“Very tired hotel”

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Libreville
Loango National Park, Gabon
“Very tired hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

If I had been blindfolded at Libreville airport and taken to this hotel there is no way I would have known that this hotel belonged to the Le Merdian group. Having said that it is unfortunately one of the better hotels in Libreville so that probably says more about the place than the hotel. So if you want an overpriced room that would struggle to get 3 star rating anywhere else this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Make sure you book in advance it may not be great but it is busy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel and I was sorry to read the poor experience that you have encounter during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologise. Also regarding our hotel, we are planning the full renovation and the hotel will be totally redone.

Best Regars,

Director Of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Muscat
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

ok so it's a little tired, a little shabby and rough, but there are plans I think to renovate this year. I stayed for quite a while (+2 months). Although the rooms are quite dated, the beds I have had were very comfortable. The breakfasts are good, the dinner buffets are as well, although I do miss the outdoor poolside buffet which I used to enjoy but appear to have been stopped. Most of the staff are nice and friendly once you try a little french. The pool is nice and normally very quiet apart from weekend afternoons. Some of the outdoor pool and patio staff could do with smiling and actually serving a bit more. Internet is now much better than when I first arrived. It is quite expensive though and quite how they can justify the price of a bottle of Regab is beyond me.
All in all though, not too bad for where it is.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Good Morning,

We would like to thank for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We have noted with pleasure your positive comment about the breakfast, the dinner and our friendly team. We also thank you for having to notice the improvement of our internet service. The buffet at Eliwa Restaurant, poolside, will be done during the dry season from June to September and we will continue to improve our service.
As you said, we are planning the full renvoation of our hotel and all of our rooms will be totally redone.

We hope to welcome and to serve again very soon.

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel is located on the main road but not in the center of the town where the shopping is. But not far away either and can be walked or a quick taxi. On a normal review, I would not give this hotel a couple of stars at the most. It is truly overpriced, not very well taken care of, completely worn out and not that comfortable. But this is Africa. I have been to almost every country on the continent. The prices are very expensive for ALL HOTELS. Why? Because only tourists and business people stay in them because the general African population certainly does not. Therefore they completely jack up the prices and the services and amenities are usually not that good. But the place is secure. Security in Africa is worth a fortune because every single person there that sees a foreigner sets their sights on separating you from the money you have in your pocket, no matter how little. This hotel is fairly secure. Not perfectly secure but pretty secure and safe feeling for the 2 days I was there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Good evening,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We are planning the full renovation of our hotel in 2014 and we will improve our product and our service as well to welcome and to serve you in a better condition.
Would you please accept our sincere apologise.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Positives: airport shuttle, WiFi, lobby, slippers
Negatives: outdated interior, evidence of water damage, dirty sheets (read mold), unclear water from tap, ants, no Ethernet connection in the room, electrical sockets that aren't properly installed into the wall.
The LeMeridian is not on par
Positives: lobby, WiFi, slippers, room size
Negatives: ants, dirty linen (read mold on the pillowcase, yellow stains on sheets,outdated interior, water damage, electrical sockets that come out the wall, pre pay, no Ethernet outlet
This Le Meridian is not keeping up with brand standards. I'll admit I was worried after I read the reviews and I wanted to stay at Le Cristal but sigh it was booked. Since this hotel was on my company's list of approved hotels I figured it couldn't be too bad. The hotel is located next to a sketchy patch of beach but I already decided I would stick by the pool...no big deal. The lobby was very nice and I was thinking maybe the reviewers got it wrong. Then I headed to my room on the neglected Starwood preferred guest floor. The water damage outside the room was foreshadowing of the joy to come. A 1970 blue tile bathroom and equally dreadful drapes. The water damage on the wall was painted over with yellow paint and bulging outwards. I killed two ants by the tea selection and decided it wasn't the best place to keep my bags. I pull back the sheets and they're dirty. I called to get them changed..No luck. To top it all off they made me pre pay at check-in despite my vehement disapproval as my card is already on file so I can't jump ship to a better hotel. The straw that broke the camel's back is the lack of an Ethernet cable. How on earth am I going to setup my Apple TV now? Thankfully it's just for one day and I can suck it up. Being in Africa is no excuse for poor standards. I've been to an African Hilton and it's on par with American Hiltons. So the lower your expectations pep talk should never be given as advice when staying at a brand that considers itself 4 star. Needless to say, I'll book in advance and stay at a top rated hotel if I ever come back.

• Stayed February 2014
Good evening,

We would like to thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologise about the poor experience that you have encounter during your stay with us. We are in progress to enhance Ethernet in our guest rooms, we are planning the full renovation of our hotel as well.
We will advice to resolve ASAP the water damage. Once again would you please accept our sincere apologise and we hope to see you again to have the opportunity to give you a better experience.

Director Of Sales

Travellers are raving about these Libreville hotels

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

It must have been een great hotel and may well be the best in town still, considering that the Air France crews always stay here, but it needs a serious renovation. Housekeeping is not consistent and it would be good if it would step up at least one level of cleanliness. Used wine glasses stay where they are, only one towel is changed even if both are used and no daily replenishment of water bottles.
The restaurant however serves a good variety of dishes and most of it, especially the local Capitaine is highly recommendable. The staff is friendly however a bit obligatory and is often very limited in English, both speaking and understanding.
The one thing that is really annoying is the Internet. It's free but you are disconnected when inactive for some time and it doesn't keep your login details. There are different areas of service for which you have to log in every single time, even when at the same floor or no obvious change of area and I didn't have a signal in one area of my room.... the bed.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Mr. Peter V,

We would like to thank for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama and would please accept our sincere apologise about the hosekepping and internet as well. We will advice to improve the connexion of internet to resolve this issue and will advice also to improve the quality of our housekeeping.
We really appreciate your comments about the restaurant and especially regarding the local Capitaine.
We are planning the full renovation of the hotel this year and we are planning a program of english training for the team.

We hope to welcome and to serve you again very soon.

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Le Meridien Re-Ndama twice in December and January with the most recent visit seven days ago. Prior to arriving at this property, I read many negative reviews of Le Meridien Re-Ndama and, therefore, had minimal expectations - especially as I have traveled extensively for many years throughout Africa.

Without question, this hotel is exceptional in every respect. Our room on the sixth floor and on the fifth floor were outstanding by any international standard worldwide. Our rooms were spacious, well lit, with comfortable beds, and an excellent bathroom. Everything worked perfectly. The rooms are beautifully decorated with a real African flair. The restaurant is also first rate and well worth a visit even if you are staying elsewhere.

What really makes Le Meridien Re-Ndama truly among the very best hotels, worldwide, is the extraordinary level of service. The foreign senior managers, the Gabonese senior managers, and the entire Gabonese staff are so incredibly kind and gracious. The kindness and graciousness we experienced at Le Meridien Re-Ndama is genuine - a reflection of the wonderful Gabonese people we met everywhere in our two weeks of traveling through Gabon. Indeed, Gabon is one of the friendliest countries in the world.

If you want the best in terms of accommodations, food, service, and hospitality, then your hotel of choice in Libreville can only be Le Meridien. And, no - I am not related to or personal friends with anyone at this hotel or at Starwood. I am a demanding and experienced business traveler. The senior management team and everyone working at Le Meridien Re-Ndama do, however, become your friends after a stay at this hotel because they are all so genuinely wonderful and kind.

I have only the highest recommendation for this outstanding hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms are priced on floors according to their size and date of renovation. All room rates are...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter L
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Mr. Peter L.

We really appreciate your positive comments and we thank you very much for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We will share with our team your comments and we will continue to improve our services to welcome and to serve our guests.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is arguably one of the oldest hotels in the Gabonese capital and as such, it has aged putting it a bit out of fashion.
The rooms are relatively large and the hotel has very decent restaurant and meeting area facilities. The central city location is very good but this may have taken away the possibility of having large areas for gulfing of just walking.
Given the above, the hotel needs serious total renovation to re-qualify as a good 4/5 star facility. As it is now, it is a mere 3 start hotel.
However, the main restaurant opposite the lobby is fabulous and serves a variety of delicious dishes (both local and international). Do not miss the buffet breakfast! Libreville's restaurants have good reputation for culinary excellence.
Good for business and family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank brakaba
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Brakaba,

We thank you for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We are planing the full renovation of the hotel in 2014. We have noted your positive comment about the restaurant, the dishes and the buffet breakfast, and we will share it with our team.

We hope to see you again very soon.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you, we wish you Happy New Year.