“We enjoyed our stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Addis View Hotel

Addis View Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Addis View Hotel
Ranked #56 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Nairobi, Kenya
“We enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

We had searched for a good budget hotel to stay for 3 days and most were in places under construction and therefore our contacts would dissuade us. That is how we ended up in Addis View in Arat Kilo area. The hotel has 20 suites (living area with separate bedroom) which was not bad for our needs seeing that we were going to have lots of time to rest during the 3 days.

We used one suite and requested for two extra beds for a fee. The hotel staff were very helpful despite the obvious language barrier. The rooms were clean and linen of a good quality. The restaurant has a variety of dishes, but we were not very impressed by their continental fare. For breakfast they have a very confusing list of choices that does not make much sense. You pick an item on the list and they say so, you pick another and they are ok! you have to mix and match......I didnt figure that one. The coffee like in most Ethiopian establishments is great.

The location is good on a highway served by public buses and shared taxis. Private taxis are also plenty though one can also walk to nearby places like Trinity Orthodox cathedral and Addis University all within a few minutes walking distance. For 100 Birrs in a private taxi, you should be able to reach most parts of Addis Ababa City.

Room Tip: All have great view of the hills in the distance. I believe the upper floors (3rd, 4th and 5th )hav...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rmworia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was my second time at Addis view, and it was consistently good.

Positives:

The service is excellent, and I like the free shuttle service from the airport.

The rooms are nicely appointed with attractive furniture and are clean.

The cafe has espresso coffee and a surprisingly good selection of cakes. The coffee is reasonable too.

Negatives:

The upstairs restaurant is great for Ethiopian food, but terrible for anything western style. Breakfast can be quite disappointing.

The WIFI though free, is ridiculously slow! The room bathroom is clean but a bit basic, and the water pressure is almost only a trickle.

Overall though, it's still a good stay, best pick of the bunch in the nearby area and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank borat_123
Wroclaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

Funny that I had almost the same story as Daygar (oct 2011); I tried to book through their web site and could never get booking confirmation. When I tried to book by phone I was requested to visit their web site. Finally a friend in Addis went there and booked for me, they said that it was full and gave me a room at the nearby guest house (Abenezer). This is a pity because Addis View is the best hotel I know in Addis and has reasonable fares (given the comfort), the manager and his staff are friendly etc. Note, however, that the nearby guest house is also excellent but not as luxuous; cheaper, big rooms, and very nice and helpful staff. If you like gigantic rooms, ask a room with a small kitchen and you will be impressed! They are also more quiet because the others usually have a view to the road (and nearby junction). Also Abenezer has many more Ethiopian guests; Addis View always has lots of ferenji (which -as far as I am concerned- I dislike).

Room Tip: Try Abenezer just besides!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I gave this hotel a good review last year but alas can not this time. Be aware, I made a booking for three nights and this was confirmed by the hotel as I was again up country. An Ethiopian friend re contacted the hotel on our behalf just to check the reservation and was told the hotel was full, she told them we had a confirmed booking for three nights, they said yes but they were going to put us up in the guest house next door as they were full.If our friend had not contacted the hotel we would not of been aware until we checked in. I will not use again, the german adoption agency get priority over all others. BEWARE.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

Was a breath of fresh air after living up country. Rooms were clean and very comfy with leather chairs and a separate sitting room, the shower was a delight hot and powerful. Rooms cleaned everyday to a high standard . The restaurant is on the top floor with a fantastic view of Addis Ababa, the food was well cooked and presented and the waiting staff more than helpful.
The hotel staff were more than helpful,a big thanks to the assistant manager who found us a room even though we were told there was none. I have been travelling to Addis since 1985 and this is the first time I have reviewed any hotel that I have stayed that should tell you something.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank daygar
Euskirchen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

Addis View Hotel is a good choice for a medium price hotel. A six story building with elevator (when there is power ;-) )Very friendly staff, big, clean rooms. Breakfast good for Americans (cerials, pancake), I chose some other place to have mine. Outside the hotel is a nice cafe with a good choice of very cheap and tasty cakes. The manager was very helpful with getting me a SIM card and organizing airport transfer. The TV in my room was not ok. The hotel is frequently booked by groups of couples going to Addis for child adoption. Sometimes it reminded me of a kindergarten.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank walter0234
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

I stayed at Addis View several times and I think its one of the best hotels in Addis. The price is really good and the service was great. I am sure that I'll be staying at addis view in the future as well.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends