“VERY GOOD AND CLEAN HOTEL”

The African Regent Hotel
Ranked #6 of 91 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I travel many times during for the buissnes to Accra . this time i choose The African Regent Hotel and i was really suprice.All over was perfect from the check in to the rooms. Every day they change us our towel and clean our room they give me a feeling that this is the priorety and of course i have to say well done !!! I have to Thank all the guys there specialy the Houskeeping and His manager they make a excellent job.
Of course i will Recoment this Hotel to my friends and collegues .
i will be back soon

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Koulousias,

Greetings from all of us at The African Regent Hotel. We are happy and further motivated to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments to Housekeeping will be passed on and shared with the entire Housekeeping team.

Thank you for your comment and we are glad you made it back home safely.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had the opportunity to spend a night at the African regent hotel about two months ago during a short business meeting. I must say it was a wonderful experience. Located in an emerging business district in Accra; 5 minutes drive from the city's airport and the Accra mall, its very convenient .The food was to die for and i had the pleasure of trying exquisite cuisines from a renowned chef. The lobby was very neat and the stuff also very cheerful and welcoming. The room was exceptionally clean and cozy. I recommend The African regent hotel to anyone going to Ghana for the first time as it will make your trip worthwhile.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Fredric O,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our property.

We are glad to know we lived up to your expectations. It will be a pleasure to have you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my second stay at the African Regent. The first time I was lucky enough to stay in the 2 bedroom suite (with a colleague) - which was stunning and much higher quality than the regular rooms (felt like a different property this time).

This hotel is located in a busy intersection - and close to the mall. While there is adequate security, it is sad to peer out the window of your room directly over a shanty village.

The only thing I had trouble with was my air conditioner which didn't seem to be working. I called the desk, and they immediately send up maintenance who pulled out the air filters (which were completely blocked with black ooze). After he cleaned and replaced them, the a/c was fine (disgusting to think I would have been breathing that in).

The restaurant service was extremely slow, they are set up more for buffets (so make sure you have more than an hour if you use the menu). The hallways and lobby are not air conditioned - so be prepared for extremely hot and humid the minute you leave your room.

On the upside, front desk staff are very professional and friendly, no problems with airport shuttle, and meeting facilities are good. It is also refreshing in this part of the world to feel like towels and sheets are clean (which is not a problem a the African Regent).

I feel they think they are a 5 star.....but in actual fact, a solid 3 star (from North American standards).

Room Tip: If you can swing for a suite - they are a great deal nicer and better kept!

Dear Marie B,
Thank you for your invaluable feedback on your experience with us, we truly appreciate it. Apologies for the unfortunate incidences with the air conditioner and the restaurant. We always value constructive criticism and use it as the fuel to re-double our efforts. As part our Guest Expectation Team (GET), we have already schedule an action plan on Restaurant service and have serviced all the air conditions in our rooms and replaced the ones that needed replacement.
Thank you and should you be traveling to Ghana again, we would love to be your host!
Best Regards

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is my second time here and each time has been good. It is convenient to the airport so that is why I end up there. The rooms are clean and tidy and the staff pleasant. The bar is good and priced accordingly for food and beverage. The breakfast buffett is quite good with eggs cooked to order and the coffee is great. As it is the only place I have stayed in Accra I have nothing else to compare it against but do recommend the hotel. The pool is great for a dip when it gets hot.

If you don't want to eat at the hotel, which is pricey. It is an easy walk to the mall where there are loads of options from budget to upscale. If you are staying in the area for longer periods it also has a grocery and liquor store all priced for locals.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times with work. Having not stayed anywhere else it's hard to compare standards. For work its nice enough to stay although I'm not sure what my impressions would be if it were a holiday.

The standard rooms are pretty small but I've stayed on the 5th floor which is the exec floor and the rooms are a lot nicer/larger.

Things I like are that it is (for Africa) pretty modern, the bed and pillows are comfy and the wifi isn't toooo slow.

THings that need improving are the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Enjoyed staying at this hotel, certainly the best I've experienced in Accra (well of the 3 I've stayed in). Good location close to the airport, with a shopping mall over the road. Service was good, food adequate and the room was a pleasant surprise. Would certainly choose here on a future trip

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel offers a unique blend of heritage, modernism and upmarket hospitality.
The Italian pasta night, seafood tepanyaki, Mongolian buffet and fahita night are absolutely fantastic.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices. Not many hotels breakfast include dried fruits in their offering! The waiting staff do remember your preference for beverage (coffee or tea). We ate sushi in the restaurant buffet during our stay there.
This is definitely the best Hotel to be found in Ghana. The service cannot be beaten anywhere. The team from the door to the rooms are really fabulous. The breakfast is the best in Accra! Security at the Hotel is very vigilant and I felt very secure throughout my stay. The rooms are immaculately presented and the beds and pillows are fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business