“Affordable stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Queen of Sheba Hotel
Ranked #101 of 124 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel has a good contact person at the Airport and that is how we found ourselves at the hotel.
The bedroom was sizeable, it was nice to have a living room and separate bedroom.
Tv was good but not enough variety of channels to watch.
The meal variety was quite limited - both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marianne W

Reviewed 15 September 2012

My stay at queen was excellent. Huge rooms, good wifi connection, abundant breakfast, travel agency and forex bureau with fair rates inside the premises, shuttle to and from the airport, fair price (89$ per night per room). The only dark point is the bar, too slooooow service, and the restaurant rather expensive comparing to the excellent places around the town!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This is pretty decent hotel in Addis. I was here for business, the rooms are fine, ask for one at the back for a quieter one. Food is ok, breakfast pretty generous. My only criticism is that when we arrived, they told us the price had gone up by 30 dollars. So it was more expensive than we thought it would be, and we would have stayed elsewhere had we known. But for a business hotel, hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back, away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I highly recommend this hotel for even long stays in Addis Ababa. All rooms are suites and are well maintained. Some rooms even have a kitchenette for people who would like to cook in their rooms,especially if you are in Addis for business or work. It is close to many nice restaurants and shopping areas and travel to more touristy areas can also be made by using taxi or blue minibus, if you enjoy traveling with many "normal" Ethiopians. The staff members of the hotel are very friendly and corteous and breakfast is also included in the rooms price. Keep this nice hotel in mind if you are on your way to Addis Ababa.

Room Tip: Ask for room 208 if you love big balcony. Get a room away from the road (mountain view)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Farzad_60
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed at the QoS for almost 2 months whilst working in Addis. The rooms are a little dated but the beds are really comfortable, the sheets are crispy cotton and there's spare pillows and blankets. I stayed in a slightly better room at around $79 nightly that had a small working kitchen and sitting room, just like a flat, good for a long stay. You get nice views over Addis and the surrounding hills if you have a room at the back.
Breakfasts are fine - if there's lot's of guests it's a buffet, if not you just order what you need. The cook takes some care over the food and you can get a nice meal at the bar. The slightly surreal Queen of Sheba fountain in the bar is a sight to behold.
There was wireless internet on my floor which worked most of the time - that's an Ethionet problem rather than anything to do with the hotel. No DSTV though.
Staff are consistently friendly and the hotel is efficiently run.
The hotel is in an OK area with supermarkets and other places to eat or have a coffee close by, also a working ATM up the road. Try the Chinese restaurant next door.
Recommended and good value.

Room Tip: Choose a suite - not much more - and worth the extra space
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed at the Queen of Sheba the Easter before last following a few weeks travelling around the country with my husband's sister, who was working for VSO in northern Ethiopia at the time. Having roughed it for most of the trip and my getting ill half way through we wanted to finish the trip in comfort. Our room was a very good size and clean. The food was fine, probably good in comparison to many places we'd eaten at. The in house masseuse had an interesting idea of personal boundaries! There was some of the staff directing their conversation to my husband rather than me, but this was typical throughout the country. The one thing that upset me very much at the time, and has caused me to mark the hotel down, was their response to my getting mugged very close to the hotel. I received no injury but asked that they contact the police and they decided not to without consulting me. I don't believe the police would have responded, or done anything about it, but at the time it would have been of comfort to me to feel like I'd done something proactive about the situation. So, an adequate hotel, need to think about safety and their response to such things.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Taniwha_Blue
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I've been staying at the Queen of Sheba on regular trips to Addis over the last five years. It is a little dated, the breakfasts are not the best, and the internet connection was occasionally erratic. Having said all that, for USD79, where else can you find clean, vast suite-type rooms with hot water, huge beds, and great, friendly service? Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business