“Artistic and pleasant.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Tess

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Chez Tess
Ranked #2 of 48 Ouagadougou B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Artistic and pleasant.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

When you are far away from your home, what you need is a place where u can be at peace......This is the only place I stayed long out of many in BF because of this

Staff is friendly down to earth polite...... The owner is a GEM of a person kind at heart,noble and much more at your service any time of the day...

The things required when u stay at a hotel are (Wifi,breakfast,chauffer etc. ) and these all u can find at Tezz... with politness as compliment which you will not be able to find in the well reputed hotels of the city..,

Thanks for making this trip a memorable one :):)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

This wonderfully peaceful and hospitable place really got me! Staff was always helpful trying to sort out any request we made. I had the chance to stay in two rooms and both were clean, air-conditioned, and stylishly furnished. I really appreciated a mosquito net which did not turn out to be a must in other burkina hotels I stayed at during my 10-day trip to the country. Bathroom was clean with a hand-made shea butter soap, warm water and a hair dryer. I was pleasantly surprised by good quality matraces, reliable wi-fi signal and superb breakfast with fresh baguette, croissants, marmelade variations, orange juice, and lovely papaya.
Tess, the owner, was so kind to let us hang around before taking our night flight back home even though we had checked out days before. She was a great help to us at the beginning being the only English speaking person far and wide.
Moreover, the place offers a chill out zone situated in beautiful gardens.
It was the best place I stayed at in BF, by far. If I ever come back, it will definitely be to this place. I higly reccommend it to everyone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mg_slovakia
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Thanks so much to the wonderful friendly staff. Rooms have lovely verandas, and I loved working or relaxing while being surrounded by the vibrant colours and lanterns. Excellent service, very clean, warm ambience.

• Stayed November 2013
Bonn-Bad Godesberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

ChezTess has everything one would want in a visit to Ouaga: great highspeed internet, fully functional everything, exquisite gardens and decoration, exceptional breakfast, local handicrafts from around Africa in every corner, and a very nice staff. We came as part of a USAID project and were first staying in Princess Yenanga, which was too expensive and had a horrible internet connection! After a night at ChezTess, I will never look for another hotel in Ouaga. This is home.

Room Tip: The Suite is superb, but I stayed in a room with a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JulieinGermany
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Chez Tess is a welcoming, peaceful, cool oasis of vibrant colours, art and handicraft - like coming home after spending a week in a sterile conference hotel.
Tess, Deneba, Jean, Omelu, Maurice and all the staff looked after me so well - merci beaucoup!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Arindril
Strasbourg, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed at Chez Tess for almost 6 weeks. I came to Burkina for a short mission which required many 'extra work hours' after office and along weekends as well as field trips schedule with last minute cancellations, improvised meetings and imperative use of the internet at specific moments. Chez Tess did not fail at any of those!!! Tess and her unbelievable trustful team did manage to be ready to cover any kind of expectation from my side, even if it was not planned....there is always a solution at Chez Tess. A part from the great breakfast, the wonderful rooms (I stayed in 3 different due to my field trips, one better than the other!), the very kind and professional staff, the incredible gallery of art the decoration itself is (everything you see, you can buy it!), a part from that...the practical side of my stay at Chez Tess: The use of a generator guarantee the best chance to keep having internet in Ouaga. You can print or scan at whatever time of the day, just asking the staff (also in colour! :); Tess and the team always treated to keep calm around me not to lose concentration, it was amazing; you don't need even to go out for lunch or dinner, the staff will kindly put at your disposal the entire menu of 3 or 4 restos and will bring your food with no increase in the price... They have always cold water, beers and sodas available at same price and also they have an empty fridge in case you want to keep your fresh food/fruits there...Believe me, I could not have been better for my 6 weeks mission than in Chez Tess, simply because I did not have to be worry about anything else than my job... It's sure I will be back for the next time in Burkina!! Thank you Tess Team!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have ceiling fan (but Yes A/C!!). Room "Turquoise" is the most quiet out of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am currently staying at (Club Tess) Chez Tess and I have to say I was very surprised, pleasantly. I have never stayed at a B&B before, I usually stay at the larger hotels i.e. The Hilton and so forth wherever I travel. Being in Burkina Faso, the choices of hotels are not so great, so you either book a very expensive hotel or you take a chance. I made the right choice. They do not have a restaurant, but home delivery is just a phone call away, if you need something special they will get it for you. Breakfast is perfect with tea /coffee, bread, jam. and half a papaya. AC works well and they have a few different sized rooms with a bathroom, some are shared bathrooms. My room perfect. Tess and here staff are wonderful and you cant beat her rates. reasonable.

I cannot express how comfortable I feel here and how much I have enjoyed my stay here, I would recommend Chez Tess to anyone.

To Tess and you staff, a big thank you and hope to stay with you one day in the future.

Nathein Owings