“OK food”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Trier
“OK food”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The food in Shaheen is just ok, especially if you consider it is in the Sheraton Addis. There was nothing wrong with the meal itself and the ambiance is also ok. The point is that a restaurant in a five star property should be top class, and that is not the case with Shaheen, hence only the three points in the rating.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank AlexanderDH

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Indian Restaurant in Ethiopia”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Shaheen serves the most amazing Indian food. The food is prepared fresh (so it may take time) bit it is worth the wait. The lamb vindaloo and the chicken thika masala are my favorite. They also do tandoori chicken very well.

Visited December 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Not very convincing Indian food”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The restaurant is located within Sheraton Addis. The food is alright and the chef has tried to bring the taste of India to Ethiopia, but given the location within a premium Sheraton property - the food is really not up to the mark.

Visited October 2013
Bedford, Canada
“Excellent Indian Restaurant at the Sheraton Addis”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Shaheen is a small Indian restaurant in the Sheraton Addis Hotel. Three of us dined there on our last night in Addis, and had the best meal we experienced on our trip. We tried a number of different curries which were all excellent.

Service was a little slow, but very friendly and helpful. The Sheraton is the best hotel in Addis and Shaheen is a great part of this hotel.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SScapades
Dallas, Texas
“Some of the World's Best Indian food in Addis”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Let me start this review by saying that I have eaten here twice in the past two years. Each time has been at the end of a week-long trip in Ethiopia where I have sustained myself on pretty "average" Ethiopia fare. That being said, my taste buds were likely itching for something "familiar" by the time I got to Shaheen each time... ;)

The service, prices and portions here are pretty average. But the quality of the food more than makes up for it. 10 of us at here and decided to order "family style" so we could choose as many of the items on the menu to sample as we could. I really wish I could remember all of the dishes we tried, and their specific names, but I cannot. We had tandoor chicken, lamb, beef, and a great vegetable dish - and of course copious amounts of naan!

This is a great place to come visit if you are spending a good amount of time in Addis / Ethiopia. The Sheraton Hotel is very impressive, and the food at Shaheen is, again, some of the best quality Indian food I have ever had in any country.

BTW, we ordered a $50 USD bottle of wine, waters and sodas for all of us, and we dined for around $18 per person total. That's not too bad at all!

• Visited July 2013