“Average in Addis” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
London, United Kingdom
“Average in Addis”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed in a twin room, which was quite large. The hotel has a dated feel but all the basic amenities, that said the internet service was often epileptic. The helpfulness of reception staff varied, however all others were particularly helpful. The buffet breakfast was alright, while the Indian restaurant next door serves delicious food, but beware portions are huge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had the privilege of staying at the Dreamliner Hotel during my recent trip to Addis Ababa. I must confess I was a bit unsure when we arrived, wondering if the location was ideal as I am used to staying in facilities withdrawn form the bustle of a busy African city. I was happy at the pick-up from the airport and proximity of the Hotel to Bole International Airport. Arriving at the front office process was quick enough allowing me access to a reasonably spacious room and with good wifi connection. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the gym which was empty most of the time (to my joy).

The staff were courteous (especially the support staff) willing to assist with directions and advice. My only issues was I ran out of toilet paper towards the end of my stay, something that should not happen to a guest as there should always be an extra roll in the bathroom. Also the breakfast wasn't full of variety as I would have desired. I however did most of my meals away from the hotel so would be unable to authoritatively comment on their food.

In general I was happy at the service and would consider staying there. I would rate theme a 3.5 but can't seem to have that choice on the menu.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for the lovely comment that you wrote during you stay in our hotel also my apology for the little lapses that you experience. However, Rest assured that your comment will be taken seriously and will be relayed to corresponding department heads. Your comments and reviews are highly appreciated for on this we improve our services. I am looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

With High Esteem, we remain.

Romeo A. Co
Dreamliner Hotel
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have a small cramped and unkempt room, experienced consistently lousy food, and got ill and needed emergency care! Whatever you do, if you must stay there, avoid the food, especially the buffet. Not only me, but several of my business colleagues got sick on the food and needed emergency care as well. Very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: I don't know.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barney P
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all let me thank you for exerting an effort to write a comment on our hotel. We appreciate all comments weather its good or bad. It is from there that we can upgrade and improve our services. Also, my sincere apology on the bad experience you had upon staying in the hotel together with your colleagues, but we should have address your concern had you inform us immediately on what had happen not after a year. Anyway, just like like what i said, ever since I took control of the hotel we've been implementing international standard system to improve our services. Please don't let this experience stopped you from patronizing our hotel again in the future for I guarantee you that the next time you visit our hotel you'll see big changes. Please feel free to contact me on my personal email if you have other concerns. My email address is ugr_martinez@yahoo.com.

Best Regards,

Romeo

Travellers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

Toowoomba, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed in a variety of accomadation from backpackers to 5 star hotels in 4 continents and this is by far the worst experience we have ever had. It all started to go downhill, when at arrival I was informed my booking was only for ONE person and that I would have to pay an extra 20 us dollars for my husband in a king size room no less. Considering I had booked 5 airfares and 5 hotel reservation for our holiday I took their word for it. Then I laughed after being sent to a room that was already occupied. I was shocked that a bottle of chilean wine cost $63 US Dollars in the "skylounge" (without a receipt) and was terrified when the barman disappeared down the lift with my credit card. Not to mention I was dumbfounded when he returned and asked for the pin number to my account! The next morning I was nearly as annoyed when I found that not only was only one person registered for breakfast in our room but he was male and italian. After breakfast we decided to walk to the south african airways offices, which highlighted that the hotel is in the slums. the raw sewage running across the street may be off putting to some, but our morning walk was actually the highlight of the two day experience. Later in that afternoon, I then lost my sense of humour when the room service was delivered and despite requesting three times for it to be charged to our room, was informed that I had to pay cash because the docket printer was broken!! But now for the grand finale, my husband went down to organise the airport transfer to be told that they would "order a cab" and that the price for the extra person had gone to $20US PER night. At this point I am past the point of furious. I find the email of my original booking with hotels.com that clearly states 2 people for the booking! Well as you would expect I go to reception and politely go off. Miraculously the orginal booking is confirmed as two persons and the free airport transfer is arranged. All of this would have been written off as experience if it were not for the absolute arrogance of the reception staff who were clearly trying to rip off the independant traveller. This hotel is definately not an ambassodor for Ethiopia. DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vicky j
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for exerting an effort to write a comment regarding your last stay in our hotel. We value each and every comments coming from our guest be it positive or not for this is from where we can improve our services. Also, my sincere apology on a bad experience you had on your stay here in the hotel. Rest assured that the management very serious in taking up step in improving our system based on the points that you've mention so it won't happen again in the future to any of our guest. Please don't let this experience prevent you from patronizing our hotel in the coming days.

Please feel free to contact me on my personal email if you have any other concern. My email address is ugr_martinez@yahoo.com

With Continued High Esteem, We remain,

Romeo A. Co
Ibadan, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel in Addis, the hotel staff were cordial, right from airport pick up, to the reception and room service. The location of the hotel is great for those of us that love to be close to the locals, the street right in front of the hotel is a major city road where most daily items could be sourced, you could also get a few birrs at the reception. the football pitch behind the hotel is quite nice too, the breakfast was good though a bit monotonous as the daily servings are similar.
the wifi is strong and available at the rooms, reception and restaurants.
i will like to stay there agagin when I enter Addis

Room Tip: i will stay on the fifth floor or higher because of noise from the street. there is a city view fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hotel Dreamliner was a choice to stay primarily because of its Indian Restaurant "Zaika" and it was a good decision I should stay. The Hotel is located at just 20 mins from Airport and very easily accessible. It has good amenities except a Swimming Pool and multi cuisine restaurants.

The food at Zaika was really good and the only drawback is that it is not open for Breakfast but is open for Lunch & Dinner. But there is a good buffet breakfast at an international restaurant in the hotel.

The Service is good & you can relax after the days work at the fitness centre along with Steam and Sauna. Wifi is free across the hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a backside room & not the room side. There is an empty large green plot behind the hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

1) Although I called AND sent an email, they didn't pick us up at the airport. After waiting quite a while, I had to find their desk in another terminal to get their rep to call for the shuttle. 2) The restaurant a) gave us the menu for the wrong restaurant and even took an order from it before realizing the mistake; b) gave my wife a different, more expensive item than the one she ordered; c) microwaved the corrected order; d) charged her for the wrong the item; e) took 30 minutes of haranguing, three attempts, and the labor of at least five people to correct the bill. 3) The shower nozzle sprayed all over the bathroom and the shower door was broken. 4) Upon checkout, the hotel tried to make us pay for the incorrect bills from our one meal there, as well as the correct one, for a total of $56.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tracy D
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all my sincere apology for all the inconvenience you had in staying at our hotel. We value each and every comment our guest writes even if its good or bad and we are very serious in improving our services base on these comments. We already called the attention of the concern departments about your complains and we are seriously dealing with it so it would not happen again to any of our future guest. Please don't let this experience stopped you from patronizing our services again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me on my personal email if you have other concerns. My email address is ugr_martinez@yahoo.com.

Best Regards,