“Vibrant Little Find”
Review of Chez Tess

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Chez Tess
Ranked #3 of 52 Ouagadougou B&B and Inns
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
“Vibrant Little Find”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Thanks so much to the wonderful friendly staff. Rooms have lovely verandas, and I loved working or relaxing while being surrounded by the vibrant colours and lanterns. Excellent service, very clean, warm ambience.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 15 October 2013

ChezTess has everything one would want in a visit to Ouaga: great highspeed internet, fully functional everything, exquisite gardens and decoration, exceptional breakfast, local handicrafts from around Africa in every corner, and a very nice staff. We came as part of a USAID project and were first staying in Princess Yenanga, which was too expensive and had a horrible internet connection! After a night at ChezTess, I will never look for another hotel in Ouaga. This is home.

Room Tip: The Suite is superb, but I stayed in a room with a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JulieinGermany
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Chez Tess is a welcoming, peaceful, cool oasis of vibrant colours, art and handicraft - like coming home after spending a week in a sterile conference hotel.
Tess, Deneba, Jean, Omelu, Maurice and all the staff looked after me so well - merci beaucoup!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arindril
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed at Chez Tess for almost 6 weeks. I came to Burkina for a short mission which required many 'extra work hours' after office and along weekends as well as field trips schedule with last minute cancellations, improvised meetings and imperative use of the internet at specific moments. Chez Tess did not fail at any of those!!! Tess and her unbelievable trustful team did manage to be ready to cover any kind of expectation from my side, even if it was not planned....there is always a solution at Chez Tess. A part from the great breakfast, the wonderful rooms (I stayed in 3 different due to my field trips, one better than the other!), the very kind and professional staff, the incredible gallery of art the decoration itself is (everything you see, you can buy it!), a part from that...the practical side of my stay at Chez Tess: The use of a generator guarantee the best chance to keep having internet in Ouaga. You can print or scan at whatever time of the day, just asking the staff (also in colour! :); Tess and the team always treated to keep calm around me not to lose concentration, it was amazing; you don't need even to go out for lunch or dinner, the staff will kindly put at your disposal the entire menu of 3 or 4 restos and will bring your food with no increase in the price... They have always cold water, beers and sodas available at same price and also they have an empty fridge in case you want to keep your fresh food/fruits there...Believe me, I could not have been better for my 6 weeks mission than in Chez Tess, simply because I did not have to be worry about anything else than my job... It's sure I will be back for the next time in Burkina!! Thank you Tess Team!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have ceiling fan (but Yes A/C!!). Room "Turquoise" is the most quiet out of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am currently staying at (Club Tess) Chez Tess and I have to say I was very surprised, pleasantly. I have never stayed at a B&B before, I usually stay at the larger hotels i.e. The Hilton and so forth wherever I travel. Being in Burkina Faso, the choices of hotels are not so great, so you either book a very expensive hotel or you take a chance. I made the right choice. They do not have a restaurant, but home delivery is just a phone call away, if you need something special they will get it for you. Breakfast is perfect with tea /coffee, bread, jam. and half a papaya. AC works well and they have a few different sized rooms with a bathroom, some are shared bathrooms. My room perfect. Tess and here staff are wonderful and you cant beat her rates. reasonable.

I cannot express how comfortable I feel here and how much I have enjoyed my stay here, I would recommend Chez Tess to anyone.

To Tess and you staff, a big thank you and hope to stay with you one day in the future.

Nathein Owings

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at Chez Tess for a month, having booked through Airbnb. It’s a truly spectacular guesthouse. There’s an ivy-covered, beautiful front yard with a sweet cat prowling around it. This was where I had my complimentary breakfast every morning (which consisted of yummy baguette and a croissant, papaya, strong coffee and orange juice).

I stayed in the blue room, which has a shared bath. I found the room to be well appointed and very clean; in the bathroom there was a nice homemade bar of soap waiting for me when I arrived. Overall, the guesthouse is kept very tidy; women came to clean it every day. The air conditioning, hot water and wi-fi were also very consistent, which was very important to me.

Tess herself is interesting, intelligent and accommodating. She was often at Chez Tess and therefore on hand to answer my questions, give me advice about the city and make sure that everything was going well. Because I stayed for a while, I also got to know the staff quite well. Everyone is really nice! And no one laughed at my god-awful French.

The guesthouse is in Zogona, a suburb, which is about a 45-minute walk from the centre-ville (but don’t make the mistake walking the distance as I did). The university is nearby, which is worth checking out. I’m glad that I chose to stay a bit out of the way because I think a place directly in town would’ve been too hectic for me. There is a driver here every day; he can take you into the centre-ville if you so choose. I wound up renting a moto to get around, but I didn’t feel safe using it on the main thoroughfares (a casque is hard to come by in Ouaga).

There are crafts for sale, in a separate house and many of the items are really quite lovely, particularly the masks from Mali. I think my family will be happy with what I brought them back.

I’m a woman and I was traveling by myself. If you are too, as were most of the people I met here, I would strongly recommend Chez Tess. I always felt very safe and comfortable there; it was a nice home away from home.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Blue room and it was perfect for my needs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After living in Burkina for a year I was anxious to find a good, reasonable hotel for my family to stay in when they came to visit me. I'm so grateful to have found Chez Tess. The staff and Tess did an amazing job welcoming us. The breakfast, the rooms, the availability of a car and the genuine kindness showed to us enhanced our family reunion and eased my worries. I highly recommend Chez Tess as the place to stay in Ouaga!

• Stayed August 2013