“A bit expensive but really good for airport access”

Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel
Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Accra
Middlebury, Vermont, USA
“A bit expensive but really good for airport access”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We (three friends) stayed here the night before our departure from Accra back to the U.S. - to be honest, I'd tried to book us rooms at a beach hotel and found it was full, so we decided our next best option was to book as close to the airport as possible. I had very limited online access where I was staying so it was a challenge to find a room, and at first look, the price of the Best Western really turned me off - no way I could feel good about a one-night stay for their normal rates. However, when I called to enquire about availability of rooms, they were having a half-off special and I went for it, knowing it'd be a pain to keep searching.

The pros - as many have said, it is right next to the airport, and I can't tell you how awesome that is in Accra, because traffic is horrendous. They have an airport shuttle, too, which was fantastic. I thought the desk and general service was quite fine, many smiles and very helpful with local information and logistics assistance.

Off the main road, there is not too much traffic noise, at least in comparison to other locations in Accra. It's a newer and fancy-looking interior. Great bar in the lounge, and a business center where we were able to print out our boarding passes ahead of time (a HUGE help). Internet was free and an ethernet port was available in addition to wireless, so the connection I had was fast - a big deal in Accra, plus there was no additional charge for access. There is a private pool (water was COLD!) and a bar next to it, although we didn't take advantage of it.

Breakfast was included in our rate, and is served buffet style. Not my favorite food but there were many varieties of things to eat, coffee (horrible espresso, but you know, I was in Accra, so no complaints really) and eggs made to order. I thought the dining room servers were really nice, although it felt a bit oddly formal. I didn't eat other meals in the dining room, but I did order via room service and thought the food was fine (not superior, but very edible!)

The room was clean, bed comfortable, and no mosquitoes. I had a nice desk for my laptop and they provided a bottle of drinking water (SO nice), and after a long stay in a more rural area, I really enjoyed the bathtub! I agree with other reviewers that the workmanship in the bathrooms wasn't great but again, it was fine and everything worked. There were travel containers of shampoo, soap, etc. which I did appreciate.

All in all, if I needed to be close to the airport, and could book the room at a reduced rate, I'd stay there again. I'm not sure I would do so at their normal rates, though - way too expensive when I could be on the beach at a more casual but enjoyable and affordable location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us your experience during your stay at The Best Western Premier Hotel in January of 2013.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in improving upon our service delivery.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our facilities and services, we pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see you had a good stay and was satisfied with our service . I'll be sure to share your feedback with staff and management.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you even better when next you are in Accra by choosing Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel.

Thanks and Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

For the developing world, this is a comfortable hotel. The staff are friendly, high-speed Internet service is operational and included in the rate. Breakfast is also included, but it's a sad state of affairs; I bought some things at a supermarket not far away so I didn't have to partake of the hotel's bland, unappetizing, tired offerings.

The room was generally comfortable. Clean, bug-free. There needed to be a shower curtain; the shower head is also mounted too low for Western standards. The only way to shower without flooding the floor was to sit down or stoop in the narrow tub; uncomfortable.

The quality of craftsmanship was also poor in the bathroom - messy job sealing the area around the bathtub. Uninviting.

Towels somewhat threadbare, discolored. Sheets were thin, with many little moth holes. Sad.

This property might rate 5 stars based on local standards; I'd say it's maybe 3 stars.

Only stayed here because the Movenpick and other hotels were all booked. Next time, I'll plan to book at the Movenpick further in advance. I hear that property is the best in Accra, and fully up to Western standards.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Diplo,
Thank you for taking the time off your busy schedule to give us this valuable feedback on your stay in our hotel in November 2013.
We deeply regret the inconveniences you suffered as a result of some service failures on our part.
I was very surprised at the concerns you raised, so I immediately set out to investigate them so that we could avoid other valued guests' experiencing similar shortfalls in their rooms. However, although neither our front desk nor guest relations had received and recorded the challenges you experienced in the room such as the lack of shower curtain, low shower head, the messy silicon works and the discolored sheets and thin sheets, we set out to inspect and rectify any such problems in any of our rooms.
Indeed, as is the norm in the industry, If these challenges were brought to our attention, the immediate and appropriate response would have been to change or upgrade your room so that you would not have had to endure these failures throughout the period of your stay.
Your feedback has been most valuable and as already stated and we have taken steps to improve on our facilities to enable us continue to deliver exceptional service to our esteemed guests' such as you.
Please let me know when you will next visit Accra again, so that I can meet you and extend some courtesies to you.
Once again, we are sincerely grateful for your feedback on your stay with us.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

After a lengthly wait for a transfer from the hotel there was quite a wait to get booked In on arrival. Value wise the premier room I had booked was way overpriced. But reasonable given the exorbitant pricing for accommodation in this city. The room was average,large,empty and had no warmth to it, bedding and TV options were good. Humidity of the region caused a musty smell throughout the floor. The outside dining and lounge area is a nice place to be but do not expect much when ordering a western meal. The chef is Asian and anything but an Asian meal is of below par standard. Breakfasts were mediocre and service from the staff was mostly outstanding. There is also a downstairs nightclub come bar area where I bumped into many over lubricated oil rig employees changing shift. Overall not a bad option and probably one of the better hotels in Accra.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your experience during recent stay with us.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in putting in place further effective measures to enhance our approach to service delivery to our treasured clients.

It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer of our hotel and we are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport and this is very convenient when going to the airport to catch a flight. The traffic in Accra can be challenging and it is difficult to know how long time it will take to get to the airport if you stay in town. From this hotel it takes about 10 minutes. I was happy with the room and the internet connection. I choose to use the wire access in the room as this was very stable. Otherwise the hotel has free Wi-Fi also. The breakfast was very nice and had both fresh fruits, eggs of your choice, bread and cereals. My only complaint would be that check inn took a long time even though they were not very busy, it seems as if the computers were working very slowly or something. Other than that staff are friendly and helpful. The place the hotel is situated is not good if you expect to walk out of the hotel and do shopping, this is more or less a residential area from what I could see. I was told that there is a shopping centre not too far from the hotel but I never had time to go there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Safari1957
Hattingen, Germany
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Being the first time in Accra I wanted to be booked into Holiday Inn or Golden Tulip. Because of unavailability of both place I have been booked into the BW Premier. I must say I have been surprised about the quality of the hotel. Very neat and clean. The pool might not be the first choice but serves the purpose. Small but very good equipped gym. I have ordered a Thai Green Curry at the Zara restaurant. The best I have had for long time. Declicious and spicy. Just the bath room needs a bit more cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 October 2013

It didn’t enjoy the stay here and had to find another hotel and check it out. The hotel is located just when you hit the main road coming out of the airport. It is a quite old property. Room Services were pathetic. There were some construction activities going on. I will not recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Senior Sales & Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

we profoundly apologize once again for the inconvenience you suffered due to some service glitches.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in putting in place further effective measures to avoid any recurrence of such service failures and also enhance our approach to service delivery to our treasured clients.

It's our goal to make amends and retain you as a satisfied customer of our hotel. We therefore hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Fusena Habib

Travellers are raving about these Accra hotels

new jersey
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is comfortable and clean. The staff was very accommodating as well. The all you can eat buffet for dinner was very good with a nice Varity. I also had pizza in the lobby bar and considering the African is not known for its pizza, it was good. The local beer was very affordable (about 4 US Dollars). I was upgraded to a suit. The odd thing was, it only had a tub, no stand-alone shower. I only drank bottled water. No tap water for me!! This was my second visit to this hotel and I will probably return a third time.

Room Tip: Use the cash machine at the airport. Have a cab take you to the local beach.