“Whimsical Eye-Candy In A Peaceful Setting On The Outskirts Of Ouagadougou”
Review of Hotel Ricardo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Hotel Ricardo
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Ouagadougou
Toronto, Canada
“Whimsical Eye-Candy In A Peaceful Setting On The Outskirts Of Ouagadougou”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Winding down 16 days on the Voodoo Trail through Togo, Benin and Burkina Faso, this was the perfect place to end our stay.
Comfortable, peaceful, relaxing and quite delightful.
An eccentric blend of vintage furnishings, big game trophy heads and original local art.
Plenty of hot water.
Comfy bed.
Good internet connection.
A pool, good food, great service, and just beyond the hotel wall, a most remarkable miracle.
Woman have been, through slow and steady toil, reclaiming littered, derelict beach, and turning it into a veritable garden of eden.
And men have joined the effort, helping draw water from the many wells or haul it back from the lake's edge.
All manner of vegetables and herbs seem to be thriving here, thanks to community effort and lots of water hyacinth, an invasive water weed, that these cleaver women, mostly grandmothers, are composting into fertilizer to feed their beautiful farm plots.
These gardens alone are worth the stay at Hotel Ricardo.
An utterly inspiring, and most uplifting stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ritajeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had an excellent stay in this cross between a luxury hotel and a quaint b&b. Pauline (one of the owners) was always around and super helpful. From local hints to stomach remedies :) She even awoke early to personally make sure our breakfast was served at 5am, when we had to get an early start. We switched to this hotel after being robbed at the Splendide. We should have come here first. Huge, clean pool, and delicious french bistro food in the restaurant. All the service is crisp and on point. Great and well-run place, would certainly return. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank BOD_NL
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I travel a lot. Hotel Ricardo is a home away from home, a unique blend of the exquisite and exotic tastes of it's owners, who are always there to welcome a dusty traveller from the rural villages and roads of Burkina, or the filmmakers, scientists and bureaucrats from our global village. The restaurant is exceptional; the lobby is a fascinating living and dining area featuring the artifacts of big game hunting and museum quality works of art, that carry over into exceptionally comfortable and quiet rooms where you will be awakened by birdsong and nothing else. A fabulous pool features a waterfall and its expansive patio overlooks a lake surrounded by lush active gardens. I always plan an extra day or several to hang out and relax at Hotel Ricardo. Whether reading by the pool, getting caught up on my email (there's better internet than most hotels in major international cities), or engaging in the most profoundly interesting and memorable conversations with the hosts, Paulina and Richard, and their guests, this hotel ranks as an oasis and my most favourite on this planet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Janice G
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Based on the comments below and recommendations, I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. It is a little bit far from the center of the city, but the car ride to the hotel is not bad. The relaxing environment totally overweighs the distance from the city center. This was the second time for my stay in Ouagadougou. I stayed last time in the center, and I very much prefer this place by far. The owners are so kind, and you can enjoy the food as well. All the decorations and arts in the room and dining areas were also indicative of the owners' interests to ensure the hotels are well decorated. There were some incidents such as a desert that went bad by the time they served, and the price they charge was not consistent. But all of these things are something you have to watch out for any hotels you stay in a country like Burkina Faso, it's not a big deal. The internet was good in restaurant and pool side. Water pressure and temperature were also good. As pointed out below, I recommend to ask for the payment a night before your check out, as it would take some time. Their booking are input all by hands. Anyway, I will come back next time to this hotel, if i have a chance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Fukuyan
Cabrera, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A charming hotel, very comfortable, attractive prices, one places rather incredible by his situation in the city.
The swimming pool is completed and the service also ,It is the hotel which agrees very well in the journeys even on long lastings

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pneri59
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed here for roughly a week (8 nights) and it was my third time at the Ricardo. The positive aspects of the hotel haven’t changed since: The restaurant serves very good and properly prepared food (no risk for your health at least for me), the staff at the restaurant is very friendly. The pool area is still nice but could need some refurbishment. You have Wifi Internet with good speed almost everywhere in the Hotel. Some drawbacks from my most recent trip: I good a poor little rooms and the end of the building since the hotel was completely booked. Only at the end of my stay the offered me another room, which was a lot nicer and exactly the way I remember it from my previous stay. They should have sold that room for a cheaper price. The room was also to far from the wifi network, so no internet.
The most adverse thing that happened to me this time was the staff at the reception which was a real pain. Roughly 2-3 days prior to my departure they started constantly asking me when I am going to pay my room! I felt treated like a person that looks like running away from a hotel without paying and they really started getting on my nerves. The last days of my stay I avoid going through the reception area and the restaurant. When I wanted to pay the room a day before my departure the VISA machine did not work so I had to go to the next ATM and paid cash the morning of my departure like in every other hotel around the world.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Pierre G
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 April 2013

In this bustling Capitol, this is an oasis of friendly service and clean lodging.
The lobby and bar are relaxing locations for meal or social gatherings. The pool is quite popular and a great place for breakfast in the morning.

Also they provide great food.
The rooms are functional with A/C and large bathrooms

I highly recommend a stay here, if you find yourself in Ouagadougou for a night or a week

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business