“Best meal on my trip”

Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Bujumbura
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Biggest surpise of my trip. Lovely little courtyard restaurant at the rear of a hotel in the centre of town. The food was outstanding and such variation on the menu. The service was very good and attentive.
I was so shocked to find such a great place in such a downtown area.
A truly hidden gem that is really worth finding
I will go again and again

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Everything was excellent. My friends had the foil steamed fish and raved. Best chocolate mousse I have found in Africa

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Food was OK, service slow even though the restaurant wasn't busy. Food is priced at between $10-$15.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was in Bujumbura for over a month; Botanika was our default weekend lunch spot. Everything on the menu was great, service was very friendly and tolerated our atrocious French very gracefully. I wish I could take the whole place home. My favorite restaurant on the continent so far. Would be a huge success back in the US.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Absolutely awesome food, the freshest, tastiest meals, discretely off the street in stunning garden environment, service is good, prices reasonable and food to die for!