“Great hotel for business near the Airport”

Holiday Inn Accra Airport
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Clean, good food, and friendly, internet a little slow but to be expected. Last week was my third stay at the hotel, and as such deserves a positive review.

They are building next door just to be warned, but it didn't bother me, however if I was on holiday it might have.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The service in this hotel was great. However, I was very disappointed with the ventilation system and in general all the smells of the hotel where circulating around and around. There is a shopping mall close by but I would not recommend to go very late there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear costacurtas76,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. It is lovely to hear you were satisfied with the service you received during your stay. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed 5 August 2014

(firstly, I hope you got that reference)

I'm staying here before I fly home as it is close to the airport.

We were hungry so we went to the buffet, wrong move. I was delighted to see quite a few options such as sushi (to my delight!) and promptly took some. Under neath the sushi is something that looks like soy sauce but is in fact balsamic vinegar. Delightful.

The sushi was moist... not good. I tried the creamy vegetable sauce, only to find it had only carrots and onions in it. I tried again with a steak option in a sauce - dry. oh, so dry and tough. The food looked like it had been there for a while.

So, probably go somewhere else for food. I've eaten dinner here and the menu variety is small - go out on the town to Mamma Mia's or something [I wrote a review for that as well].

ROOMS: I'm staying in a normal room. The room is quite large and spacious, there is a table with four chairs, a desk, a closet, bed [comfy!], and other amenities. The view isn't spectacular, but I suppose it doesn't need to be. The air conditioning works VERY well. The bathroom is also quite large! Good sized bathtub.

side note: be sure to check out the artwork on each floor. A visual delight (I guess?)

It is a good place to stay when in transit, or for a few days.

It'll do.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ymwhiteman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear ymwhiteman,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us.

Connie D

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is bog standard business traveller hotel - nothing outstanding, nothing mediocre. This would be fine except the room rate suggests better standard should be provided and is expected. Staff friendly, shuttle service available. Bugbear was that the restaurant staff seemed to be surprised that people would actually want to sit and eat on the patio rather than the extremely bright lit dining room which lacks ambiance. Getting staff to provide cutlery was a challenge and they have a haphazard approach to providing bar snacks with sundowners. Food was ok. Tried a local dish and despite being happy with hot and spicy food, the heat striped my tastebuds - not an inducement for this foreigner to try Ghanian food, I'm afraid. Loads of construction near by so noisy and dusty outside, especially during the week. Request for iron and board before 7 am appears to challenge staff. No one appears to be in housekeeping till 7AM. One 1 day of my stay the printer in the business centre was out of order and when I asked if I could email my two-pager to reception for them to print I was told this was not possible. Rooms clean, kettles and tea/coffee provided. Convenient for airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Yoliwe K,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced duirng your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I guess most staying here are either coming or going, and for that reason, it works well. Not the nicest hotel, but so convenient - especially their greeting lounge at the airport and then their direct and free shuttle from the airport. For that reason I have stayed here twice, but a bit pricey for what it is. Buffet is nice, but not amazing, rooms are nice and functional, but not amazing. Staff are great as always. Comfortable and friendly, and I will continue to use it as I come and go - until such time as some more competition is built nearby which is happening fast.

Room Tip: If you need good wifi - you may have to shuffle rooms a little to find a "hot-spot".
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I enjoyed my visit to Accra, Ghana very much. No rain and not too hot. The hotel sits adjacent to the airport but there is not a lot of airline traffic so the noise level was good. However, there is construction all around the hotel which was very noisy from early morning till late evening. The room was nicely appointed and had a small refrigerator and ample storage space. The bathroom was clean and roomy. The bed slept well, but the mattress was on the firm side. Room service responded promptly and the food was tasty. The big shock came because of the cost of hotel rooms, I have never had to pay what this room cost me any where I have stayed. Take plenty of money and it should be in cash, credit cards are rarely accepted.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and it was quiet except for the construction noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is very close to the airport and has a regular free shuttle. Good facilities, good service. Wifi is a bit iffy and I had to change rooms to get a good connection. Rooms are spacious and clean. Not cheap but worth it for convenience if you are on a stopover between flights