“Exquisite stay”

Addis Regency Hotel
Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Everything was clean. Staff were excellent. The room was spacious. Cleaning staff were regular. Everything worked correctly. The nights were quiet allowing me enough sleep. The breakfast buffet was absolutely delicious with an eclectic choices of food on offer. The security was top-notch. Staff were very attentive to all my needs. The general manager, Mekonnen K/Mariam, was very kind to me as, when I arrived, I was very sick with the flu. A few days after staying at the Addis Regency Hotel I was up and running again. I won't soon forget this hotel and its excellence in terms of customer service and the amenities on offer. I will definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Second floor is really good, no noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had stayed once before at the Addis Regency a couple of years ago. Hotel still is an outstanding establishment. They have added lifts that made the visit this time more pleasant. Management and staff are stll very motivated and friendly.Clean inside out. Great Place !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the Addis Regency for about a week and half while in Ethiopia for a school project. This became my home away from home, and I would describe the hotel as "simple elegance." It was comfortable, the staff was attentive, and the bar was always open. You won't find the frills of a larger hotel like the Sheraton, but that's actually what I liked about the place. Cabs aren't as familiar with this hotel and as there are no street numbers in Addis you might encounter some trouble trying to explain to people where it is. I wound up relying on a few known taxi drivers who were familiar with the hotel. The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel a 5 is the fact that there was no ATM on-site. There is an ATM close by, but I would have loved one on-site. All in all, it's a great place. I honestly wish there were an Addis Regency in every city!

Room Tip: There's a small gym on the 5th floor. Small but it gets the job done.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I like this hotel but more than that I love the people who work there. They are friendly and try to help always. I had a tummy bug towards the end of my stay and the staff mollycoddled me and got me back to health with a local remedy, very caring! The room was comfortable and very clean, the bed was as though it had been ironed every morning and the bathroom spotless. The restaurant could do with some more variety in the menu - I made a few suggestions to the owner. There were some renovation works ongoing when I was there but this did not disturb me too much. Overall this is a place I would recommend to anyone spending some time in Addis. It was a perfect base for exploring the city and the hotel helped to arrange transport around the tourist sights. I was also collected from the airport which is only around 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and got one on the first floor towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Addis Regency on 2 separate occasions during the same trip for a total of 3 nights. After spending 2.5 weeks in Ethiopia, Addis Regency is easily the best hotel we’ve stayed at in the country.

The front desk was helpful, courteous and very receptive to our requests – whether it was to schedule a shuttle to the airport, inquiries about local sights or walking directions.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is also the best we’ve had during our stay in Ethiopia. We also tried a lunch and dinner at the hotel’s restaurant and was very pleased with the quality of the food.

The only potential downfall of the hotel is that it’s a good 15-20 minutes from the airport. During our return to Addis a day prior to our flight out of the country, we considered staying at a hotel closer to the airport. Given some not-so-great experiences at hotels elsewhere, we decided not to risk it and stuck with Addis Regency. We don’t regret that decision.

Should we return to Addis in the future, we would not hesitate to stay at the Addis Regency Hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Addis Regency at the beginning and end of our 2.5 weeks around Ethiopia. It was definitely the best hotel we stayed at among all the ones around the country. Addis Regency has the best breakfast, the most reliable airport transfers and the most efficient and friendly service.

After touring around Ethiopia and experiencing some subpar levels of service at various hotels, we were looking forward to returning to Addis Regency.

The only con with the hotel would be the location. It is a little far out from main parts of town and there aren't as many restaurants within easy walking distance. However the comfort and level of service provided by the hotel outweigh the minor inconvenience.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reliable, consistent and comfortable hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babycakes
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great service and really great food. It is lovely place to stay for business or pleasure. I have stayed here twice and both times I was very pleased with my stay. Good walk to piazza area. I would highly recommend Addis Regency

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business