Was expecting more after several positive reviews and reports of "renovations". Even for central African standards, the Hilton Yaoundé is not really fresh anymore.The overall impression is rather of it going "downhill", like all of the country, I'm afraid. The outside facades are that of a dump, with the oldest Hilton logo I've seen in a long time. Lobby and restaurant areas are not much better. Pool and rooms are just ok. Service is mixed. But then ... you don't really have a choice in Cameroon's capital.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city's central business district, Hilton Yaounde hotel is the only international hotel in Yaounde, is walking distance to government offices, local corporations and is only 30 minutes from Nsimalen International Airport by the hotel's complimentary shuttle service. The hotel features 248 rooms and suites, 16 flexible meeting and banqueting room, a well equiped Business Centre, 5 restaurants and Bars, a Fitness club with an outdoor pool, an indoor Mall with 14 shops, and is ideally situated to explore local activities and tourist attractions including the National Craft Market and National Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Yaounde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Yaounde Hotel Yaounde
- Yaounde Hilton
- Hilton International Yaounde