“Lovely food, lovely setting”
Review of Botanika

Botanika
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Bujumbura
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Lovely food, lovely setting”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Botanika brings by far the most innovative and interesting cuisine in Bujumbura. The small restaurant right in the town centre has a lovely garden and very relaxed athmosphere. The food is great value for money and something very different from what most places serve. Interesting combinations of taste, much attention for detail. Definitely recommended.

• Visited January 2014

san jose
“Delicious food in great setting”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I loved the warm goat cheese and tomato starter. The freshly made baguettes were such a treat after months of horrible tasting bread in other countries. Croissants, cappuccino, and ham and cheese made a wonderful breakfast. My favorite dinner was the chicken and vegetables with coconut milk streamed in foil. Lunches are great. My husband and I shared a mushroom and goat cheese baguette sandwich. Really tasty.

Visited December 2013
Arusha, Tanzania
“Good food, pleasant atmosphere and no "Buja Style" overloaded plate!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I avoided Botanika until my most recent stay in Bujumbura...sounded too much like a muzungu-expat hangout. But was pleased to find real locals, along with the expats, very friendly (and relatively quick - for Burundi) service with a totally different menu (no linga linga or isombe, which I dearly like but do tire of day in day out). I had the chicken mint and coriander crepes the first time (delectable) and ravioli the second (equally pleasing). And was amazed that the serving sizes are actually manageable - most restaurants in the city serve plates of food, resembling miniature versions of the nearby volcanoes. Plenty of options for my vegetarian colleague as well. Only annoyance was someone smoking nearby - but when encouraged by the sign saying "feel free to protest", we did, and the smoker moved away without complaint. Will definitely return on my next trip to Bujumbura.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very good veggie food”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I ate here every night of my stay as the food and atmosphere were so good. Go for the spinach ravioli it is delicious!

Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Overrated”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The service took a long time considering there were not that many clients. The portion (chicken something) was small, and actually did not match the menu description. When I asked - where are the raisins? I was told it never comes with that, although we confirmed that the menu said as much. I had to cancel my tissane because it was taking too long. So I will give them another try... but just!

Visited November 2013