“This Restaurant Is No Longer Thare”
Review of Cottage Restaurant & Pub - CLOSED

Cottage Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: American, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: It's in the most recent Lonely Planet guide, page 100.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“This Restaurant Is No Longer Thare”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Restaurant Is Demolished and the Owner Plane a High rise Building . according to the City Master Plan. please don't go there. This Page also no Loger Necessary.

Visited July 2014

North Berwick, United Kingdom
“An icon has been demolished”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Sadly the quirky Cottage with its British comfort food and original London pub interior has gone and no more can I have my liver and mash for Sunday lunch in what is as close to an English pub atmosphere as exists in this part of the world.

• Visited September 2013
Addis Ababa
“I loved it!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I took my girl for dinner up here and she loved me more than she used to..lol. The place is so elegant and neat. Candles can be put on your table as well as roses. you are allowed to reserve in advance. Great parking spot as well.

Visited May 2013
Suffolk
“Closed”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great surprise. After more than 30 years eating at this restaurant I found to my great disappointment that the The Cottage has closed. This restaurant, along with Castellis was the only place to eat during the Derg and was the centre of activity for the expat society who were working in Addis during this period. Great shame

• Visited December 2013
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Demolishing the best restaurant in Addis!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I rarely review restaurants but this is to report, sad to report that one of the oldest, historical and excellent resto in addis is going to be demolished in a week time!!!
The could never go wrong going to this great/oldrestaurant..even though it is an old but exquisite cuisine!
The pepper steak, the lasagna, the cordon blue ...we're my favorites not to mention the bar and the service.
We have so much history in this place... Our parents favorite place...It is going to be missed!

Humm what I'am going to tell my kids?

Visited September 2013