy Sunday and rates go up for weekdays. The hotel, we are informed, is located near the centre of town although it is not possible to know that as the only restaurant around is the news cafe located in the same compound. Room rates do not include breakfast so we had to take all our meals at the news cafe which is not bad at all though you can definitely grow tired of it if you happen to be staying for long. We were there only for three nights and didn’t mind it much.
The standard rooms that we booked were actually a pleasant surprise as it contains a spacious living room and a small separate bedroom with its own small TV set and a writing desk. The bathroom was also spacious and neat. The balcony however is not properly maintained so you will probably not want to open the curtains and enjoy what would have otherwise been a nice view.
The service is also as good as the rest. The ironing board and iron I asked was promptly delivered and they have also replaced the defective kettle although the lady who replaced it could have been more courteous. Guests are entitled to one hour free internet voucher every day, which is enough to check your e mail and even do some browsing given the relatively good speed. If you are the internet fanatic you may buy more vouchers or even better ask for free password when you dine at the news cafe. So overall this is a superb place though probably a bit pricy for a small city as Gaborone. Would I stay here again? Most definitely especially if I am staying for short periods.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MGH2011
Dear reviewer,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of our property. I am truly thrilled that you indicated that you would stay with us again. Your comments regarding the balcony maintenance and courteousness of our housekeeping employees are well noted. Please do let us know when you are back in Gaborone again.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed for two nights and was very impressed overall. As a first time visitor, I arrived a couple of hours early and although very busy (large conference in town) I was able to check in early and may have actually received a room upgrade? Very large room, well set uppity good facilities and friendly helpful staff. Bar/Restaurant attached offered good food and service, nice and close to the Riverwalk shopping centre which is a bonus.

Would happily stay again and recommend to others if they are prepared o spend a little more per night. Well worth it in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nrdowe
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I read your review with great pleasure and will share your comments with our team this side. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Mondior Gaborone.

Kind Regards,

London
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here for a total of 3 nights during a trip to Botswana in May. Stayed in a studio room which was nice and spacious - bathroom facilities were clean, plenty of hot water and great water pressure. The staff were really friendly and helpful and assisted with printing, booking taxis etc but make sure you take advantage of the free airport shuttles. The News Café was just fantastic - we ate there quite a few times, meals were outstanding, probably the best we had in Botswana. Really nice atmosphere, fantastic cocktails and just a tiny walk from home.
I would definitely stay here again if I was in Gaborone.

Room Tip: Studio rooms fine - USB port in the TV is a great idea
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the fantastic review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.