“Probably one of the better hotels in Libreville”

Le Meridien Re-Ndama
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Libreville
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed there in the past week. Probably one of the better hotels in Libreville.

I can recommend it.

Sure, it has some points that may need improvement: a/c was not fantastic/ hot water not available in my shower at 15:00, a-la-carte restaurant on Friday night had some bad points (poor lamb chops instead of the ordered entrecote) and some good points (smoked salmon, beautifully presented).

But: some other very, very good points too: fantastic buffet diner on my Thursday night, with all sorts of nice starters choices, for a reasonable price. The fish was great!

Breakfast buffet in the morning is not cheap, but has a good choice and an omelet and crepe counter.

May I especially say a praise to the staff; one of their (probably junior) young lady members of restaurant staff showed exceptional attention to detail and service (within 3 seconds she replaced a client's fork, when it fell on the ground), apart from having a very keen eye to any clients' restaurant needs. Well done, young lady!

The hotel has a nice pool and exercise room; both of whom I didn't use, but were used by other guests.

It is a shame the beach is not used, but it needs a clean up. Actually the area in front of the hotel is probably one of the cleaner area's around, so this is not a hotel problem, but a Libreville problem. (please Meridien: do try not to leave bin bags on the beach, across the little walls..)

As I said: I can recommend the hotel and hope to stay there again next year.

Walter

PS: Some locals seem to agree: Two lavish marriage party's were held on both of the nights I stayed, excellently organised. I had the pleasure to personally congratulate one of the newly wed couples.

PPS: On my stay there was a vendor with some beautiful woodwork in the hotel. I bought some (after light negotiations). Nice guy, nice stuff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Walter F.

We would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your positive review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We really appreciate your comments about our restaurant and our services as well.
Also regarding the A/C as for the rest of the facilities, we are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014 and A/C will be totally redone.
We will advice to continue our efforts to improve our services and our organisation to host events in our property as marriage party's.

We hope to welcome and to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a hard hotel to review, because there are some good points and bad points.

I checked in early morning(0515) and having already been checked in earlier as I'm part of a flight crew so the hard part was already done!! I get to my room on the second floor and my colleagues key doesn't work, he went down to reception to get it re-issued. I put my stuff in my room next door and watched his baggage, then my key didn't work again, back down to reception for my key re-issued and also my internet password which hadn't been set up although I was assured it had been!!

I take a shower, beneath a big re-plastered wet patch on the ceiling, The water was a tan colour but eventually lighten up after 30seconds.

I go down to breakfast before I get some sleep, and this was very nice, lots of fresh fruit and pastries and lots of choice, with a view of pool and sea.

The hotel corridors where rooms are tired, very noisy during the day with workmen, banging doors, chatting VERY annoying when DND sign is on door and I'm trying to sleep!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear NeilMat,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
Would you please accept our sincere apologise about the poor experience that you have encounter during you stay with us, especially regarding your key and the noise in the corridors.
We will improve our services and we are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014. We have noted your positive comment about the breakfast and will share with the team of the restaurant.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologise and hope to see you again.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you very soon,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

After a bumpy start, I expected more, I came to realize that service is not high on the agenda of most places in Libreville. So I adjust my expectations.

The staff are very friendly, try to accommodate me as I cannot speak any French.
Don't expect too much of the rooms, its dated and need refurbishment,

Best pillows of any Hotel I've stayed in so far, so I always had a good night sleep.

Make sure you sign up to the SPG program, you earn points and get water for free in your room.

Everything is expensive, but so is everything out in town. For me as a South African that are used to get food at cheap prices, this was a shock, but there is a few nice places to eat outside around the Hotel area.

I will suggest Tivoli for a very nice Pizza, walking distance from the Hotel

I can recommend this Hotel, just don't expect 5 star service although you will get that from the guys greeting you at your car when arriving, also staff at the front is very helpful, but they cannot do much more as the rest of the service staff does not support their effort.

Hope my review help someone

Enjoy Libreville, look past the things you don't like and see the beauty of things around you. You can still walk safely around city center and that's a bonus on its own.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 5th floor and have a view of the sea...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Kobus P,

We will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, especially with the front desk. We were glad to know that you had a good sleep. We are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014 and the rooms will be totally redone.

We hope th see you again very soon.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you again,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Don't know what the other reviews are talking about. The hotel is very nice, far exceeding most African capitals' standards and easily on par with any other international location as well. Staff are super friendly and helpful,in a casual neighborly way, even if your French is not up to par! I stayed here in 2007 as well, always a good experience. ROoms are large, recently renovated, contemporary tasteful design, etc. Lobby bar is a bit sad - but then there's lots more interesting to do in town anyway! Wouldn't hesitate to stay again anytime.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Good Morning,

We would like to thank you for your positive review, it's much appreciated.

We hope to see you again very soon and will do our best to give you a very good experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Unfortunately there is currently not much choice in Libreville. The Meridien tries hard but doesn't quite make it. The staff were helpful and courteous but the decor was tired and shabby. The pool water was such an awful shade of green that I didn't risk having a dip for fear of contracting something. Good gym and nice restaurant. I enjoyed the food, although I was irritated by the 'on duty chef' who hovered at my shoulder whenever I was browsing through the buffet, very strange. The rooms were comfortable, with just the occasional cockroach and the aircon and wifi worked well (although as always with Meridien hotels, you have to pay extra to have wifi in your room)

Room Tip: Take a ball of string, this hotel has a very complicated layout. Book early as it is always full, as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Good morning,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel.
Would you please accept our sinceres apologises about your experience that you have encounter. However, we shall share your positive comments about the restaurant , the food, the fitness and our courteous staff.
Thanks again for your review, this will help us in our on-going efforts to improve on our guest satisfaction.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you again,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel is worn down, and no where near the standard of other Le Meridien properties.

Was upgraded to the top floor, but room was worn down, and didn't have proper aircondition.
The bar could be nice, but it was full of smokers, and mosquitoes were all over - not what you want in a malaria area.

LIbreville does not have a lot of good ideas, but still there are no reason to stay at the Le Meridien, besides the SPG points.. not value for money

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your review about our hotel. I was very sorry to read the poor experience that you have encounter during your stay with us. Would you please accept our sincere apologise and I will share your comments with the rest of our team and our hotel staff. Also regarding the A/C, as for the rest of the facilities, we are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014 and A/C will be totally redone. We will advice to improve the non smoking area, already available, in our bar.
Otherwise, the treatment against mosquitoes is regulary made within our hotel and we planned to strengthen it with the beginning of the dry season which highlights in a important way in this region this issue. We make every effort to decrease the presence of mosquitoes and take with the biggest consideration your comment about this subject.
Once again would you please accept our sincere apologise and we hope to see you very soon.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you again, I remain at your disposal for any further information you may need.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Don't stay in 1020. You can hear the elevators going up and down. It is like people who live close to a train station - you will getbused to it! Honestly it was quite disturbing.

I had some internet problem in the beginning, but they were quick to help.

Inwould have liked to sit in the lobby bar, but too smoked for me! Looking forward to the European rules of non-indoor smoking! (Hoping).

Fitness room is ok - enough for any type,of training.

Room not clean and worne down.

Room Tip: Don' stay in 1020
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stoffert
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for your review about our hotel and I was sorry to read about the poor experience that you have encounter during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologise and I will share your comments with our team and hotel staff.
Also regarding to the room as the rest of the facilities, we are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologise and I hope to see you again.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you very soon,