“Great stay, love the hotel decor” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The African Regent Hotel

The African Regent Hotel
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Accra
Halifax, Canada
“Great stay, love the hotel decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel is quite nice and the staff are very friendly and are always interested to help. I had two different rooms at this hotel and both were clean, with comfortable beds and ample air conditioning. The breakfast buffet is especially good and there is a nice bar area in the lobby with great ambiance.

You can also easily walk to Accra Mall and it is safe to do so (you just have to cross 2 busy roads).

My only two complaints are that I found there to be limited hot water in my shower and the room service is terribly slow.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LaurenAsh1
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear LaurenAsh1,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The African Regent Hotel during your recent visit to Accra. We are delighted to know our rooms were extremely comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have noted your feedback about the hot water and room service and will take measures to improve upon them.

We would love to have you back again should travel bring you to Accra.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I recently had a 2 night stay here. The hotel is full of character and all the staff exceptionally friendly and eager to please.
What would have made it better for me is if the pool area had some shade ie umbrellas or an arbour. I wanted to get out of the glare of the sun and read a book, but the area is really only geared up for those who want to sunbathe and all in all is a bit on the bleak side.
The other thing is I didn't know there was a spa until I read reviews on trip advisor! I would have definitely taken advantage of this had I known it was there so perhaps you could inform customers of the facilities at check in or better still update your information packs in the room? They are a little shabby and it would be good if you had a booklet with spa info and prices along with restaurant,room service, gym info etc in each bedroom.
I'm sure if you are in a position to take on board this feedback it would benefit you too in terms of generating more revenue, but all in all you have a hotel that's going in the right direction in terms of how you treat customers and actively encourage feedback. I look forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Jane T,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience at The African Regent Hotel. We appreciate guest feedback, as it helps us improve the guest experience. While we are happy to hear your stay was pleasant, we are sorry to have not provided you information about the spa and to learn that our pool area was not conducive enough for you. Your comments about our spa and poolside have however been noted.
Providing unparalleled service is our utmost priority and we look forward to having you back soon.

Eldoret, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

. I had an event at the African Regent Hotel, Accra and resided in the hotel between 11th and 20th January 2014. On my first business day, I injured my foot badly. Not familiar with Accra, I chose to ask at the reception if I could get some first aid while I waited to seek medical attention later. To my surprise, one of the young ladies at the counter responded immediately by bringing out the hotel’s first aid kit. She cleaned my wound and lovingly bandaged it. I can still hear her voice as she worked on my foot: “Oh, sorry. It must be painful. But let’s clean it and put this medicine so that it gets well.” Ernestina (I read her name on her badge) was not afraid to clean up my dirty foot that was now full of blood! It would seem that my health and safety was of utmost concern to her. She did not stop at that; she would look me up the following day and a later day to change my bandage and apply new medicine to my wound. Ernestina genuinely seemed concerned about my welfare. For this I felt that she deserved to be honored as the staff of the year 2014 and I said as much!
When I got back to my home country, Kenya, I got a message from the hotel checking on my foot and thanking me for staying at the African Regent Hotel. The message was signed by the Senior Guest Relations Officer at the hotel, Ernestina N. Adjartey. So senior in position, yet so ready to serve! I travel a lot around the world (I am writing this message in a hotel in New York only a week after Accra) and this event is one of the best experiences that I have had in a hotel away from home. It made me feel so welcome. All services at the hotel were excellent - the staff was friendly and ready to help, the rooms are clean and well kept, and the food was yummy, to mention but a few. But this one event stood out because it was service beyond my wildest expectations. Thank you, African Regent Hotel.

Room Tip: I was on first floor at a corner and the roomy was, quiet, large and well lit. The A/C was funstioni...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank EKamaara
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear EKamaara,
Thank you for your shining review of our services,facilities and guest relations senior officer, Ernestina N. Adjartey.
We are indeed thrilled to learn about her conduct and have shared this review with every member of our team as an exemplary attitude to be followed by all.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again should travel bring you to Accra.

Kind Regards
Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was at the Hotel for Diner with friends from Germany. We had a warmth welcome from the entrance into what to me seemed to be a clean environment.
The atmosphere at the restaurant was serene and calm, we had a nice time helping them try local Ghanaian dishes across the tables. The restaurant staff was really helpful in explaining to them the composition and making of each dishes. They really enjoyed themselves. The buffet was rich and had most of the dishes one would definitely go for on a hot afternoon.....
It is indeed a nice Hotel

Room Tip: Come early so you can spend more time for lunch
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Sylvestre A
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Sylvestre A,
We appreciate the time taken to share your recent visit to The African Regent Hotel with us and other travelers around the world. We are thrilled to know your friends from Germany enjoyed trying local Ghanaian dishes at our restaurant and had a good time trying them.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again, perhaps to spend a night or two in the comfort of our rooms. Once again, thank you and enjoy the holidays.

Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

The hotel offers all the basics. The staff are friendly and helpful. The service is slow and you can wait very long for meal orders. The food is good and the drinks are cold. Good location and very accessible from the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marius L
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Marius L,
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience at The African Regent with other travelers. We are satisfied to know we provided all the basics you would expect from a hotel.
In regards to your comment about the delay in service, we have taken note and will take steps in addressing your feedback.
Once again thank you and enjoy the holidays.
Brighton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Just had a great stay here. Staff are warm and friendly. Rooms a bit spare but above the normal African standards.

Pool area ok, a bit noises from the road. Gym clean and well stocked for a medium size hotel.

Restaurant food good quality and varied. I had steak and mash yum!!!

Pool menu predictable but tasty.

15 mins from the airport.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MattyJBrighton
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear MattyJBrighton,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The African Regent Hotel. We are glad to know your recent stay with us was great and staff were warm and friendly.
We will pass on your compliments to our chef. He will be delighted to know you enjoyed eating from our restaurant.
We have noted your comment about our pool menu and will pass on your feedback to our f&b department.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you back soon.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is an ok hotel....clean, but so old fashioned.... But I appreciate it is Africa. Wifi available but connection hit & miss!! Old fashioned bathroom, no bath met...& mine had a mirror missing!!
There is a kettle in the room....
I ate dinner in the restaurant. Service v slow-except when it comes to the bill!! Food average-again, it's Ghana & our tastes are very different-a must to remember when you are here!! I had breakfast here to....again, ok, nothing to write home about!
Pool area ok....not private & not too many beds...
Millions of Mosquitos -the hotel does what it can, but do bring a Deet spray ...
Staff friendly but service sooooo slow!!

Room Tip: Don't expect too much from the gym-small & very hot!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Sarahws888,
Thank you for taking time out to share you recent experience at the African Regent Hotel with other travellers.
We are very sorry to hear about all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and that we did not live up to your expectations.

Your feedback means a lot to us and we do hope you give us a chance to make things right.