Afro Land Lodge
  • Pool
US$298
US$213
Hotels.com
Edna Addis Hotel(Addis Ababa)
US$51
Agoda.com
US$126
US$75
US$60
Addis Regency Hotel(Addis Ababa)
US$66
Caravan Hotel(Addis Ababa)
US$62
US$54
Priceline
Addissinia Hotel(Addis Ababa)
US$98
US$82
All reviewsplace to stayhot waterliving roomlaundry servicefeel at homeaddisinternetguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Before leaving on my trip I must admit I had been told a lot of mixed Addis accommodation experiences so I was a little nervious as to what I would encounter. I researched Tripadvisor and based on the reviews I chose Afro Land Lodge.
What the other reviewers experienced is exactly as I found it and I was not disappointed.
The staff , Asseffa, the manager, and all his team were excellent hosts and very helpful in all matters which helped me to find my way through the "Addis complexities" during my visit.
The rooms were large, very clean, everything worked and the breakfast was excellent.The free airport pick up / drop off by Asseffa was an added bonus.
One advantage was that a number of the other guests were also working for NGOs and the networking was great.
I would not hestitate to recommend Afro Land and I see that they now have a 2013 Trip Advisor Excellence Award which is well deserved.

Room Tip: The Receptionists recommended a local taxi driver who I used often and found his prices competitive when compared to others who I first used.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've been in and out of Addis for over 15 years, and Afro Land is by far the best place I've stayed. The rooms are great - big, clean and comfortable, with decent WiFi and room to work and spread out. It's also quiet, though still in a bustling part of town. Staff are fantastic, from the guards outside to the receptionists and hotel manager, and the breakfasts are first rate: cooked to order, good choice, delivered to the room. If you want flashing lights, chintz and pretence, look elsewhere. There are lots of new hotels in Addis that look nice in the pictures, but are shoddily built, fail to deliver the basics and charge extra for stuff that should be covered. Afro Land excels because it remains unpretentious, very comfortable and super-friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed for two nights at Afro Land Lodge in October 2013. The manager was helpful, he even came himself to pick us up from the airport and took us back (invaluable given the lack or multiple street names for the same road in Addis Ababa which makes navigating along the back roads and getting taxis to the right place a logistical nightmare).

The front desk staff were lovely too, although they underestimated the hike in taxi prices charged for farangi (foreigners)!

We read that this hotel is popular with adopting couples, which explains the layout: rooms are large with a bedroom, kitchen and 'living' room area. Breakfast is served in the rooms - there isn't a breakfast area in the hotel - which was a surprise, but lovely to have room service like that and the breakfasts were nice.

Bathrooms had hot water and decent shower pressure - luxury!

Overall, a clean, decently priced hotel in a good part of Addis close to the airport. The rooms are nothing special, but it was a good place to rest your head for a few nights. The area is a bit noisy, not helped by flimsy curtains, but to be honest I wouldn't expect anything else from being in a capital city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Afro Land Lodge for the 2nd time. The accommodation was very spacious,clean and very well serviced. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the Manager Assefa is a very great man & I consider him to be a friend of mine. he have help me through the hard process I was going through with his understanding & thoughts. My Mom, Uncle & myself had a very great time. I highly recommend this hotel for everyone travelling to Addis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Everything was excellent at afroland . The staff is extremely polite and friendly, welcoming, nice. Their hospitality is beyond expectations. The manager is very helful, the rooms are very clean and comfortable and the breakfast is fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers, solo and as well as family vacationers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business