“A little bit of Paradise”
Review of Chez Tess

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Chez Tess
Ranked #2 of 50 Ouagadougou B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A little bit of Paradise”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am currently staying at (Club Tess) Chez Tess and I have to say I was very surprised, pleasantly. I have never stayed at a B&B before, I usually stay at the larger hotels i.e. The Hilton and so forth wherever I travel. Being in Burkina Faso, the choices of hotels are not so great, so you either book a very expensive hotel or you take a chance. I made the right choice. They do not have a restaurant, but home delivery is just a phone call away, if you need something special they will get it for you. Breakfast is perfect with tea /coffee, bread, jam. and half a papaya. AC works well and they have a few different sized rooms with a bathroom, some are shared bathrooms. My room perfect. Tess and here staff are wonderful and you cant beat her rates. reasonable.

I cannot express how comfortable I feel here and how much I have enjoyed my stay here, I would recommend Chez Tess to anyone.

To Tess and you staff, a big thank you and hope to stay with you one day in the future.

Nathein Owings

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at Chez Tess for a month, having booked through Airbnb. It’s a truly spectacular guesthouse. There’s an ivy-covered, beautiful front yard with a sweet cat prowling around it. This was where I had my complimentary breakfast every morning (which consisted of yummy baguette and a croissant, papaya, strong coffee and orange juice).

I stayed in the blue room, which has a shared bath. I found the room to be well appointed and very clean; in the bathroom there was a nice homemade bar of soap waiting for me when I arrived. Overall, the guesthouse is kept very tidy; women came to clean it every day. The air conditioning, hot water and wi-fi were also very consistent, which was very important to me.

Tess herself is interesting, intelligent and accommodating. She was often at Chez Tess and therefore on hand to answer my questions, give me advice about the city and make sure that everything was going well. Because I stayed for a while, I also got to know the staff quite well. Everyone is really nice! And no one laughed at my god-awful French.

The guesthouse is in Zogona, a suburb, which is about a 45-minute walk from the centre-ville (but don’t make the mistake walking the distance as I did). The university is nearby, which is worth checking out. I’m glad that I chose to stay a bit out of the way because I think a place directly in town would’ve been too hectic for me. There is a driver here every day; he can take you into the centre-ville if you so choose. I wound up renting a moto to get around, but I didn’t feel safe using it on the main thoroughfares (a casque is hard to come by in Ouaga).

There are crafts for sale, in a separate house and many of the items are really quite lovely, particularly the masks from Mali. I think my family will be happy with what I brought them back.

I’m a woman and I was traveling by myself. If you are too, as were most of the people I met here, I would strongly recommend Chez Tess. I always felt very safe and comfortable there; it was a nice home away from home.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Blue room and it was perfect for my needs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After living in Burkina for a year I was anxious to find a good, reasonable hotel for my family to stay in when they came to visit me. I'm so grateful to have found Chez Tess. The staff and Tess did an amazing job welcoming us. The breakfast, the rooms, the availability of a car and the genuine kindness showed to us enhanced our family reunion and eased my worries. I highly recommend Chez Tess as the place to stay in Ouaga!

• Stayed August 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 10 August 2013

It is not only about the beautiful garden or the excellent rooms, or the so nice african decoration... it is also about feeling at home far away from home. And how Tess and her staff take care of the customers. We were a small group of people coming from Argentina and we had some issues regarding our trip. Tess spent hours and hours helping us to solve every need, she's incredible!
If this is not enough, the day of my birthday she came with a present!
I love Chez Tess, I love Tess, Fernando and all her staff. If you're coming to Ouagadougou don't miss this place...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Golden, CO
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My dad and I stayed at Chez Tess for 5 days and were entirely impressed with the bed and breakfast. It was a wonderful place to come back to and relax at the end of the day. The morning breakfast (served with great coffee) was delicious. Tess and staff were extremely helpful and friendly (and patient with our inability to speak French) and the rooms were clean! Next time I am in Ouaga, I will definitely be staying at Chez Tess again. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Stockholm
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Chez Tess is a cute B&B in a very quiet area and very close to the city center. It is a small oasis with a beautiful and quiet garden. The staff is very friendly and will help you with all kinds of issues you need to resolve. The rooms are nicly decorated and have airconditioning and mosquito nets and free Wifi. You feel like being at home! This is the place to stay when visiting Ouagadougou!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nathalie R
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We were a group of five who stayed at Chez Tess during the Fespaco, and all agree that our stay was one of the highlights of our trip. It was recommended to us by an expat who lived in Ouagadougou.

Fespaco is probably the busiest time in Ouaga, but Tess was very flexible and gracious when we changed our plans a few times just before arriving. Our numerous queries before the trip were handled promptly.

At the guest house, the staff were super-helpful and smilingly dealt with all our requests - be it for phone cards, or cold drinks or take away food.

The guesthouse is tastefully decorated and a lovely retreat from the heat and dust of Ouaga. It's not in the centre of town, and this was a bonus for us. The neighbourhood is very safe, not commercial, and it was interesting to see people going about their daily lives.

Chez Tess is a cozy and and quiet place, and we would recommend it highly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends