“Interesting seating and good food”
Review of Bait Al Mandi

Bait Al Mandi
Ranked #12 of 288 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: We Serve Traditional Arabic food: Rice, Lamb, Bedu rice with lamb. Superior Lamb broth Appetizers: Hummus, Hummus with Meat, Mutabal, Salads, Juices: Lemonade,Mintade, various fruit Juices House Complimentary: Arabic Spiced Tea
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have seen this restaurant for months now and finally went with friends. We had a shared plate with PLENTY of food for the 6 of us. It was in-expensive and a very enjoyable evening.

Each room seems to have a separate theme which adds to the charm.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was in Addis for 6 days and figured that I'd be eating Ethiopian food most days so I wanted something different one night. I'd never eaten Yemen food before so gave it a try. It took awhile to figure out how to get to the dining room (it's up two flights of stairs) but once we arrived it looked quite nice. The restaurant was mostly empty so we had half the room to ourselves. The services was good even though I suspect that the server didn't understand a lot of English. We opted for the "combo" dinner (which was supposed to serve 3 people...there were two of us) and there was plenty of food. The meats were flavorful though it was someone tricky to get some of the meat off the bones. The fish on the platter was excellent (but did contain some bones). All and all, it was a pleasant dinner in a type of restaurant that you just don't see in many places in the world. We also had the lemon juice and probably would have preferred the mango or one of the other flavors as it was quite tart.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is an excellent mandi restaurant in Adis Ababa. Great Yemeni cuisine. We ordered chicken mandi and meat mandi & hummus. All were very good and tasted great. The staff is very cordial and had a good time having lunch there with biz guests. A must visit place if you are in Addis.

Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Great place. I eat here every Friday. Hummus, mofo and the tibbs are my favorite. The service is top notch.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I've been here often, and the food is always fantastic. Mainly meats but there's some good fish and excellent hummus, and the prices are pretty good.

1  Thank Kai L