“Pleasant respite in center”
Review of Hotel les Palmiers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Hotel les Palmiers
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Ouagadougou
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The hotel has a pleasant garden and small pool in the center of dusty Ouagadougou. Our room had good AC, refrigerator and a mosquito net (NEEDED). The gardens of the hotel are a haven for insects and the hotel does not spray the common outside areas. You will need your bug spray to have a drink or eat in restaurant. The food is good but the menu is limited, two plates of the day a bolonaise and fish when we were there. They have wifi but only in the garden not in the rooms. the staff is very helpful and tries hard but their English is limited, you need at least high school french.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank voyager52

Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have stayed on business in many small hotels in and around Africa! Some are good, some are average and some are poor! Seldom do I stay in a place I would classify as superb! This hotel comfortably falls into that category! It is small but what it might lose in size it makes up for in service, quality and determination to please!
I found no fault and ate fantasticaly prepared meals throughout my stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Mosiman
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel has everything going for it to be the best in Ouagadougou. On a quiet road a few minutes walk from the Grand Marché, with wifi throughout and nice rooms. However the laissez faire bordering sometimes on downright rude attitude of the staff lets this place down. The restaurant is also one of the most expensive but standards here too fall short both on the quality and quantity. Wifi is unreliable and slow at best.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Tiffany N
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Nice place and worth a visit. However, if they are full, they may offer you one of the bedrooms in the apartments across the street. Not really a good idea from a safety and security standpoint unless you are accustomed to traveling in West Africa.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

After bouncing off the plane & straight into a meeting, the thought of a small, safe, quiet accommodation with simple food & chilled beer to offer was certainly a priority. I wasn't disappointed !! Clean, Friendly & Basic sums this venue up nicely.

For anyone considering this location for a Business stay (I was here 5 nights) Wi-Fi was not accessible within the room. It was also hit & miss at times within the shared lounge/dining/reception area. This "issue" was resolved by a strong Wi-Fi connection at a bar local to the hotel.

Meals - Breakfast (very basic) & evening meal (a tad expensive for "eat only what is available") were both OK. The rooms were small, the Aircon worked OK, there was no safe for valuables. When pointed out that I needed a little more security for laptop etc the guy rapped his knuckles on the heavy steel room door & said "No need for safe". Correct for my stay, Industrial grade steel re-inforced door & bars across window convinced that anyone outside the hotel would not be even bothered to break in.

The location. Ouagadougou is safe, The locals are friendly & there is a relaxed "chilled-out" ambience" throughout. As a non-speaker of French I got by, though as I read from a previous correspondence, at least trying to make an effort almost certainly encourage sound communication.

Overall, will be visiting again in the very near future - will certainly stay here again . . . Sporkio XX

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sporkio T
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I had just spent a week in the far northern part of Burkina Faso, in the region known as the Sahel, near the borders of Mali and Niger working as a video journalist. The temps were high - over 120 degrees. The winds carried the desert sand and coated your skin, clothes and equipment.

I had been sleeping in a tent and cooking basic meals when my guide and driver could not find lodging or food to buy. I was ready for something nice.

My guide brought me here, and for once, his lodging suggestion did not disappoint.

This hotel is a refuge from the crazy city and the hot sun. There are tons of trees and the gardening is lovely. There is a nice outdoor bar and eating area with comfortable seating and attentive staff. The beer is cold and the food is good.

There is also an indoor restaurant, it's fancy and I wasn't ready for fancy. So outdoors was good for me, and the majority of the people I met.

There is also a small pool. Normally I'm not a pool guy, too busy I guess. But after the heat and sand, soaking in the cool clear water was so soothing and healing.

The room was ok. It would have been great, but I travel with a lot of gear, and the cases made the space shrink. However, the bed was good, the ceiling fan was nice, there was a floor fan to give more air movement -- and there was air conditioning! So, I can't complain.

The bathroom was en suite, a nice plus, and everything worked -- although it too was cramped.

Bottom line... I'd stay here again. No doubt.

Room Tip: Speak French! You can get by with English, but it will be much, much easier if you at least try to...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Les Palmiers for about a week. The first night my air conditioner wasn't working properly, but they fully replaced it with a brand new air conditioner the next day and gave me a discount for the first night. I ate several meals in the restaurant/bar--limited selection, but good quality and the menu changes everyday. Breakfast is a bit overpriced. Internet works well in rooms and at restuarant. Had laundry done as well, good value and they did a nice job. As a solo female traveller, I felt very comfortable and safe staying here. Central location, and I was able to walk to other restaurants and useful local businesses (bank, pharmacy, etc.). The hotel arranged a couple of taxis for me and their drivers were all very professional. Staff is very friendly in general.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo