“Hotel close to Airport - Nice Manager”
Review of Tizeze Hotel

Tizeze Hotel
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
rabat
“Hotel close to Airport - Nice Manager”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The hotel is close to the airport. It is relatively clean but the internet was very spotty when I was there and made doing work really hard - to be fair, I think much of it was related to the blackouts which I believe were regional. The room I had did not have a very nice smell, as the bathroom had had some work done in it and it smelled funny, so I kept the bathroom door closed. The staff were incredibly polite and friendly and the hospitality of the Manager was fantastic. In fact it really is the people there that made the stay nice, it took what I would normally consider a very below average hotel, and made it a good experience. Another disappointment was that they sent an airport shuttle to pick me up from the airport and I could not find the shuttle and had to take a taxi to the airport, and though they promised to reimburse me for it, they never did. They also promised not to charge me for late check out and then they did - so like I said, a couple of things that were a bit annoying, but the food was good, though a little on the expensive side, and the staff was incredibly warm, especially the woman manager at night.

Room Tip: Order the Fish roll - it is very good - and despite being expensive by Ethiopian standards, well wor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank moroccannproud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were just stopping briefly in Addis on our way for a holiday in the North. The Tizeze hotel was perfect for our needs. The free airport shuttle (both ways) was quick and efficient, we had a lovely welcome when we arrived, the food was tasty, all the staff incredibly helpful and the beds comfy. I particularly liked the duvet!
The proximity to the airport (<5mins away by car) makes it ideal for stopovers.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed 10 Days at Another hotel in Addis before coming to the Tizeze, and what a difference. It is clean very quiet and comfortable. The location is a bitt "off" but close to the airport and taxis are cheap. The neighborhood is nice for a walk. Breakfast is good to be in Addis

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TAMember05022014
Santander and London
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Very easy check in and we were each given a nice bottle of water. Very welcome after a long journey. Spacious bedroom and a huge comfortable bed. Staff we encountered were all extremely friendly and helpful. Very good WIFI. Transfer to and from the airport was excellent. We enjoyed both dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Topxi
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 28 October 2013

A very nice small hotel near the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Comfortable rooms, good internet, nice lobby cafe/bar and very clean. The manager and staff really went out of the way to make sure our stay was comfortable. I told them that they need to go over to the Hilton and train their staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miotoni
Giza, Egypt
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at Tizeze for a week last September on a business trip. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. But once I was there, I discovered many other reasons for it to be my hotel of choice in Addis.

Friendly, sincere and always handy with a smile, the Tizeze staff were the most pleasent surprise for me. They attend you with unassuming attentiveness and delivers effortlessly. They absolutely made my stay a pleasure.

The room is fairly big and satisfyingly clean. Free internet (fast enough and works most of the time) was a welcome surprise. The neighborhood is tranquil and unique to say the least. But if you are into the hustle and bustle of city life, then this hotel is not for you. For me though, this was a bliss.

As for the food, I peg to differ with one of the posted reviews. The food is really good, and the variety is acceptable. What really makes the restaurant unique is there is no open buffet. You order your breakfast, lunch or dinner and they happily prepare it. I especially like the freshly backed bread and exotic fruit juices. I even asked for some black lentils which wasn't available, only to find it prepared specially for me on the next breakfast.

What even makes all of the above so special is the very good rate, a feat you seldom find with such level of hotel hospitality.

I would not hesitate to recommend Tizeze to anyone planning to stay in Addis.

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the backyard. The view is amazing. Otherwise, I think all the rooms are quie...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
sharjah
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week while on a business trip to Addis. Hotel is close to airport. Clean and reasonably big rooms. This is a new hotel.

Breakfast was average, dinner at the restaurant was also very bad. Good place to stay, but for eating go elsewhere. Unfortunately there are no restaurants nearby, But the hotel will give you transport to bole for restaurants if you are a group.

I selected this because most of my biz related work was at the cargo terminal of AA airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business