“Consistently good”

Alisa Hotels North Ridge
Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My third stay at Alisa (2010, 2011 and now 2014). It is always a good place for business or short holiday stopover: large comfortable rooms with minibar, large LCD TV, clean. Restaurant buffet has even improved is now up to my French-eater tastes! Price/quality has also improved but this is due to the devaluation of the Ghana Cedi. Corporate rates are now very competitive. And the gym is really great!

Room Tip: rooms in the main building seem to be larger
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AlisaGhana, Manager at Alisa Hotels North Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time review your stay.

We are thrilled to know that you acknowledge the improvement in our restaurant buffet.
We are expanding our facilities and thus improving our services so guests like you will always feel pampered when you stay with us.

We will always be happy to welcome you again and exceed your expectation.

Best regards.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the Alisa Hotel from March 14 through March 15. From planning to being picked up at the airport, the level of assistance from Alisa Hotel management was first class. My room was spotless and the employees are friendly. One gentleman named Michael even lent me his cell phone so I could tell my loved ones I had arrived in Ghana.

I think I spoke to every staff person I came into contact with and shared our life experiences. Priceless! I loved the jazz room with its live music and had great conversation with the staff. The gym is first-rate and rivals some of the gyms I've stayed in while in Las Vegas earlier this year during Superbowl weekend. I also got a few quick instructions from the instructor; I believe it was Fred.
I definitely plan to be back and hopefully stay longer so I may take the bus to the Elmina Castle.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank David Y

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Alisa Hotel and taking time to write such a wonderful review on your stay.
We are very glad you enjoyed our prompt complimentary airport shuttle and our clean and spotless rooms. We are always happy to receive our guests and give them the best service you can ever have in any hotel. We are indeed flattered by the comparison you made.
Regards, from Fred, Michael and all of us here at Alisa Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Transport: A quiet hotel in a leafy residential area. No problems with transport to town centre or anywhere else in Accra, as there are always taxis passing by and cars for hire waiting nearby. Tiresome bargaining is required, but thats the same for all Accra. The hotel provides an efficient free airport transfer service, kudos for that.

Rooms: Rooms are perfectly functional although rather basic. The room appeared clean but there was a persistent sticky spot near the door and I resorted to using wet wipes to clean the whole floor myself. The bathroom is bright and clean enough. That said, a cockroach did crawl out of the overflow when I was in the tub, luckily I am not the squeamish type.

Dining: The restaurant is buffet only but the spread is wide and changes daily. The quality was pretty good for Ghana and the variety much appreciated. That said, it is hotel buffet food and Accra has a lot better to offer, so dine out if your meeting schedule permits.

Plus points: Wifi was intermittent but internet access works fine if you bring an AirPort or similar and throw wifi in your room via the in-room cable. The pool area is very pleasant and useful for meetings too. Every single member of staff I interacted with over my week-long stay was friendly and helpful. The staff made staying in a generally average hotel into a net positive experience.

Conclusion: If you need international standards, stay in the Movenpick. If you are not too fussed about finery, the Alisa is perfectly functional at a much lower price. It is expensive for what it is, but thats Accra for you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MMSCPSYH
AlisaGhana, Manager at Alisa Hotels North Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for staying at Alisa Hotel and taking time to review your stay with us.
We are very glad you enjoyed our serene environment, prompt complimentary airport shuttle and our perfectly functional rooms, as you rightly said.
We are also happy you enjoyed the wide variety of food at our buffets. We would like to point out that you can always order a la carte from our restaurant as well. Alisa Hotel is a hotel in a class of its own providing world class services to all our cherished guests.
We thank you for appreciating the warm, friendly and helpful nature of our well-trained staff.
Thank you once again for your kind remarks. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I loved staying at the Alisa. I was there from 3rd to 19th January 2014. On my first night, I enjoyed the live band music by the poolside where buffet dinner was being served. On other nights, after dinner, I sat at the piano lounge listening to old favourites.

The food was fantastic especially as there was always traditional food being served either at the buffet or a la carte. There was always lots of fruits and vegetables. A good variety of dishes to choose from at Annabel's and the poolside restaurant. The fruit punch was a hit!

My room was clean and well maintained. Wifi connection is strong, and there is an efficient business centre.

And of course my most pleasant memory will be the friendly and efficient service from the lovely hotel and restaurant staff. Vida and others at reception, Fred at the gym, Nikolaus the Executive Chef, the food attendants, the staff at the concierge, and many others who made my stay simply unforgettable. You have all left me with a very good impression and memories of Ghana.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
AlisaGhana, Manager at Alisa Hotels North Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Alisa Hotel and taking time review your stay with us.
We are glad you enjoyed our Friday night buffet with live band music. It is a program designed to help our guests relax and enjoy good food and music in a relaxed atmosphere.
We are also happy your enjoyed our rooms, traditional food and efficient staff. We always make it a point to make our guests feel at home at all times.
Greetings from Fred, Nikolaos, Vida and all the staff of Alisa Hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Friendly staff, Good Breakfast, clean and nice hotel to stay. A bit expensive, that is Ghana for you. The rooms are spread across three buildings which are next to each other. That may be a bit odd, so you will have to manage this. Hotel provides a airport shuttle, which is good and prompt.

Room Tip: select the main building, as they have three building next to each other. So take the building which...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
AlisaGhana, Manager at Alisa Hotels North Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Alisa Hotel and your wonderful review.
We are very glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, good complimentary breakfast and our warm, helpful and receptive staff. We would like you to note that you can always ask any of our receptionists or concierge for directions to any part of the hotel and they will gladly help you find your way around.
Once again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Alisa Hotel's food is very amazing, really good, and i would recommend it to whoever wants to spend money on good and non-regrettable food. they have different dishes: buffet or a la carte. their chef is also a good man and very nice to relate to!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
AlisaGhana, Manager at Alisa Hotels North Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Alisa Hotel and taking time to review your stay.
We are very glad you enjoy our good food. We also have special themed buffets every Wednesday from 18:30 - 22:30.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Nothing special when compared to other well maintained 3 star international class hotels. Having said that, I believe Alisa is one of the better hotels in Accra. The rooms are clean, the air conditioner works, the water is hot, the food is okay, but nothing special. Everything functions as it should.

• Stayed: November 2013
AlisaGhana, Manager at Alisa Hotels North Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest, we really appreciate your stay with us and taking time to review your stay.
We are very happy you enjoyed our rooms and our food. We thrive to be the best hotel in Ghana by providing the mentioned essentials and beyond.
Kindly check your inbox as we would like to know more concerning this comment.
Thank you once again for your comment and we promise not to disappoint on your next visit.
Best Regards.