“Average by international standards ”

Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

After a lengthly wait for a transfer from the hotel there was quite a wait to get booked In on arrival. Value wise the premier room I had booked was way overpriced. But reasonable given the exorbitant pricing for accommodation in this city. The room was average,large,empty and had no warmth to it, bedding and TV options were good. Humidity of the region caused a musty smell throughout the floor. The outside dining and lounge area is a nice place to be but do not expect much when ordering a western meal. The chef is Asian and anything but an Asian meal is of below par standard. Breakfasts were mediocre and service from the staff was mostly outstanding. There is also a downstairs nightclub come bar area where I bumped into many over lubricated oil rig employees changing shift. Overall not a bad option and probably one of the better hotels in Accra.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your experience during recent stay with us.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in putting in place further effective measures to enhance our approach to service delivery to our treasured clients.

It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer of our hotel and we are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport and this is very convenient when going to the airport to catch a flight. The traffic in Accra can be challenging and it is difficult to know how long time it will take to get to the airport if you stay in town. From this hotel it takes about 10 minutes. I was happy with the room and the internet connection. I choose to use the wire access in the room as this was very stable. Otherwise the hotel has free Wi-Fi also. The breakfast was very nice and had both fresh fruits, eggs of your choice, bread and cereals. My only complaint would be that check inn took a long time even though they were not very busy, it seems as if the computers were working very slowly or something. Other than that staff are friendly and helpful. The place the hotel is situated is not good if you expect to walk out of the hotel and do shopping, this is more or less a residential area from what I could see. I was told that there is a shopping centre not too far from the hotel but I never had time to go there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Safari1957
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Being the first time in Accra I wanted to be booked into Holiday Inn or Golden Tulip. Because of unavailability of both place I have been booked into the BW Premier. I must say I have been surprised about the quality of the hotel. Very neat and clean. The pool might not be the first choice but serves the purpose. Small but very good equipped gym. I have ordered a Thai Green Curry at the Zara restaurant. The best I have had for long time. Declicious and spicy. Just the bath room needs a bit more cleanliness.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

It didn’t enjoy the stay here and had to find another hotel and check it out. The hotel is located just when you hit the main road coming out of the airport. It is a quite old property. Room Services were pathetic. There were some construction activities going on. I will not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Senior Sales & Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

we profoundly apologize once again for the inconvenience you suffered due to some service glitches.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in putting in place further effective measures to avoid any recurrence of such service failures and also enhance our approach to service delivery to our treasured clients.

It's our goal to make amends and retain you as a satisfied customer of our hotel. We therefore hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thanks and Regards
Fusena Habib

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is comfortable and clean. The staff was very accommodating as well. The all you can eat buffet for dinner was very good with a nice Varity. I also had pizza in the lobby bar and considering the African is not known for its pizza, it was good. The local beer was very affordable (about 4 US Dollars). I was upgraded to a suit. The odd thing was, it only had a tub, no stand-alone shower. I only drank bottled water. No tap water for me!! This was my second visit to this hotel and I will probably return a third time.

Room Tip: Use the cash machine at the airport. Have a cab take you to the local beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times when on Accra on business. It is a decent option and in a good location particularly for my work in Legon. Its reasonable value compared to similar hotels in Accra and the staff are very pleasant. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The Wifi is very reliable and best for laptops. It works ok for mobile devices but you need to log in with the username and password each time the device shuts down which is a bit of a hassle.

A few areas could use improvement. 1) Music ranging from religious songs to country is played throughout the hotel from 0630 - 2200. While this would be reasonable if it was restricted to the lobby, it is also played in the hallways and there are speakers outside every other room. This can be quite annoying if you are sleeping in or trying to have an early night. 2) The shuttle service only runs on the hour which can be the difference between being super early for your flight or cutting it close. Ideally it would run q. half hour. 3) Depending on the rooms, the showers aren't in the best shape. Either they don't drain properly, leak or the door handles are broken.

Overall, I would stay there again, but a few improvements would improve my rating of the hotel and make me more likely to recommend it to colleagues.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you so much for your sincere feedback. I will take up your suggestions with Management and we will definitely look into implementing some changes. We hope that by your next visit, some if not all of your suggestions would be dealt with.

Once again, thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PREMIER, Accra Airport Hotel.

Rosalia Mansour
Sales & Marketing manager
BEST WESTERN PREMIER, Accra Airport Hotel

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Hotel was totally fine - clean and well kept and feels overall like its in a compound. Breakfast is okay and rooms are great - if you get one with no carpet. Wireless was hit and miss in the room but fairly reliabe in reception - if your are brining a laptop bring a network cable as rooms have hard wire connection that is very reliable.

Room Tip: ask for a room with no carpet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 334Traveller
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your genuine feedback. Please note that we have network cables in each room on the study desk for your use. it is a retractable black box usually pinned to the side of the desk.
We hope to see you again at our Premier Hotel !!

Rosalia Mansour