“Highly Recommended”
Review of Dimitri Hotel

Dimitri Hotel
Ranked #59 of 122 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We spent a night at Dimitri Hotel for a transit from Dar-Es-Salaam to Rome. It was a great experience.
The hotel is clean and the room comfortable, but the greatest thanks goes to the staff.
Extremely friendly and helpful. We had dinner at their restaurant, too...very good!Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emille_naty

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Good value for money and very friendly staff.
Stayed 5 nights.
Location is also good for communicating to town and close to airport.
Excellent wi fi connection which is free.
Convenient also for getting taxis into town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank rwilliamson5
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My husband and I spent three nights in this hotel during a pair of layovers in Addis. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, though there can be a language barrier. We arrived quite late the first night, but even though the kitchen was officially closed, we were cheerfully served a decent pizza and some cold beer. The neighborhood is fine, though it is certainly not in the center of town. We found it quite endearing that when we came back for the second leg of our layover, the young woman at the front desk told us we had been upgraded to a better class of room for free -- and then we were shown to the same room we had stayed in before! The food is fine, and room service comes quickly. We had a problem with our TV the first night, and someone was there to fix it in about 30 seconds. This is a place where there is nothing all that special about the rooms, the amenities, etc., but the people are so kind and trying so hard to make you comfortable, it is nicer than many a higher-priced hotel. I would stay here again, absolutely.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 7 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Yoshinobu F
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Really great experience at this hotel! What made it so special? Simple, it’s the people. The colleagues at the Dimitri Hotel are friendly, helpful, and relaxed - it’s like a family. My friend and I traveled to Addis for vacation / adventure, and unfortunately our plane landed at 5am in Addis – we thought we would have to wait until 3pm to check-in, but to our surprise, we were able to check-in to the room as soon as we arrived and took a nice shower and a nap. The hotel manager helped us arrange a plan for sightseeing and was very knowledgeable – answering all of our questions. Breakfast is included, which is really great, you can tell everything is homemade, and the coffee is really high quality. We also had a lunch at the restaurant, and was amazed at how delicious the food was! The beds are comfy and the room features a flat screen TV with many channels / movies to choose from. The bathroom could be improved, but overall the room is in good condition, and very safe. On our last day, we had a lot of free time, as our flight only left at midnight – and again, the hotel manager offered us to keep the room for as long as we needed to store our stuff, relax, perfect!!! One more good thing to add: when I arrived at the airport, I realized I left my camera at the hotel – desperate to have it back (there were so many memoires of beautiful Addis on the camera) I was happy to find that the Hotel located my camera and had alerted me that it was safe via email. I took a taxi back and quickly picked up the camera. Again, I can not say enough good things about this cute little hotel! Will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank JAXtravel
Reviewed 5 April 2012

very relaxed atmosphere, staff is very professional but friendly and warm in the same time. decent wifi connection. enjoyed watching soccer on tv with locals in the evening. the owner is a very cool lady. price/value the best in addis I guess ..

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank alexcochez
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here mainly because of location near to Ethiopian Management Institute. It met my needs in many ways and exceeded them in a few. In the seven days I stayed, I met six worthwhile people there, among which: the hotel manager-lady who proved very helpful and friendly, especially flexible upon my late checkout. The hotel's approved taxi driver had a safe, clean car and spoke English well enough to be helpful, and four other guests there for business provided good conversation during meals and leisure time. Food and service were good and at flexible hours (note, pizzas were quite good). Television & wifi was acceptable given power failures. Hotel has no lift but friendly staff readily carried my bags upstairs.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the back rooms are likely quieter (traffic) and have a nice mountain view. Front and bac...