“Not Bad for 2-3 days”
Review of Wabi-Shebele Hotel

Wabi-Shebele Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Wabi-Shebele Hotel
Ranked #92 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
“Not Bad for 2-3 days”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I spend two nights three days in wabi on the way to ND, jamena Chad on official trip. It was really good experiance in Addis Ababa. Hotel was good as per price and the food was better almost like Indian food buffet system. but in the buffet package you will get either water or cold drink just one bottel for other one you have you pay extra. Place is beautiful & hotel is in the city so easy excess to the point. rooms are good with all basic amenities. Hitel staff is cooperative & kind. Wabi have two returants one for paid buffet & another normal pay as you eat. overall it is nice place to spend some days with your family. I will call a budet hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Pranaydesai1

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 24 March 2013

20 or 30 years ago, I imagine this was a fairly upscale hotel (keep in mind that Ethiopia was then in the midst of a civil war). Since then, its owners must have diligently maintained its price level relative to other Addis hotels—while neglecting to maintain the hotel itself.

The elevators are cramped and rickety, the carpets frayed and soiled. Keeping step with the rest of the hotel, the bed, mattress, and other furniture in the room looked like holdovers from the days of the Derg. The room itself was small but clean enough (though it reeked of stale smoke) and the shower and toilet worked well.

I was not able to call out from my room. When I attempted a local call I found myself talking to the front desk, who informed me they would gladly make my call for me—if I came down to the reception. I was staying on the tenth floor.

There was no Internet available in the rooms, only a two-computer room on the ground floor for whose use the hotel charged 1.3 birr ($0.07) per minute—about three times the rate you’d pay in a half-decent Internet café in the city.

I had a very nice view, but I was on the top floor. Simply not enough to justify the $57-$62 a double room will cost you. My advice is to stay at one of the many hotels in Addis that offer the same or better for half the price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jay B

Travellers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed for a week last november, the first room me and my friend were booked in was on the 3d floor. The shower and toilet did not work, there was water all over the floor and cockroaches everywhere. We changed rooms, however the shower was cold and still a faulty toilet. Also cockroaches everywhere. The breakfast was reasonable thanks to the American pancakes. Furthermore some rooms weren't clean, the elevators kept breaking and the beds were no good.
Definitely not coming back.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Holland1918
San Jose, California
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I would like to start by appreciating the staff hospitality!
Every one I run to is very polite and accomodative! But the hotel needs quite few remodeling/upgrading, especially the Bathrooms and the Elevator. Also some rooms need to be smoke free!! Since the 2 Restaurant does not have Elevator/access, handicap or senior citizens can't dine there. It is located on a very convienent place. The first week I stayed for 8 days were ok since I got a bit remodeled room. The second time I came back excepting the same thing it was a nightmare. Since I am handicap, I am limited to stay in certain rooms. On my second stay, on a first night, I was given Rm 305 with no warm water and the bathroom toilet floods, could not take shower. I was moved to Rm 505 the next day, it was full of strong smoke, I had to go back to Rm 305, I was sick from the smoke all night since I am allergic to it. As usual 305 did not have warm water, I went to bed without taking a shower for again went to bed without complaining since I had enough complain for one day. Hoping there will be warm water to take a shower in the morning, the floor was filled with water. I have family I can stay with but I chose this place for the sake of the bathroom & other convienence. Hope these issue will be addressed so I can come back, I really like the staff and the place location!
Thank you so much for addressing these important issues for the sake of your customers!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank FREHIWOT A
California
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We recently stayed a few days here with a group and enjoyed a pleasant stay. Yes, the elevators are a bit old but the rooms were nice and clean, the employees helpful, the food at the restaurant and the garden restaurant next door was decent, and the location is good for getting around to the various areas of town. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jvz13
Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed 17 May 2010

The room was big, the bed large, and good windows that let in a lot of light. While things are a bit run down, they're fairly clean. Staff friendly but not very professional. Maintenance a problem: elevators barely work, hot water system improperly installed (only hot water in shower). Restaurant awful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I made the HUGE mistake of relying on Ethiopian Airlines to take care of a 12 hour overnight layover in Addis Ababa. They put me in this flea pit of a hotel.
The place is old, run down, dirty and depressing. The elevators are frightening.
I would honestly prefer to sleep in the airport terminal.
As we were waiting in the bus to leave back to the airport, the hotel's security boy started beating a beggar that approached the bus with a large truncheon to chase him away.
Do yourselves a favor: spend the $250 for the night in the Hilton or the Sheraton, or better still, avoid layovers on Ethiopian Airlines altogether.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business