Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2017

pretty much a decent hotel in the capital of CAR. Friendly staff, very good bakery, nice coffee shop, safe and secure place. If you expect to get 5 star luxury - don't full yourself, however it is the best accommodation in Bangui.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Professional but not friendly reception staff . All marble and corridors .Nice pool .
Wifi didn't work in my room only downstairs in the lobbies and sitting areas . Also one of those wifi when you put the phone down you had to put the password in each time .Patisserie in the lobby . Spa available at cost . The shower was just warm . Breakfast included - buffet.
Shuttle supposed to be included - no one picked me up at airport and my flight was at 7am shuttle doesn't start until 6. Overpriced.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank rosade
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Let’s say it’s a decent hotel when there are very few choices in this city. At least it is secure, but crowded with development workers and peacekeeper delegations. I guess it was built somewhere in the eighties but never really refurbished, rooms are spacious and room service is decent. The air conditioning was leaking, and the plaster fell of the ceiling. It was all repaired by the handyman who did it while I was still lying in bed. I suppose there is no understanding of privacy and what to international standards on.
Internet connections depend on the place where you’re sitting, but they have put Sofas on each floor close to the elevator shaft where the Internet connections are better. A good connection only allows you to download your emails, forgive about watching youtube. They give reduced prices, but then there’s no breakfast. The hotel is isolated at night, so there’s nothing else to do than sit around the swimming pool. There is a gym, but crowded with soldiers keeping their muscles into shape. The dining area is a Ok, and I recommend the buffet, which is however a bit pricey for what you get. The deserts are very good, staff is slow and pretty much untrained for this level of hotel.
A plus is the single international ATM machine which is working most of the if time. There is a nice bakery and you can get a croissant in the morning if you pass there. Bread is OK. The swimming pool is quite popular and overcrowded on Saturday and Sundays. There is a dancing nightclub with a Saturday and Sunday events, but I was only allowed to sit in the back, because I didn’t want to take a bottle of whiskey on the table which is mandatory if you want to sit up front. The music was very noisy so I left the place.
Overall absolutely not nothing exciting about this place.

Room tip: Rooms with a view on the swimming pool are cooler in the week, pretend to get noisy with many people in the pool during the whole weekend
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank marcdE792ZQ
Reviewed 25 April 2017

This is a warning. I have read about same experience on Lonely Planets "Thorn-tree" sight as well before. We checked in having booked through Booking.com with pre arranged prices. We paid and checked in - then the staff came back and insisted we should be extra as we had booked a double room and where two people in the room. This had already been cleared in my booking on booking.com. They are clearly running a scam in order to make some extra money off people here. We have also written to Ledgers owners about this incident - very unpleasant and totally unacceptable. Especially considering the already very high price per room.

Room tip: stay clear of this hotel as the staff are running a scam here.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank 548michaelc
Reviewed 23 April 2017

The Ledger Plaza is the safest and the poshest hotel choice in Bangui but still far from being a five star or even a three star hotel. There is no real competition in Bangui however so the Ledger is the logical place to stay for a westerner, especially during times of tension in town.

The location is a few km outside the city center, I'd say a 40 min walk, along the main road towards the airport.

Rooms were OK with AC and WiFi that worked well both in the room and in the lobby. Breakfast was included and good. We didn't have any other meals at the hotel. The pool area was very nice. The ATM in the lobby works.

What really keeps my rating down is the ridiculously inflated price and them only accepting cash AND the attempt of some staff to pull a scam on us trying to extort more money. After having paid our bill and got it stamped "paid" two guys took turns calling us in the room and knocking on our door trying to make us hand over more money to them in the hallway "for being two persons in the double room". We showed them our settled bill but they wouldn't budge and got quite a bit hostile. Later we went to the front desk asking to see the general manager Mr Rimeh Ben Salem or another member of the foreign top management but were denied this. Instead the guys finally fetched a girl from back office that was presented as "the manager" but seemed very awkward about this whole thing and didn't say much. When I shot a photo in the face of the guys and tell them I'd email Laico Hotels foreign Head Office the scam came to a full stop. As judged by other travellers comments on the internet this scam has been tried before (from 2015 at least).

Date of stay: April 2017