“I loved it!”
Review of Cottage Restaurant & Pub - CLOSED

Cottage Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: It's in the most recent Lonely Planet guide, page 100.
Addis Ababa
“I loved it!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I took my girl for dinner up here and she loved me more than she used to..lol. The place is so elegant and neat. Candles can be put on your table as well as roses. you are allowed to reserve in advance. Great parking spot as well.

Visited May 2013

Suffolk
“Closed”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great surprise. After more than 30 years eating at this restaurant I found to my great disappointment that the The Cottage has closed. This restaurant, along with Castellis was the only place to eat during the Derg and was the centre of activity for the expat society who were working in Addis during this period. Great shame

• Visited December 2013
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Demolishing the best restaurant in Addis!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I rarely review restaurants but this is to report, sad to report that one of the oldest, historical and excellent resto in addis is going to be demolished in a week time!!!
The could never go wrong going to this great/oldrestaurant..even though it is an old but exquisite cuisine!
The pepper steak, the lasagna, the cordon blue ...we're my favorites not to mention the bar and the service.
We have so much history in this place... Our parents favorite place...It is going to be missed!

Humm what I'am going to tell my kids?

Visited September 2013
Xiamen, China
“For years one of my favorite restaurants in Addis”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have dined in the cottage for may times over the last 14 years, i have never been disappointed, great atmosphere, excllent service and good food, top that of with a good selection of drinks and you know you are in for a great night out. Besides their fabulous fondue, the other dishes on the menu are great in taste and value.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Timeless”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had been here before on a previous visit to my second home Addis Ababa. I love this place hidden away on Menelik Ave close to the Ghion hotel. From the moment you walk in the service is typically Ethiopian attentive and helpful. The menu had good selection of dishes for most tastes and is well cooked and presented, so if your looking for a break from Ethiopian traditional food pay it a visit.

• Visited September 2013