“Is Muya fair trade or not?”

Muya Ethiopia P.L..C
Ranked #10 of 13 Shopping in Addis Ababa
new york
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Is Muya fair trade or not?”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I visited Muya PLC last week and found the textiles beautiful and the compound shady and inviting. They do not take credit cards. From the web site I thought they were fair trade, and in fact the workers are in rather comfortable surroundings but some of the weavers told me that they are paid very very low wages and they work very long hours. I dont know what to think about this.

Visited February 2011
4 Thank Bindele

• Hungarian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Not easy to find, but worth it!”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The Muya workshop is a beautiful arrangement of a showroom and workrooms for traditional Ethiopian textiles and crafts. Even my Ethiopian coworkers compliment me on the scarves and furniture I have for them! Definitely the number one place to shop for high quality souvenirs to bring home to your family and friends!

7 Thank AViaganteSemPorto