“Tired, stay if you must”
Review of Dreamliner Hotel

Dreamliner Hotel
Ranked #59 of 127 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The dreamliner is past its best. Rooms very tired and in need of a good clean and redecoration. No hot water after 8am in the morning. No air conditioning needed to have the window open which makes for a very noisy room. Ate in the Indian restaurant all of our party were ill. Internet connection iffy at best

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Dreamliner has all the basics an hotel should have but you never know if it works and it really depends on which room you get (you may find a shower that is so old that water goes out from the sides, baby cockroaches in the wardrobe or you are on the wrong side of the internet modem). The breakfast is a warm buffet, pretty disappointing for me, but that's all about taste (and I hope you do not like good coffee, 'cause you won't find it here)
Reception staff can be polite and competent, or very much less so.
If you ask for airport pick up and do not see anyone at arrivals just turn on your right and walk to the Dreamliner stand and wait for someone to show up (bring a magazine)
The gym at the top floor is small but functional and with a great view. And there is always hot water and electricity (which it is not a given in other places)
Location wise it is really good, there are a few good restaurants near by.

bottom line, you do not pay for what you get, but it is fine for a week if you have to be in this part of town.

Room Tip: it's a bit of a lottery, good luck
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for for exerting an effort to write a comment on your stay at Dreamliner Hotel. We appreciate all kinds of comments written about our hotel positive or negative ones. However, let's go through your comments one by one. Based on our records you came to our hotel last January 7, 2014 under Caravan tours and stayed only for 3 hours under the day use program. You arrived in our hotel at 10:00Am and stayed in room 508.

1. You mentioned about disappointing breakfast, I am just wondering because as a day use guest for three hours you are not entitled for a buffet breakfast not to mention that when you came breakfast is almost finished. So how can you say that our breakfast is disappointing when you have not tasted it.

2. About the coffee, I maybe wrong but Ethiopian Coffee is considered one of the best coffee in the world. It is one of the reasons why tourist like Ethiopia.

3. You also mentioned about baby cockroaches, we have our scheduled pest control every week this is one of the priority of the company, and I am working here for quite sometime now and this is the first time that a guest complains about roaches so I can assure you that the roaches didn't came from our hotel.

4. About you said regarding our shuttle not being there to pick up our guest, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know guest coming from Caravan tours have their own bus and not using our shuttle service so I am just wondering how can you make a comment again about our shuttle when you had not experience using our shuttle

Nevertheless, all your comments are being taken seriously by the management, it just that, I find it unreasonable that somebody made a comment like yours when all the things that you said is unjustifiable. Please feel free to contact me on my personal email ugr_martinez@yahoo.com if you have further comments and I will be very much happy to listen.

With Continued High Esteem, I Remain,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Situated near the market area, this hotel is known for its Indian restaurant Zaika. The rooms are good and beautifully decorated. The rates are also very reasonable.
Only one has to be careful while moving out in night because the street in front doesn't appear to be very safe.
The food in Zaika is very tasty and a real paradise for Indians living in Addis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed in a twin room, which was quite large. The hotel has a dated feel but all the basic amenities, that said the internet service was often epileptic. The helpfulness of reception staff varied, however all others were particularly helpful. The buffet breakfast was alright, while the Indian restaurant next door serves delicious food, but beware portions are huge.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had the privilege of staying at the Dreamliner Hotel during my recent trip to Addis Ababa. I must confess I was a bit unsure when we arrived, wondering if the location was ideal as I am used to staying in facilities withdrawn form the bustle of a busy African city. I was happy at the pick-up from the airport and proximity of the Hotel to Bole International Airport. Arriving at the front office process was quick enough allowing me access to a reasonably spacious room and with good wifi connection. I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the gym which was empty most of the time (to my joy).

The staff were courteous (especially the support staff) willing to assist with directions and advice. My only issues was I ran out of toilet paper towards the end of my stay, something that should not happen to a guest as there should always be an extra roll in the bathroom. Also the breakfast wasn't full of variety as I would have desired. I however did most of my meals away from the hotel so would be unable to authoritatively comment on their food.

In general I was happy at the service and would consider staying there. I would rate theme a 3.5 but can't seem to have that choice on the menu.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for the lovely comment that you wrote during you stay in our hotel also my apology for the little lapses that you experience. However, Rest assured that your comment will be taken seriously and will be relayed to corresponding department heads. Your comments and reviews are highly appreciated for on this we improve our services. I am looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

With High Esteem, we remain.

Dreamliner Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have a small cramped and unkempt room, experienced consistently lousy food, and got ill and needed emergency care! Whatever you do, if you must stay there, avoid the food, especially the buffet. Not only me, but several of my business colleagues got sick on the food and needed emergency care as well. Very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: I don't know.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barney P
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all let me thank you for exerting an effort to write a comment on our hotel. We appreciate all comments weather its good or bad. It is from there that we can upgrade and improve our services. Also, my sincere apology on the bad experience you had upon staying in the hotel together with your colleagues, but we should have address your concern had you inform us immediately on what had happen not after a year. Anyway, just like like what i said, ever since I took control of the hotel we've been implementing international standard system to improve our services. Please don't let this experience stopped you from patronizing our hotel again in the future for I guarantee you that the next time you visit our hotel you'll see big changes. Please feel free to contact me on my personal email if you have other concerns. My email address is ugr_martinez@yahoo.com.

Best Regards,

Romeo

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed in a variety of accomadation from backpackers to 5 star hotels in 4 continents and this is by far the worst experience we have ever had. It all started to go downhill, when at arrival I was informed my booking was only for ONE person and that I would have to pay an extra 20 us dollars for my husband in a king size room no less. Considering I had booked 5 airfares and 5 hotel reservation for our holiday I took their word for it. Then I laughed after being sent to a room that was already occupied. I was shocked that a bottle of chilean wine cost $63 US Dollars in the "skylounge" (without a receipt) and was terrified when the barman disappeared down the lift with my credit card. Not to mention I was dumbfounded when he returned and asked for the pin number to my account! The next morning I was nearly as annoyed when I found that not only was only one person registered for breakfast in our room but he was male and italian. After breakfast we decided to walk to the south african airways offices, which highlighted that the hotel is in the slums. the raw sewage running across the street may be off putting to some, but our morning walk was actually the highlight of the two day experience. Later in that afternoon, I then lost my sense of humour when the room service was delivered and despite requesting three times for it to be charged to our room, was informed that I had to pay cash because the docket printer was broken!! But now for the grand finale, my husband went down to organise the airport transfer to be told that they would "order a cab" and that the price for the extra person had gone to $20US PER night. At this point I am past the point of furious. I find the email of my original booking with hotels.com that clearly states 2 people for the booking! Well as you would expect I go to reception and politely go off. Miraculously the orginal booking is confirmed as two persons and the free airport transfer is arranged. All of this would have been written off as experience if it were not for the absolute arrogance of the reception staff who were clearly trying to rip off the independant traveller. This hotel is definately not an ambassodor for Ethiopia. DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vicky j
496Romeo_C, General Manager at Dreamliner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for exerting an effort to write a comment regarding your last stay in our hotel. We value each and every comments coming from our guest be it positive or not for this is from where we can improve our services. Also, my sincere apology on a bad experience you had on your stay here in the hotel. Rest assured that the management very serious in taking up step in improving our system based on the points that you've mention so it won't happen again in the future to any of our guest. Please don't let this experience prevent you from patronizing our hotel in the coming days.

Please feel free to contact me on my personal email if you have any other concern. My email address is ugr_martinez@yahoo.com

With Continued High Esteem, We remain,