“Just reject this Hotel”

Ranked #97 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Just reject this Hotel”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My flight to accra was missed while i was coming from Mumbai and Ethopian Airline booked this hotel for us .. Horrible locations..

All contruction going around this hotel .. Night time it get very very dark

Horrible food

Water leakage in toilet .. Lift shuts as electricity goes and hotel doesnt have DG set to start or no emplyee to to that in late hours ...

Water leakage in toilet .. No towel or soap in toilet

Horrible exterience

Room Tip: check for water leakage in toilet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 September 2013

with my flight being cancelled and 24 hour layover, Ethiopian Airlines gave me a bunch of other "distressed travelers" a voucher for De Leopol. Like other reviewers have noted, the rooms were a bit dark, poorly light, not quite up to the standards most expect, but then again, I had just spent a few weeks in a very rural part of Uganda, so this place was fine with me. Even though the elevator was out, the wifi down, I still given it an average mark.
The staff there went above in beyond in addressing the issues, they were extremely courteous and helpful as I planned a day on the town. The food at the restaurant was good, not great and plentiful.
I never felt unsafe, my room was clean, the bed decent and plenty of hot water. I felt blessed. having said that, it's the place I would probably plan to stay if i were traveling with my wife or family, but for a night it was "Average".

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Migrant10
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Simply look at the pictures. The place isnt clean at all and the Food isnt
Also when I was there there No water in the toilet and shower For several hours.
Ethiopian airlines sent us there as we missed our flight, otherwise we wouldnt go there.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Shishos

Travellers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I'd like to assume most people never opt to stay here! Its old musty and damp! Small dark rooms faulty piping in bathrooms and grimy towels! It was a transit thing , Thanks Ethiopian airlines! Just a night so all I wanted to do was get it over with! I had work colleagues with me so it wasn't so bad, one of them lost his painting there and the staff were clueless! Don't try breakfast its like left overs! Trust me they reccomend that hotel to help out and its a horrible place !

• Stayed April 2013
ohio
Reviewed 1 May 2013

A 15 hour layover in Addis Ababa left me with Ethiopian Airlines generously offering a free hotel stay, along with transportation to and from Bole International Airport and a complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner from the hotel's restaurant. Hey, can't beat free, free, and free! We had to wait around a half hour for a bus pickup from the airport, but immigration waived the visa-on-arrival fee as I exited the terminal. Thanks! Nice little bonus. The traffic from the airport to the hotel was bustling, but you are able to see some of the street life that is the Ethiopian capitol city. The staff was wonderful, spoke good English and hospitable to a fault. The hotel is in the center of a noisy stretch of town, with men with guns guarding building entrances. So security is taken seriously here. But it doesn't feel unsafe, if you know what I mean. I took a walk around Bole after I checked in, to see some of the neighborhood. The room, since it was free, I can't complain too much about, but it was a smaller room with a balcony, small bath and generally in need of a deep cleaning. But I got a few hours of sleep, which is what I wanted during my 15 hour layover. The food in the restaurant was okay, they try hard to please you, but their interperation of beef tips was, let's say, interesting. Edible, but not something I have tasted before. But they get an A for effort, because they are unfailingly nice at this hotel. Wi-Fi was complimentary, and welcome, as well as the bar off of the lobby. They had a gift shop, but I couldn't get anyone to open it for me to buy some trinkets.

But they really showed their hospitality when I was waiting for the van back to the airport at 9 p.m. The driver showed up, and we were about to leave, but a late arriving gaggle of guests exited the van so they could eat their free dinner in the hotel's dining room. Very selfish and impolite of the men, and I had to request very nicely that the driver take me to the airport without them, because I had no desire to wait for their poorly planned dinner. After demanding firmly a couple times that we go, and leave the men behind, the hotel agreed and I was off to the airport in time. So they did the right thing by me, and I appreciated being able to stay at the hotel. It was quite an experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the direction of the Airport, better views from that side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelingHoob
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Spent the day here on a return flight from BKK to IAD. Since my layover was greater than 8 hours, Ethiopian Airlines put me up here as they contract with the hotel. Not expecting much, I can say that I wasn't disappointed. Too bad as the hotel obviously once had some charm, but those days are well behind it. The staff does their best, but having little to work with, they can only stretch their resources so far. I actually switched rooms to get my room with no view. The first one was actually worse. In both, the sheets were worn, the towels had holes, the carpet stains, and a faint musty smell. It was the bugs in the bathroom of the first that caused me to switch. Management could make the place into something top notch once again, but it would take a sizable commitment and an influx of capital. In its current state, I would only stay again if I got the room as part of the layover process.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The moquette carpet was filthy. Their vacuum cleaner had apparently broken down that morning and remained so for my entire stay. The bathroom was clean though.

Wireless internet hardly ever worked in the rooms. My colleague was lucky enough to have a room with LAN cable working, but most rooms did not have one. You get 1 hour internet in the lobby which worked about half the time. When it worked it was fast enough for a video call.

There are plenty of good hotels in Addis, I will look better next time

Room Tip: Ask for LAN connection if you really have to stay in this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business