“Lovely garden ambiance”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Gaborone
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely garden ambiance”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Quite close to the Government enclave and the main mall this smallish hotel has a lovely feel with its indoor gardens. It has a small pool but no restaurant.
instead the News Cafe is in the same grounds where you can get breakfast and other meals. I was told to avoid weekends as the bar can get noisy. I was there Saturday/Sunday and it was just fine. There were some younger people having a drink in the afternoon but certainly no issues.
The staff were very professional and quick to respond to any request.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor. Thankfully they switched the fountains off at night or I would have be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Russell087
Antoinette S, Operations Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear reviewer,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers. I would have to agree that our location is definitely a plus point for us. I am naturally thrilled that you liked the indoor gardens and found our employees professional and quick to assist. I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Thank you once again and please do let me know when you are in Gaborone next.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Randburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 May 2014

this was my first stay , I was impressed with the friendly welcome and efficient check in service.
The room I selected (junior suite) was adequately appointed and you are able to self cater if you wish. The bed is most comfortable. The hotel does not include meals in their tariff but the News café on site is perfect for dinner and a drink. A limited Wi-Fi is available but it is slow which is typical of Botswana.
the hotel is well located for easy access .
I will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: a frequent guest you get a free room upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Seahorse-JOburg
Antoinette S, Operations Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear reviewer,

I am happy to read you review and would like to thank you for your kind comments. Our location is indeed one of our plus points as are our semi self-catering facilities.

You will be pleased to note that we are about to embark on a full refurbishment of the News Cafe restaurant which is set to include a full breakfast buffet.

I trust that these enhancements will make your next stay even more enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Antoinette Starke, Operations Manager
Midrand
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went back to mondior few months after my last visit. And I still maintain the hotel is not a 4 star establishment

Location - perfect!
Rooms clean and comfy bed- but there is always something not in working condition. This time I was in a family room in the main bedroom, the TV didn't work, they tried to fix it but nope it just wouldn't work. I couldn't open the roman blinds as well there was no hook to tie the cord, so I had to have the light switched on at all times.

The reception stuff was superb, she (Baaitse) welcomed us with warm smiles and was able to check us in 2 hours earlier than normal check in time. That was very much appreciated! Excellent service.

I guess for my next visit to Gaborone, I would have to find another accommodation. Overall the hotel is nice, just those minor things that could be irritating and possibly drive customers away.

On my last visit we were supposed to get access to 2 hours a day of free WIFI which was actually 1.5 hours. Now it has been reduce 30min or 100mb :(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for reviewing us once again. We are naturally disappointed to note that you were not entirely satisfied with our facilities and I would welcome the opportunity of getting further details from you as we have a vested interest in resolving these and similar issues. Kindly contact me at your earliest convenience. My contact details: +267 319 0600 or antoinette@mondior.co.bw. We are however delighted to note that you mentioned a particular staff member by name and we will ensure that she is made aware of this.

Francistown
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The location, service , cleanliness, value, sleep quality and rooms are very good.
For the room i was in i suggest a sleeper couch would be more appropriate,
Everything else was perfect and would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Antoinette S, Operations Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our property. For your next stay kindly consider one of our Two Bedroom Suites as they are ideal for a family of four. Alternatively please do let us know whenever you require an extra bed and we will gladly assist. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Operations Manager - Mondior Gaborone
Johannesburg, California
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The studio rooms are neatly arranged with a kitchenette and 2 person didning at the entrance door. Includes both bathroom and shower and spacious sleeping area. Well worth the price if you don't wanna eat hotel food all the time.
A bit noisy due to NewsCafe patrons arriving at all hours, the guy next door had TV blaring all night. Perhaps security can do a better job at minimising noise levels.

Room Tip: The cupboards have crockery and utensils in the kitchenette so no need to bring own.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Melvin K
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. We have made a note on your profile that you prefer to be situated in a quieter section of the hotel for future reference. I am however glad that you enjoyed our facilities and please do call upon me when next you are in Gaborone. Thank you for your support.

Kind Regards,

Operations Manager - Mondior Gaborone
Mbabane
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very Good I will definitely come again when I visit Botswana And its Closer to Town, The rooms are quite nice, especially I found out there was a refrigerator and a micro wave, that was a plus for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Antoinette S, Operations Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a positive a review of our property. I am truly thrilled that you indicated that you will stay with us again.

Please do let us know when you are back in Gaborone again.

Cape Peninsula National Park, South Africa
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were stuck in Gaborone and could not find the accommodation we had booked through Safari Now. We went to the Mondior and they did everything possible to help us find our accommodation. They spend at least 1,5 hours but without finding our place. We decided to stay at the Mondior, good value, great spacious rooms, wonderfull staff. Keep it up, well done and thanks again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review of our property. I am absolutely thrilled to read that our employees went out of their way to assist you and that you enjoyed your stay.

I will most definitely be sharing your comments with the team and please do let us know when you are next in Gaborone.